What's new

KOF XIII is the current best fighting game............my humble opinion.

Tim Static

Adminerator
its kinda weird someone coming on this site and saying another fighting game is the best, just saying.
Ive been a well known "hater" of the post arcade MK era. I dont even play MK9, nor do I play KoF13, but only because i dont have the time too. KoF13 is one of the best fighting games ive ever played to not have come from the arcade era of fighting games. Dont know why that would be a bad thing to say.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Ive been a well known "hater" of the post arcade MK era. I dont even play MK9, nor do I play KoF13, but only because i dont have the time too. KoF13 is one of the best fighting games ive ever played to not have come from the arcade era of fighting games. Dont know why that would be a bad thing to say.
Yeah. Pretty much every Mk game after mk2 was pretty bad, but I really like Mk9. I guess its the new generation gamer in me. The no comeback factor in this game is what makes it the best to me. Kof13 is good though.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
yea the 3v3 part is my least favorite thing about it. wish it was just a 1v1
Yeah, that's what really irks me about it. That alone makes me feel like it requires a huge amount of devotion paired with the depth of KoF. Yeah, it's 3v3 in UMVC3 too but that's a very simple game in retrospect.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Yeah, that's what really irks me about it. That alone makes me feel like it requires a huge amount of devotion paired with the depth of KoF. Yeah, it's 3v3 in UMVC3 too but that's a very simple game in retrospect.
yea UMvC3 is random garbage fighter, i cant stand it. And this coming from someone who considers MvC2 one of the best 2d fighters of all time.

KoF13 is what it is, and its a great game. but 3v3 just makes me totally not able to get into it hardcore like i should, considering its a fucking amazing game.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
MK9's gameplay is too spot on for me to give up. I don't think there's a video game out there that doesn't have odd occurrences (frame advantage bug, anyone?) in their code, so I accept MK9's faults and enjoy all the things I like about it. And, I gotta say, I enjoy the non-cartoony, bloody nature of MK9. It's so over the top but not in an annoying way.

Also, what is it with so many fighting games having the characters saying/yelling stupid shit? Wordless grunts/yells/etc is fine, whatever...but yelling "SIDEWINDERRRRRKICK!!!!!!!!111" really grates on my nerves after the 2nd time it pierces through a speaker system. /endrant /personalopinions

Bidu

the CHILL of DESPAIR
There's no "Ryu" in this game.

Trolling aside, I've tried it, it's good, seems balanced to me but I think it's too fast for me. I play slow fighting games like MK9 and SSF4AE.

Gooch Peencher

XBL GT: Unikob
It's between MK9 and UMVC3 for me. I prefer MK9 right now only because I'm better at it, but I love the high risk in UMVC3.

sent from my phone using a free version of tapatalk. hehe

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
There aren't any games that don't have odd issues, Ninj, but the problem is that MK9 has bugs on such fundamental levels. Which sucks, because now that frame data has become available, the game is going to become a lot more interesting.

Ninj

THTB It also sucks because NRS really nailed a lot of fundamental enjoyment factors for the game, as well as depth. Hopefully their next MK is basically a fixing of MK9's issues, nothing more, nothing less.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
leona is on a tier of her own OP, the lowest tier. 3 KOF pros (names escape me) constructed a tier list and although they say the roster is really really competitive, leona just sucks ass.

anyway great game really enjoy it i rep the psycho soldiers, fuck yeah kensou. athena is mai waifu and chin is badass.
NO NO NO NO ATHENA IS MINE GTFO.

For me personally learning 3 characters isn't that difficult. Learning 3 KoF characters is like learning 1 SF character to me. Also KoF isn't a match-up heavy game like SF or MK9. Of course there are still match-ups, but there isn't like Noob-Raiden kinda match-ups AFAIK.

MK9's gameplay is too spot on for me to give up. I don't think there's a video game out there that doesn't have odd occurrences (frame advantage bug, anyone?) in their code, so I accept MK9's faults and enjoy all the things I like about it. And, I gotta say, I enjoy the non-cartoony, bloody nature of MK9. It's so over the top but not in an annoying way.

Also, what is it with so many fighting games having the characters saying/yelling stupid shit? Wordless grunts/yells/etc is fine, whatever...but yelling "SIDEWINDERRRRRKICK!!!!!!!!111" really grates on my nerves after the 2nd time it pierces through a speaker system. /endrant /personalopinions
you must really hate anime :)

i have played mk9 and i still do ,i just hate so many of the mechanics and the constant patches really did more damage let's just hope for a better mk 10

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
It may be the best game in the world but I'd have even less people to play locally than MK, and that figure barely goes into double figures as it is. Kyo is a badass though and Mai has epic boobs I'll give you that.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The number of patches did hurt, but if they hadn't patched by EVO, this game would be way more screwed over.

Ninj

you must really hate anime :)
I've seen good anime...cowboy bebop for one. Not all anime is created equal...I'm actually not sure what kind you're referring to that the characters do what I was talking about. I was just thinking Street Fighter, SC5, KoF when I wrote that. For the record I'm not saying they're bad games, just that it annoys me when characters do that. That's why my character in SC5 is the Male Assassin voicetype so all he does is mutter "you will die". I can handle that. Pyrrha screaming about how she doesn't want to fight while kicking my ass is really unnecessary imo.

KoF13 rumored to be picked up by MLG is a good look, but I'm worried at the attendance and viewers it will get. Imo they won't be as high as any of the other "main" games. KOF13 is a good game and deserves a bigger/better scene than it currently has. Nobody outside of Cali and a few in East Coast are playing it (generally speaking) which is a shame, and to make matters worse it has little stream time due to the smaller scene.

On the otherhand SFxT looks fun and has potential. I mean if Ricky Ortiz says this game looks the most fun since CvS2 (I believe he said that on stream if i recall) then you know SFxT will be HYPE. If it lives up to the hype and expectation then it could be one of the greatest fighters of the PS3/Xbox360 generation.

I've seen good anime...cowboy bebop for one. Not all anime is created equal...I'm actually not sure what kind you're referring to that the characters do what I was talking about. I was just thinking Street Fighter, SC5, KoF when I wrote that. For the record I'm not saying they're bad games, just that it annoys me when characters do that. That's why my character in SC5 is the Male Assassin voicetype so all he does is mutter "you will die". I can handle that. Pyrrha screaming about how she doesn't want to fight while kicking my ass is really unnecessary imo.
in most action anime the protagonist shouts his hissatsu wazza aka super moves ,like in bleach or keneshi but in the games it can can become boring real fast i get it ,i mean lui kang is a chore to play against cuz of his bruce lee shouts