What's new

Tech - Mournful Kitana's insane blockstring in Mournful (up to 31% chip) BIG CHARACTERS ONLY!!

Viable?

• Total voters

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
I'm sure that's the point of it so saying you have no options is a bit of a stretch. If anything it opens up her potential as it jails allowing mixup from there.
Why would you mix anyone up when you have 212~ex glaive loops, meter and they have less than 30%? It's great they buffed kit but that would be an extremely annoying situation to be put in.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Why would you mix anyone up when you have 212~ex glaive loops, meter and they have less than 30%? It's great they buffed kit but that would be an extremely annoying situation to be put in.
Block breaker.

She also has to have full meter and if this variation is anything like Kobu she won't have full meter very often.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Yeah that's true. I expect ex glaive will be in use a lot. I expect kits will be throwing more now too.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Block breaker.

She also has to have full meter and if this variation is anything like Kobu she won't have full meter very often.
If the block breaker was a regularly though of thing people would not let kung lao bully them in top 8 the past two months. i tested this on sub Cassie and jax ex reversals. the all got bodied by that 212 trap mid screen. seem legit. One rep and you have mix up at least. more than what lao has. princess has a low starter and a KD overhead. and that new animation on d1 or d4 to check people. one rep into 21 its also legit. and that leave you plus 2 on block.

Last edited:

armani

Noob
I think alot more people would use block breaker if it didn't cost you two bars.
but some characters dont have block string set ups so I guess it's ok

STK

its the last kick in that string. i really dont think its a true block string but you have to be the cpu to blow it up. lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
If the block breaker was a regularly though of thing people would not let kung lao bully them in top 8 the past two months. i tested this on sub Cassie and jax ex reversals. the all got bodied by that 212 trap mid screen. seem legit. One rep and you have mix up at least. more than what lao has. princess has a low starter and a KD overhead. and that new animation on d1 or d4 to check people. one rep into 21 its also legit. and that leave you plus 2 on block.
Block breakers are way too expensive, not worth it.

Reactions: STK

STK

Ive been messing with db2 wake up. Its so good. An armor launcher so good. I wish butt didnt knoc. So far away.

These are not good even if other characters have it. They need to get rid of all of them. These aren't frame traps they are block strings. Frame traps imply that you are at such a positive state that if they hit buttons your next attack beats there next attack. They however can do like ex dp or ex flash kick to counter the trap. What I've come to understand by listening to my friend who doesn't play MK, when he watches things like this on stream or the old Johnny Cage Fisticuffs he has a legit argument that this does not look good or entertaining. It looks derpy. They need to at least make block breaker 1 bar to escape. I don't mind frame traps but 31% block strings that is preposterous. This game has more potential to be the firstt real NRS fighting that people outside of the NRS community would respect. Things like this detract from it., however the majority of the patches are good at reaching that goal. Again, this is all my opinion.

Last edited:

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
These are not good even if other characters have it. They need to get rid of all of them. These aren't frame traps they are block strings. Frame traps imply that you are at such a positive state that if they hit buttons your next attack beats there next attack. They however can do like ex dp or ex flash kick to counter the trap. What I've come to understand by listening to my friend who doesn't play MK, when he watches things like this on stream or the old Johnny Cage Fisticuffs he has a legit argument that this does not look good or entertaining. It looks derpy. They need to at least make block breaker 1 bar to escape. I don't mind frame traps but 31% block strings that is preposterous. This game has more potential to be the firstt real NRS fighting that people outside of the NRS community would respect. Things like this detract from it., however the majority of the patches are good at reaching that goal. Again, this is all my opinion.
She needs 3 bars of meter in order to do 32%... I don't see anything wrong with it. Now if she had 50/50's to work with this... That would be dumb.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
False equivalency. This takes meter, fbcs did not.

Tanya has this in Kobu and it is super fun. I would test on all characters ducking because it might whiff on dome crouching hitboxes like Tanyas does.
For the record, I'm not salty about any of this (besides, the Mournful side of the Kitana forums are generally more level-headed), nor do I approve of Eddy's comment, but you can't use a breaker without stamina. And stamina does take significantly longer to recover from a run cancel. It probably does add up.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
For the record, I'm not salty about any of this (besides, the Mournful side of the Kitana forums are generally more level-headed), nor do I approve of Eddy's comment, but you can't use a breaker without stamina. And stamina does take significantly longer to recover from a run cancel. It probably does add up.
It doesnt take that long to recover though. And you also need meter for breaker lol.

She needs 3 bars of meter in order to do 32%... I don't see anything wrong with it. Now if she had 50/50's to work with this... That would be dumb.
I'm not saying she doesn't need buffs. I'm saying block strings that take off anything close to 10+ damage are just bad fighting game mechanics. Imagine watching a stream and someone got cornered by Kit with 3 bars and you had to just watch a block string chip someone to death. Now imagine you are watching a stream and you don't play MK, but games like street fighter, KOF, GG, or BB. These are things that they look at and say that shouldn't be in a game. It reasons like this they don't respect even top level MK players, whether they are valid or not is another argument. My friends do this and all I can tell them is, it's NRS and we laugh it off. They know they are right, and I do too. It doesn't make sense and it's not fundamental.

NRS is doing a good job with patching this game for the most part to make it more fundamental than any game they've made before. They still need to do some changes, but at least they are going in the right direction. MK players apply fighting game jargon to fit MK when in other games it's not how it works. This is not a frame trap. As I said I'm OK with a frame trap like Kotal's 57% or whatever. This is a blockstring and if you were to let go of block it would be even worse because it would be easy to confirm. Semantics aside, I'd rather see her buffed with a faster b2 and make pretty kick a string stater so you can confirm an opener. Give her jade's pole in neutral jump punch and see players win honestly than this. Essentially, I would argue buffs over this for any character who "needs it." Again, not trying to insult anyone, and this is just my opinion.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Kitana getting buffs is cool and all but it sucks that 16 bit cant compete
Who knows
In Dota2 scene (it's a very popular PC game created by Valve, in case you didn't know) a lot of pro players said they would retire after the biggest annual tournament for personal reason. Then 2 months later they suddenly created a new team and came back stronger. Possibly they found some kind of encouragement or they missed their glorious days. I'm a big fan of 16 bit in all games he plays and I really hope he will be beautiful and deadly again