What's new

Kitana Matchup Discussion Thread

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Didn’t see this yet so I decided to create it.

Who does our princess struggle with?

Who does she annihilate?

What tactics do you use for either? Discuss here.

xWildx

I’ll start.

Honestly? Reiko gives me issues, and it’s classic Kitana problems. In footsies he outranges her with his ridiculous extended hitboxes.

In the zoning war, her projectiles don’t trade in her favor unless she spends meter, meanwhile his do consider pushback and chip on block while being difficult to jump over. The MU is bait and punish based, and ever so annoying.

VELL1

Noob
I’ll start.

Honestly? Reiko gives me issues, and it’s classic Kitana problems. In footsies he outranges her with his ridiculous extended hitboxes.

In the zoning war, her projectiles don’t trade in her favor unless she spends meter, meanwhile his do consider pushback and chip on block while being difficult to jump over. The MU is bait and punish based, and ever so annoying.
Can you not just do the flick and duck under his projectiles? I mean Reiko is strong, but I didn't have that many issues.

On the other hand Shang is just impossible to outzone and honestly I don't know what to do again him.

xWildx

Can you not just do the flick and duck under his projectiles? I mean Reiko is strong, but I didn't have that many issues.

On the other hand Shang is just impossible to outzone and honestly I don't know what to do again him.
It’s less the stars and more about the fact that he completely outfootsies her in neutral.

If a Reiko is just playing for the whiff punishes it feels difficult.

Hot_DNA

Noob
It’s less the stars and more about the fact that he completely outfootsies her in neutral.

If a Reiko is just playing for the whiff punishes it feels difficult.
I was just telling my homie that Reiko destroys me everytime I fight him

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I'm trying to stick it out with Sub as a Kameo because I find wind bomb combos to be pretty damn entertaining. With that being said, some mus seem like a grind if opponent is laming you out. Primarily Shang and Scorpion are tedious AF. The former requires a different kameo such as frost to reverse his bed of nails b.s or he's just going to get away with it all day, every day.

Think once the game gets fleshed out, she's going to require 3-4 different kameoa based off mus*.

I'm not using Cyrax.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
I’ll start.

Think it's her worst matchup by far. Sub Kameo offers little support in way of armor and getting in. Maybe Motaro or Lao can be a better kameo in this matchup with turret assist/Low hat and teleport assists? Need to experiment, because the old crotch rot crab walk into slow death sure tf isn't working.

John_NX

Your circumstances are dire!
Which matchups are you all struggling with?

I personally highly dislike Havik, and Shao so far.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
Which matchups are you all struggling with?

I personally highly dislike Havik, and Shao so far.
Fr. Havik because whenever I try to upblock that arm tear off move it never works. But that’s my fault for looking at YT and not labbing myself lol. I honestly just don’t have a clue on what to do against him.