What's new

Kombat Kon pools.

Here are the pools for Kombat Kon. The tournament starts at noon cst on 11/19/2016. It will be streamed on www.twitch.tv/teamripset . Be sure to check out www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade for the event cam and a bunch of other MK related activities going on. There is a $1500 pot bonus spread out over the top 8. We will be using the standard distribution.

Prize Distribution:
1st Place – 50%
2nd Place – 20%
3rd Place – 13%
4th Place – 7%
5th Place (tie) – 3%
7th Place (tie) – 2%

So good luck to all you competitors.

http://challonge.com/kombatkonpool1
http://challonge.com/kombatkonpool2
http://challonge.com/kombatkonpool3
http://challonge.com/kombatkonpool4

Winner of Pool 1 will face winner of Pool 3.
Winner of Pool 2 will face winner of Pool 4.

Same with the losers of each pool.

promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Only 18 people with 1500$ on the line? Hope there are more GGA members that sign up last minute

Only 18 people with 1500$ on the line? Hope there are more GGA members that sign up last minute
Well GGA has always not made money off of Mortal Kombat. Even when we had a team for MK9 and Injustice we were happy to lose money doing it. It is more about the community for us. I am happy for the people that are coming because they have a great shot at pot money, which is great. I would have loved more people to sign up of course though.

I think the future of MKX tourneys are pointing more and more to online tournaments and the 10k pot bonus tourneys from NRS. Our scene is changing.

is it too late to sign up? my dumbass forgot the other night.
You are good to sign up until 11:30 am tomorrow. You can even sign up at the door too. I'll just have to shove you in a pool instead of being able to plan ahead. It will be fine.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Well GGA has always not made money off of Mortal Kombat. Even when we had a team for MK9 and Injustice we were happy to lose money doing it. It is more about the community for us. I am happy for the people that are coming because they have a great shot at pot money, which is great. I would have loved more people to sign up of course though.

I think the future of MKX tourneys are pointing more and more to online tournaments and the 10k pot bonus tourneys from NRS. Our scene is changing.

You are good to sign up until 11:30 am tomorrow. You can even sign up at the door too. I'll just have to shove you in a pool instead of being able to plan ahead. It will be fine.
1500$ at a local and only 18 entrants is kind of a blow up regardless if the scene is moving towards online tournaments.

A local in VA had a 1500$ pot bonus and we got over 50 people including outta state visitors. Like is 1500$ not worth the scene's time anymore? That is sad

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
1500$ at a local and only 18 entrants is kind of a blow up regardless if the scene is moving towards online tournaments.

A local in VA had a 1500$ pot bonus and we got over 50 people including outta state visitors. Like is 1500$ not worth the scene's time anymore? That is sad
I think the high cost of entry, due to the nature of the event, is stopping some people. If it was priced like a regular local, I would have gone.

Still though, big shout outs to GGA for having it. @GGA Jeremiah and crew always do a great job running efficient, fun tournaments.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Kombat Kon looks super dope. disappointed at the small # of competitors. Next year I will plan my life around this event

Tweedy

Noob

It's because of the sova heckling. Aint nobody tryna miss that bruh.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
Just tried to watch the archive and couldn't make it through the first five minutes. It's way too laggy and what is with the huge, annoying graphics covering up the whole top part of the game's UI?! I can't see the health bars, I can't see who won how many rounds, and it doesn't even give me the names of the players. Very poor use of screen real estate.