What's new

Klassic Man (YEAH!)

Espio

Kokomo
So with a new MK on the horizon, I was thinking of traits from previous games that I really enjoyed. I hope they bring back a lot of the dialogue/commentary in fights that made them more enjoyable like the "Well Done" and menacing laugh from the announcer. It gave a lot more life to the fighting and these things are seen in a lot of other fighters too if you look at KI or other modern fighters with a more engaged announcer.

I want to see a return of Endurance in the arcade ladders where you gotta fight 2 sub bosses and a ninja or whoever three on one, it added a greater challenge to ladders and nostalgia never hurts. Also helps to break up the routine and make arcade mode more strategic coupling that with choose your destiny returning.

I know MK9 challenge tower isn't a super classic mode, but I would like to see it back instead of the living towers, which seem more wasteful now since I don't really see casual youtubers or otherwise playing/utilizing. I also liked the challenge tower because it encouraged people to use characters they wouldn't otherwise use.

What are some classic things you'd like to see return?

subzert

Frozen Soul
The Versus screens please. Kombat kode was very well replaced by kustom kombat so they can keep inputting kodes out but bring back the versus screens like the Killer Instinct has. Full 3D models with the right outfit equipped.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
More than 10 fight for arcade classic ladder please. Also i wish to see more than one arcade ladder like they did for MK Trilogy, Ultimate, MK4 and MK3 earlier.

Cinematic endings like MK4 endings but in better way of course.

Humanoid Reptile

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Secret fights would be cool in arcade ladder mode. They can try Street Fighter's ''fight your rival'' type of secret fights too.. Mortal Kombat has a lot of potential about rivalry. For example;

Havik - Hotaru
Scorpion - Sub Zero
Kitana - Sindel
Raiden - Shao Kahn
Kotal Kahn - Mileena or Goro, and okey maybe Reiko.. He is more complicated than others. There could be more than one rival.

Last edited:

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I would like a mode like MK9's challenge tower but that functions as the advanced tutorial. That way you can learn about advanced mechanics and strategies in a more enjoyable way. I think it would really help newcomers level up

As for clasic stuff:

I would love to see the anouncer say things during the match again.
Kombat Kodes.
Some hidden mini-game, like in MKII and MK3.
Tag Mode.
Choose your destiny.
Friendships.

Secrets. But actual secrets, not like the classic secret fights in MK9 that were spoiled by the trophies, bor the cyber-sub variation for triborg that was shown on stream before release. Something more on the line of the Toasty Boost, something that can be discovered many months after release withouth having any hints towards its existence. Not characters because that would hurt competitive play, but something, costumes, minigames, a survival mode (MKSM had one that was discovered waaay after release), a secret boss... I don't know what exactly, but something.

That is all I can think of now withouth falling into things like costumes and stages.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Toasty needs to return but have it be even more rare than it was in MK9. Also tie it to some sort of new secret a la the Toasty Boost. I'm still blown away at how long it took the world to discover that secret. That's what MK is all about.

Babalities are an absolute must. If not Babalities, there has to be some way to humiliate an opponent. Rage quit Hara-Kiris don't count. I miss people telling others "get babied, bro" at tournaments.

I'd love for there to be a hidden fighter in the game. I don't even care who it is. Just leave mysterious clues and maybe have some sort of unknown series of requirements to unlock him/her. I know data-mining is a thing, but it would be amazing to have a true secret fighter in the game.

Kombat Kodes would be cool, but I won't miss them much if they don't return again.

Versus screens that show your customized character would be amazing. Killer Instinct does it, so there's no reason MK11 can't.

Mercy would be a cool addition. I loved bringing people back to life in the arcades back in UMK3 days. Everyone was also so confused if they hadn't seen that before. This is a great way to humiliate someone, aside from a Babality/Friendship. Tie a special finisher or Brutality to Mercies, as well. You can only perform that specific finisher after a Mercy. Also, tie a special finisher to the opponent if they defeat you after you show Mercy.

This is just off the top of my head. I'm probably forgetting a bunch of stuff.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
Absolutely agree re things like "EXCELLENT" and "OUTSTANDING"

But if Shao Kahn is playable, who would it be making those exclamations? They should include regardless though.

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
Mercy would be a cool addition. I loved bringing people back to life in the arcades back in UMK3 days. Everyone was also so confused if they hadn't seen that before. This is a great way to humiliate someone, aside from a Babality/Friendship. Tie a special finisher or Brutality to Mercies, as well. You can only perform that specific finisher after a Mercy. Also, tie a special finisher to the opponent if they defeat you after you show Mercy.
This is a pretty Damn good idea. Its the meter burn throw into brutal for mk11. I think it has some awesome possibilities, most you mentioned. Great thinking!

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
Just more announcer stuff during the fight like “outstanding” also bring back throwing encouraged

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
More deeper and echoed voice for bosses.

Dark Arenas ( The new Shang Tsung's Courtyard looks amazing but i didn't like the other Special Forces arena in desert. Also, yes i am in love with Sky Temple in MKX. ) If there will be a Pit Stage, it should be The Pit III from MK3 this time. I don't want see the same pit over and over again.