What's new

Kitana videos

Hey, I main Kitana and I consider myself decent with her but I haven't seen any videos of her. I know watching tournament gameplay and skilled matches of Johnny Cage helped me play him alot better, but barely anybody plays Kitana so I haven't been able to find any competitive matches with people using her.

If anybody could link me to some good games involving Kitana, that would be great. If there aren't any, I would appreciate some tips on how to play with her since I'm not sure if what I'm doing is exactly right haha.

thanks. is that kick special move a good wakeup move for kitana? i suck pretty bad when i get pressured since i really dont know what to do when i get knocked down unlike when I use cage or sub and can just flipkick/slide on wakeup

DrDogg

Noob
thanks. is that kick special move a good wakeup move for kitana? i suck pretty bad when i get pressured since i really dont know what to do when i get knocked down unlike when I use cage or sub and can just flipkick/slide on wakeup
It's invincible on wake-up, so yes.

Dark Kobra

Hitbox™ Enthusiast
He certainly does and I really hope to see him win some tournaments with her as she is a great character and its great when you see excellent players unleash her potential. I'm sure that a lot of people on here will be inspired by him, like I am to learn her and become the best that we can be with her.

agreed, those combos are dirty as hell. i tried practicing them but i don't even know where to start lol. but i don't plan on playing on a competitive level so i think my 35% bnb should cut it lol

F2 1 NJP 4 DF1 dash 4 BB2 dash dash B2 DF1 dash DF1 dash 4 DF2 = 48%

The trick to doing 4 BB2 is to input the dash during the fan animation. Otherwise you get F4 or the fan whiffs.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
If you accidentally get a f4~fan instead of 4~fan after the njp, in order to continue the combo from there, you have to dash and do a 2~EX Fan Lift. That's the price you pay for not getting the right move.

If you accidentally get a f4~fan instead of 4~fan after the njp, in order to continue the combo from there, you have to dash and do a 2~EX Fan Lift. That's the price you pay for not getting the right move.
yeah i have tried practicing doing the njp after the f21 combo but i think thats above my level. the b2 after the f21 juggle is more reliable for me, especially when i play online

i dont know how to start any combos in the air though, and you were getting like 30% solely off a random air fan so i need to work on that now haha

yeah i have tried practicing doing the njp after the f21 combo but i think thats above my level. the b2 after the f21 juggle is more reliable for me, especially when i play online

i dont know how to start any combos in the air though, and you were getting like 30% solely off a random air fan so i need to work on that now haha
iAF -> dash -> st. Fan -> dash -> EX fan (hold) -> dash cancel -> st. Fan -> f2 (or 4 based on distance)->cutter. if your closer you can actually add more hits like 4~st. fan and stuff to make it deal a lot more.

honestly what you want to hit is a st. fan as anti-air shit deals 40% dmg where as breaking 32% of iAF is pretty hard or impossible without x-ray.

well i just spent like 30 minutes practicing the kitana combo, and i can get 46% starting with f21. using f2 before the upraise really helped me but i still only get it like half the time. i hate special moves that require bb lol

edit: i can do it pretty accurately and confidently now. i skip the neutral jump punch though, and get like 3 or 4 percent less damage because of it. so now its f21 - 4 - df1 - 4 - bb2 followed by the b2 df1 df1 f2 df2 combo. if anybody is having trouble pulling off the combo like i did i highly recommend skipping the njp because i think it makes the timing on the kicks more strict, and its not worth dropping the combo at 20% in an attempt to get 3% more damage

at least thats my opinion

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
well i just spent like 30 minutes practicing the kitana combo, and i can get 46% starting with f21. using f2 before the upraise really helped me but i still only get it like half the time. i hate special moves that require bb lol

edit: i can do it pretty accurately and confidently now. i skip the neutral jump punch though, and get like 3 or 4 percent less damage because of it. so now its f21 - 4 - df1 - 4 - bb2 followed by the b2 df1 df1 f2 df2 combo. if anybody is having trouble pulling off the combo like i did i highly recommend skipping the njp because i think it makes the timing on the kicks more strict, and its not worth dropping the combo at 20% in an attempt to get 3% more damage

at least thats my opinion
Have you tried piano inputting the NJP1/2 at all? I find it helped massively with its % of hitting.

EDIT: Ignore Just read it all. Still working on upping my BnBs too. :D

I find 4 to lift hard as shit... so instead I do

f2 1, njp,(dash) 4fan,(dash) f2 ex. lift.... blah blah blah. You'd be using 1 bar of super but your still dishing out damn near 50% of damage and its not as frustrating. I dont know how many times I've cursed konqrr's name trying and failing to do 4 lift after 4 fan...

I also really like the "f4 1, b33, lift" starter, I like to follow it up by throwing a few fans at a fool for some nice unbreakable damage

My buddy likes to play Jax, and when hes down and Im expecting a wakeup overhead punch, I stand right over him and whiff f4 into 1, b33, lift... I dont know if the 1 after the f4 beats any other wakeup attacks but its really effective against Jax

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
He certainly does and I really hope to see him win some tournaments with her as she is a great character and its great when you see excellent players unleash her potential. I'm sure that a lot of people on here will be inspired by him, like I am to learn her and become the best that we can be with her.
Konqrr is the reason I even bothered giving Kit a look in the first place...EXTREMELY glad I did. Has helped my play immensely playing her and using a shortened version of one of the bnb combos he posted.

I find 4 to lift hard as shit... so instead I do

f2 1, njp,(dash) 4fan,(dash) f2 ex. lift.... blah blah blah. You'd be using 1 bar of super but your still dishing out damn near 50% of damage and its not as frustrating. I dont know how many times I've cursed konqrr's name trying and failing to do 4 lift after 4 fan...

I also really like the "f4 1, b33, lift" starter, I like to follow it up by throwing a few fans at a fool for some nice unbreakable damage

My buddy likes to play Jax, and when hes down and Im expecting a wakeup overhead punch, I stand right over him and whiff f4 into 1, b33, lift... I dont know if the 1 after the f4 beats any other wakeup attacks but its really effective against Jax
yeah, i like to do f4 1, 1 1 lift, b2 fan etc. i got those combos down now i just need to get good at starting combos from air fans and kicks

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good stuff. Who is the guy holding the fan over your head? lol

Crazy Dominican ECT3 match vs Tom Brady:

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
lol the fan was so good. That was my pal Shinra Rate Hike. It was 100 degrees in that room. I'm a true Kitana player, using IRL fans to my advantage.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Grand Finals footage from the CCC tourney:

http://www.twitch.tv/s1lent1/b/291992597

Wrath (Kitana) vs Marvaz (Cage)

Marvaz has some fucking clutch moments. Wrath has some bad habits, but is overall pretty good. Now that the "d1~cutter" cat is out of the bag, his tactics won't be effective for long.

EDIT: Grand Finals footage from this last Thursday's Valley Stream Monster tournament:

http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/291839205

Crazy Dominican (Kitana) vs Classy Sasquatch (Kung Lao)

There are many more great matches in this archive, including vVv REO using Jade and CD Jr. using Rain! Check them out.

d1 ftw