What's new

Kitana videos

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
[MENTION=2760]Slips[/MENTION], I've been watching videos of you ans 16-bit for awhile now. Very entertaining lol ... I want to point out what 16-bit has told you several times about d1 and f21 are true. In order to jump out of the incoming d1 after blocking a f21, it all depends on when you let go of block. The same is true when punishing d1. You have to let go of block asap in order to get advantage. But really, after blocking f21, just block the d1 and punish it. Even if he does d1~cutter, your d1 or d4 will hit her out of whatever she tries.

Keep up the videos and podcasts, I look forward to this stuff when I get Internet access lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Slips isn't capable of rational thought when he's tearing about Kitana lol.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Yea I already know I have frames but I was trying to time a slide off a d1 and it wasn't happening. After getting blow up for 9x outta 10 I was just like 'fuck it, just jump' and got equally pissed when i couldn't do that either lol.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Here;s some Kitana matches from the recent TTT tournament on the 10th. Still waiting for the recordings with our commentary to come out then I'll post those.

Feedback would be appreciated.

Theme

Noob
At 2:12, Kongrr does a 50% no bar corner combo. Is that still possible with Kitana or was she patched? I've been in the practice lab for nearly 2 hours trying to pull it off, but each time, the airlift is not effective long enough for me to do anything. Its as if NRS nerfed the move itself big time, even EX doesnt work.

VIDA

Those long combos were affected bc the damage scaling on her fans in combos were fixed, meaning those long ass combos do slightly less damage. However the fan lift works fine, and you should have plenty of time to make Kit do a b2 like she does in the combo there.

Theme

Noob
Those long combos were affected bc the damage scaling on her fans in combos were fixed, meaning those long ass combos do slightly less damage. However the fan lift works fine, and you should have plenty of time to make Kit do a b2 like she does in the combo there.
Are you positive? When I do the airlift, the recovery on it is a lot. The opponent is only carried for .5 seconds it seems. I cannot do anything once I do the airlift because as soon as she finishes the recovery frames of it, the opponent already started dropping from it. It doesnt use the full duration of the move.

Edit*
Watching the combo again, I know for sure the airlift isnt working the way it is in the video. He clearly has enough time to do the b2, but I don't for some reason. Is it because the amount of hits or something? I even tried skipping 4 into fan, and tried 4airlift, but that still doesnt work. As soon as she recovered from the airlift, the opponent is already falling, unlike the video, where I -know and see- he has plenty of time. Can you attempt the combo, and confirm this is doable? Also, if still possible, can you confirm how much damage is done? If anything, I think I'll use a bar of meter for easier access to this kind of damage, since its much less frustrating. Thanks.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
[MENTION=6786]Theme[/MENTION] ,

Are you trying to use two fan lifts for some reason? that's the only way they will drop on recovery. b2 after fan lift is standard for kitana combos.

VIDA

Yeah u can even dash twice WITH the dash nerf before doing a b2 after fan lift. I think u mite be adding an AF or extra fanlift somewhere in there before 4~fan lift. The combo starts out as f2,1, NJP, 4~fan, 4~lift, b2~AF etc.

Theme

Noob
Yeah u can even dash twice WITH the dash nerf before doing a b2 after fan lift. I think u mite be adding an AF or extra fanlift somewhere in there before 4~fan lift. The combo starts out as f2,1, NJP, 4~fan, 4~lift, b2~AF etc.

Wow!!! Lol totally fail on my part guys. I was doing jump kick into air fan right after NJP LOL.. That was why. >_< Sorry!

VIDA

Wow!!! Lol totally fail on my part guys. I was doing jump kick into air fan right after NJP LOL.. That was why. >_< Sorry!
Np. It happens. Reminds me of when I was on this forum arguing over f3 as if it was f4 lol. Does f3 have any use other than MAYBE a block string gimmick btw lol.