What's new

Kombat Kast TODAY showcasing the Lin Kuei!

Scott Naylor

Comments

Sektor looks amazing, think I’m in love! Cyrax was looking sharp as well, but Sektor’s moveset is definitely more my style.

Havok: Changes look good, but I know fuck all about his gaps/weaknesses, so I hope the mains are happy and this isn't just "well it's nice, but it doesn't really address the core issues" situation.

Kameo's:
  • Sub kameo continues to be better than actual Sub. Verrrrry curious if we'll see more raw sub use and how that'll affect what little zoning there is.
  • Jax's gotcha countering Kameos is GREAT. I love seeing stuff that interacts in unique ways, and this is exactly what i've been talking about where it'd be nice to actually punish kameo's when you know they're coming.
Cyrax:
  • "The thinking man's character" - low effort mk9 joke here
  • EX bomb looks gross, which I love.
  • EX teleport crossing through the opponent is neat. Always love these setup moves that auto sandwich.
  • I'm...not sure why you'd do a fake bomb other than avoiding putting the opponent in block stun so you can throw them?
  • The grounded net pin is interesting.
  • EX net only capturing in corner is neat in theory, but i'm not sure why you'd bother? Looks like normal "net" is almost always as good if not better?
Sektor:
  • Keeping the charge for her normal is neat.
  • Rockets look cool enough, but we'll have to see them in a real match to asses. I'm not expecting much given the anti zoning slant to the whole game.
  • They showed it later but the flamethrower range does look nice.
  • Shield is interesting as a counter zoning tool. Obviously I don't think zoning is that strong in this game, but being able to just eliminate their option to throw any is going to be good.
  • Like the Ion cannon start and claw to the x ray, so that's nice. Still think the multi punches is lame as hell for sektor.
The match footage felt awkward. Did at least show sektor using some of her longer range normals and rockets, but yeah a lot of jumping/whiffing that just felt odd.

Overall I think they'll be good additions, if simply because a lot of the DLC cast feels like the training wheels are off for their design. Dunno how main's will feel about it.

Tanya buff shown in the QA match. She’s able to use a charge to launch meterlessly after normal bf4.

I’m really interested to see what they’ve given everyone else.

Sektor looks cool. I’m really excited to try her. She looks/feels like a Jacqui-esque character.

Both Cyrax and Sektor gameplay look so flashy ..... very good quality high level gameplay done there ! :cool:

Also, it seems that both Cyrax and Sektor would probably pair very good with their respective Cyrax and Sektor kameos as well ! :)

Last edited: