What's new

Strategy Kitana rushdown help

G4S Ermacio

Orbs... Orbs everywhere
Hey guys im tryin to pick up Kitana as a secondary character, and i would like to play her half zoning and half rushdown but the thing is im not what to do with her rushdown as far as things like block strings any help wud be appreciated

McNasty

Moist.
For me and granted I just play her for fun her "rushdown" revolves around 212, 21 cutter, d1 cutter, d3 33(or throw), b12, and f2 into whatever.

Land cutter-jump in with 112 cutter rinse repeat start stepping back once theyre jumpy.

Throw cutters on the end of combos. Any landed cutter provides a free block string. Block strings I use are 112 to any special (mix it up), 21 to special, f31 to special, and f41. Be prepared to follow f41 up with a combo if if hits and remember it is an overhead. If f41 is blocked you can still throw a special after the 1. D1 to cutters is great for pressure. D3 is a good tool as well. If u r trying to rush in on your opponent from distance f21 has great range and is a launcher but you can be punished if the 1 whiffs. You can do f2 to special as well. But if you whif the f2 part u usually give your opponent the opportunity to pressure since your special doesn't take. Also, a quick dash in to 21 has great range and is somewhat safe if you whif. If you hit you can do 21 cutters and it is very effective. If you whif the 1 then the cutters are void but the 2 input from the cutters triggers the 3rd part of the combo and gets a good attack in anyway. It hits from almost sweep distance which seems to surprise people.