What's new

Match-up Discussion Kitana vs Raiden Help

ipkis

DR
First of all im ipkis from dominican republic and you guys have a great community here. So to my point i really need advice against raiden, i saw osu 16 bit vs pl and is really hard to punish a good raiden teleport and i just want to hear your opinion about this matchup and sorry for my english.

Theme

Noob
Well, for me, I usually dont try to punish the teleport often. What I do is try and bait him into jumping and then throwing an airfan to catch him if he tries to jump after me. Usually if you are anticipating a teleport, you can reaction it with a grab or 112xcutter/encutter.

My friend plays a mean Raiden and he likes to cross me up right after the teleport, so if I whiff that grab, thats a free 40% combo punish for him, so usually Im not grabbing, but instead Im just baiting those jumps. I really have nothing else to say, since Raiden's teleport is damn near nonpunishable... especially online.

Unreal6S

XBL: Unreal6S
As a Raiden main I gotta say that this is a pretty tough matchup for Kitana, but I would just say airfans are brutal, and d1 works well at fucking up any of Raidens plans out of teleport

the trick whit ANY char vs raiden is to try to read the teleport if you jump back a moment before your opponent does the teleport you can punish it whit a combo on block if he blocks or if he tryed somehing a full punish

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
A great tool vs Raiden is to jump over him when he teleports. If dials in a b31 you can ex fan and cancel into f21~BnB whilst he's stuck whiffing his string. Obviously don't abuse it our you'll eat a NJP combo.

Credit to Konqrr for this advice.

ipkis

DR
thanks all of you for the answers, d1 is a force but this raiden is good he only use teleport when he really needs, some times i use d3 b2 air fan because he like to crossup

AngryWorm

Hitomi's Pet
I find d+1 is a really good option against Raiden. That's pretty well the only thing I can really contribute without potentially giving you misinformation.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sometimes the best move is to not do anything at all. Dance in and out of range of his b3 and if he presses one of his slow ass buttons, hit him with 21 into whatever you want. NEVER jump over a projectile, walk/dash forward and duck under them.

I punish teleport all the time with 21, but I know that sometimes my opponent is trying to jump out and just gets hit... I am not that gdlk at reactions lol

Jumping over Raiden when he starts attacking is really good because his normals are so slow. :ex Fan on the way down and you get a full combo. You can build some meter back and stay close if you use :ex Fan, jp~33~Cutter then get your safe jump blockstring.