What's new

Video/Tutorial - Alien Kombat Kast: No One Can Hear You Scream

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Since when has alien ever front flipped at someone? Looks so cheesy. He would never do that.. And that's his main launcher..
lmao what "he" there are hundreds of them and they don't even have a gender. They attack with their tails, it's just another tail attack. It's not a graceful flip, more of an animalistic roll and that's entirely in line with how the more wild drones fight, same with all the pouncing and spinning.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Ah, damn it. I missed Alien. For the folks who saw it, how'd it look? Which variation seemed the best/worst/stupid broken?

FoughtDragon01

They all look super stronk in their own way, believe it or not. I think they're all about even.
Oh, really? That's good to hear. Now to see if it'll stay that way or if two of 'em will fall victim to the nerf bat, or as I like to call it, the 'Tanya Effect'.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I hate watching them play. Just show us kp2(Cyber sub)stage fatalities and all the new brutalities n stfu
Or just let the gentlemen that fully break down KP2 characters (besides Cyber Sub for the tease) for you have a fun time playing video games. Also don't you feel like it's better for them not to spoil all the brutalities and stuff so there's at least some surprise left?

Olcadan13

mkx apologist
Ah, damn it. I missed Alien. For the folks who saw it, how'd it look? Which variation seemed the best/worst/stupid broken?
I'm so glad we got to see Alien but this stream was possibly worse than Bo Rai Cho's. They showed breakdowns of each variation's specials then only showed matches with Tarkatan, so it's very hard to say which variation is the best.

Acidic definitely seems to be the weakest, the damage over time projectile is very good, just not compared to what the other variations have to offer.

Tarkatan could be the best, not sure yet. Need to see frame data. If that tanya string is safe then HOOLY SHIT. The match against predator showed Tarkatan with very low damage, don't think 16bit every broke 30%.

Konjurer is likely the best. He can delay the OH drone drop, meaning Takeda-esque hard to blockables into full combos, or into facehuggers.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
From what I saw: armored launcher, horrible combo damage, absurd range on pokes/mixups/jump attacks
Acidic variation: mid projectile space control with huge damage over time
Konjuror variation: egg trap that comes out when opponent comes in range or can be activated manually, hits mid, also overhead alien summon that can be delayed, EX launches
Tarkatan variation: increased range on NJP and other normals, rekka delayable strings like kobu tanya, and baraka specials

I might have forgotten some stuff but that's what I saw lol.

Last edited:

DDutchguy

May I remind everyone that low damage output (which we're not even entirely sure is the case yet) does not break a character. The perfect example of this is Shinnok, whose damage is pretty bad really.

Looking at Alien he has range for days, mixups for days, fast moves for days and trap setups, a ton of DoT... Lower damage (again, we don't know if that's the actual case yet) could be the tradeoff.

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Or just let the gentlemen that fully break down KP2 characters (besides Cyber Sub for the tease) for you have a fun time playing video games. Also don't you feel like it's better for them not to spoil all the brutalities and stuff so there's at least some surprise left?
Im ok with the breakdowns and any kp2 character but the dumb fighting for the belt shit is a waste of time. I dont care for surprises, if its teased just show the whole thing. All im sayin

FoughtDragon01

So it sounds like we're trading in high damage for A LOT of space control. Yeah, I'm gonna have to pick him up for myself, but... I don't think I have any complaints about that yet.

DDutchguy

Im ok with the breakdowns and any kp2 character but the dumb fighting for the belt shit is a waste of time. I dont care for surprises, if its teased just show the whole thing. All im sayin
You can always just turn off the kast once they're done breaking down the character. If the breakdown suffered from their matches it'd be a problem but that's not the case here.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
So it sounds like we're trading in high damage for A LOT of space control. Yeah, I'm gonna have to pick him up for myself, but... I don't think I have any complaints about that yet.
I don't think the damage is that low, Acidic gets a ton of damage thanks to the acid ticks and Konjurer surely has some hard to block setup to get reset after reset. He looks ok!

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
There's always a trade off for a character.

If they're unsafe in general, they get a lot of damage out of their combos (i.e. Ermac)

If someone has a lot of mixup potential and the ability to open u up consistently, the result is less damage from combos / normals (Sonya and the likes)