What's new

Kollector oki OS

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Hi everyone!

Yesterday I posted an OS that Kollector has in the corner for dealing with wakeups. Turns out he can do it midscreen as well.

For those who like videos:

This is how it works:
  1. Knock someone down with db3 or dbf3.
  2. Wait a second
  3. Do b1 into amplified bola
  4. Win the game
Both knockdowns provide a fixed distance and knockdown time so it doesn't change if the opponent was airborne or not.

Why B1?
B1 has no hurtbox and doesn't move Kollector forward so he doesn't get chewed up by the wakeup attacks. It also has enough hitstun to combo into bola from pretty far away.

A note about the timing
I use a quick duck to get the timing right. Don't rush it. You have more time than you think but you need to practice it or you'll get full combo'd.

What does it beat?
It depends on the character. Some characters U3's moves them forward quite a bit, some backwards. It's REALLY different from character to character. But the idea is to OS forward roll, U3 and U2.

Wakeup forward roll, U2, U3 gets full combo punished. Back roll gets them out midscreen but not in the corner, at the cost of a defensive bar. Stand up block leaves you at -25 but with quite some pushback. If you are good at the game unlike me, you could probably react to the quite obvious animation/sound of any WU move and cancel the bola and stay safe. Delayed wakeup makes you whiff b1 which is fine.

How am I supposed to know when to use it?
You use these handy charts I made (say thank you in the comments). But the general rule of thumb is that db3 leaves them slightly closer so forward moving wakeups such as Geras U2 will hit you. On the other hand, dbf3 leaves them further away so it will beat Geras U2. Bear in mind that these charts only show if you get a combo. For instance, Kitana won't hit you with any of her wakeups and she is listed as "no". Geras U2 will hit you from db3 knockdown and is listed as "no" as well.

After DB3 midcreen:

After dbf3 midscreen

After db3 corner
As you can see the setup works on a majority of the characters. You just have to remember which one works against who. Remember that this is just a baseline. Some characters wakeups can be stuffed if you take a slight step back or forward. And you can beat most u3's by jumping in for a full combo. But this is an OS setup.

What beats the setup?
No delay into jump in punch will full combo punish you. Be smart. Bait it and get a full combo with s2 into bola instead. Yo Fucking Lo.

What's the cashout?
If you make the right read you can jik into ender. You get 276 damage from the db3 ender and 286 damage from the dbf3 ender. In the corner you can jik d1 d1 b23 ender which gives you 308/316 damage. Good times.

Final note
If works after dbf3 in the corner but I cba to test it right now. You get the idea.

One of his strengths is having autoconfirms, you can just use the b1 string at that range it's fairly safe. If it hits you knock em down again if it doesn't you are -11

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
One of his strengths is having autoconfirms, you can just use the b1 string at that range it's fairly safe. If it hits you knock em down again if it doesn't you are -11
Yeah the reward is just a lot lower than if you catch 'em with the bola. But if you're out of bar it's a great choice. Otherwise it's a matter of preference really. You can cancel the bola however, but for that you'd have to be actually good at the game which I am not heh.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
But how negative is b1 cancel again?
-20. Throwing the bola is around -25 (depending on how far away you are when you throw the bola). I guess you'll have to live with the mixup between cancel/them eating a full combo bola if they try to punish too soon.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Ill used that some times, but Ive found his 44 to be much better. Yes you sacrifice a little damage because you have to cancel into his slash special but it covers more characters u3s since it has more range, its much easier to hit confirm, it completely covers anyone trying to jump out, and even punishes some rolls depending on the character. Plus you can cancel 44 into whatever you want if you see its not going to connect.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Ill used that some times, but Ive found his 44 to be much better. Yes you sacrifice a little damage because you have to cancel into his slash special but it covers more characters u3s since it has more range, its much easier to hit confirm, it completely covers anyone trying to jump out, and even punishes some rolls depending on the character. Plus you can cancel 44 into whatever you want if you see its not going to connect.
If you want to stay safer you can b121 since the string only comes out on hit. But it's preference really. Both are viable!