What's new

Kitana's core issues and how the developers can overcome them.

Ah yes, Toxcity.

And you wonder why no one gave your thread the time of day.
5 reasons why that was a dumb response

• I didn't start that thread to earn good stars or any popularity (I'm beyond that nonsense). I posted it because it needed to be seen by folks who have the wrong idea on the character for the wrong reasons.
  • Virtually everyone in this thread has seen it and or responded to it (Including you evidently since you're acknowledging it.)
  • You were simply checked for giving an ill thought out opinion on her combos (Or lack there of) at mid screen and stated that she should only rely on the corner for big damage. I'd say the vast majority of any Kit main on any level would disagree with that one. Much less only high level.
  • The OP and multiple posters in here have acknowledged that they've used my post as a reference for certain things that I demonstrated need to be changed (Once again debunking your lame rebuttal).
  • You just suggested that a GW move should be -8 on block and with pushback (If Amp'd)... Whether that's the Wave or the Twister, I don't have to tell you why that's ill thought out to say the very least.
All in all, I highly doubt you'd be able to make any decent credible thread on anything high level related because you've proven you've got no idea what you're talking about. But keep crying Toxicity because someone checks you with facts.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
5 reasons why that was a dumb response

• I didn't start that thread to earn good stars or any popularity (I'm beyond that nonsense). I posted it because it needed to be seen by folks who have the wrong idea on the character for the wrong reasons.
  • Virtually everyone in this thread has seen it and or responded to it (Including you evidently since you're acknowledging it.)
  • You were simply checked for giving an ill thought out opinion on her combos (Or lack there of) at mid screen and stated that she should only rely on the corner for big damage. I'd say the vast majority of any Kit main on any level would disagree with that one. Much less only high level.
  • The OP and multiple posters in here have acknowledged that they've used my post as a reference for certain things that I demonstrated need to be changed (Once again debunking your lame rebuttal).
  • You just suggested that a GW move should be -8 on block and with pushback (If Amp'd)... Whether that's the Wave or the Twister, I don't have to tell you why that's ill thought out to say the very least.
All in all, I highly doubt you'd be able to make any decent credible thread on anything high level related because you've proven you've got no idea what you're talking about. But keep crying Toxicity because someone checks you with facts.
One reason why I'm not gonna bother finish reading that:

I don't care.

Thank you so much for the constructive feedback! A lot of questionable nerfs I have listed are because if she gets universal buffs, she also needs to be normalised in some other ways. And to answer your question on Reducing the recovery on her S12, I would suppose whiff? Also a question, how would you buff fanfare?
I figured, just wanted to make sure on the S12.

Well Fanfare needs her foundation buffed above all else (Her normals and the properties of those normals). But aside from that, the changes I'd make to that are:

• Royal Protection to be held to absorb multiple projectiles (or given an amplification option to do the same a la Erron Black Scud Shot)
  • Give Square Wave Projectile invulnerability (A la Kotal Tecuani Pounce)
  • Adjust the frame data in the menu to properly state that the Square Wave GW isn't able to be amplified on block
  • Adjust the Square Wave GW so that folks can't break away from it when hit by it (This caused the amplified version to whiff so they could get a full combo. This change would fix that to not let that happen)
  • Place the fan buff from Royal Protection back to the original time it had before (IT was shortened in the last update by 3 seconds)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Well Fanfare needs her foundation buffed above all else (Her normals and the properties of those normals)
This would help highborn above anything else, which is something NONE of us want. You don’t buff normals to help fan fare. Fan Fare needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
This would help highborn above anything else, which is something NONE of us want. You don’t buff normals to help fan fare. Fan Fare needs to be rebuilt from scratch.
THIS is why I requested Highborn nerfs. So she doesnt become stupid

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
THIS is why I requested Highborn nerfs. So she doesnt become stupid
Highborn shouldn’t get nerfed just to make the other 2 great tho. It’s not highborn fault NRS was shitty when designing Kitana.
3 great variations are a thing in this game. Look at Jacqui, Sindel, and Geras for example. All have 3 very viable variations.
Highborn should stay the same. Just take Fan Fare back to the drawing board and let fearless combo outside the corner

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Just take Fan Fare back to the drawing board and let fearless combo outside the corner.
Even if 1,2 and b+2,3,1 combo-ed into fan-nado, Highborn would still be a lot better. Fearless would be really good without a gap on EX low fan, but the lack of a gap would turn the move into EX rising star. I would gladly welcome this change, but NRS and most people in the community would probably not. LOL.

I also dislike the concept of spending a bar and still being punishable. Remember how many times Cassie's EX up glow kick was used pre-patch? Pay attention to how many times it is used now. Semiij almost never uses it outside of combos while Sonic Fox used it after every string pre-patch. While Cassie remains a good character because of her versatility, the balance of the EX up glow kick was mismanaged. The point is that I had rather take reduced push back on EX fan toss, and possibly more negative frames too, than keep the gap.

I agree with you about Fan-Fare. This variation sucks.

I am aware that many Kitana players dislike Highborn, but I do not foresee Fan-Fare and Fearless surpassing Highborn any time soon. The variation is simply too versatile.