What's new

Kitana Kombos

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Will update this post with more detail over time. Also havent done combo notations in ages so if anyone has feedback on that, let me know.

Notations
d: down
f: forward
b: back
u: up
J: jumping (aerial) normal / string
K: "kameo" button
1: X / Square
2: Y / Triangle
3: A / Cross
4: B / Circle
xx: special cancel
(#): dial-a-combo input that's required to get the full string but where the string needs to be special canceled before. Yay Kitana getting these annoying strings again...
"Kameo stun": kameo assists with stun states such as Frost freeze, Sub freeze, Sareena double projectiles, etc.
"Kameo launch": kameo assists that launch such as Kung Lao spin, Goro toss, etc.

Base Kit BnBs
241(2) xx db1, delayed J2, b24 xx df2
b24 xx db1, J2, J11 xx db1
1 xx db1, delayed J2, b24 xx df2

Sub-Zero - BnBs
241(2) xx fK, bdf4f, f12 xx bf1, delayed J2, microdash 4 xx db1, J112
412.60 dmg, meterless, 1 kameo bar

b24 xx fK, bdf4, 4, delayed J2, microdash 4 xx db1, delayed J112
368.48 dmg, mid starter, meterless, 1 kameo bar

11 xx fK, bdf4u, microdash 4f3(3) xx bf1, delayed J2, microdash 4 xx db1, J112
375.24 dmg, 7f starter, meterless, 1 kameo bar

f12 xx fK, bdf4f, f12 xx bf1, delayed J2, microdash 4 xx db1, J112
409.91 dmg, mid starter, meterless, 1 kameo bar

Sub-Zero - Full Screen Bomb Resets (good for resetting to zoning for certain matchups)
241(2) xx fK, bdf4f, f12 xx bf1, delayed J2, microdash 4f3(3) xx db1f, bdf4u, db3f
369.77 dmg + 33.75 chip [403.52 total], meterless, 1 kameo bar, leaves full screen
Note: don't use db3f if the opponent is using an armored teleport as a wakeup (such as Mileena)

b24 xx fK, bdf4, 4, delayed J2, microdash 4f3(3) xx db1f, bdf4u, db3f
300.30 dmg + 33.75 chip [334.05 total], mid starter, meterless, 1 kameo bar, leaves full screen
Note: don't use db3f if the opponent is using an armored teleport as a wakeup (such as Mileena)

11 xx fK, bdf4u, microdash 4f3(3) xx bf1, delayed J2, microdash 4f33 xx db1f, bdf4u, db3f
330.15 dmg + 33.75 chip [363.90 total], 7f starter, meterless, 1 kameo bar, leaves full screen

Sub-Zero's "Iced Out" (f+k freeze) allows for Wind Bomb usage in combos due to how long it freezes.

Note 1: for delayed J2s to get a grounded string after, the jump itself isnt delayed. The J2 is the delayed input. I.e., you jump immediately after doing fan lift and do J2 as you're on your jump's downward arc. This allows you to land in time for things like b24xxdf2.

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Updated my post because I found a better (and WAY more consistent) freeze -> wind bomb combo off 11. Doing far bomb into b24 would randomly just not work so I've been wracking my brain to find a better route.. and now I not only have, but I've found one that does MORE damage.

Kitana can meterlessly (with 1 kameo bar via Sub-Zero) get 37% damage off her 7f jab while also getting half a stage's worth of corner carry. This also leaves her extremely plus on the knockdown as her J112 is stupidly advantageous. Outside the corner, this puts you about 1/2 screen away to do with as you wish.

Adding the notation here for those who care for it (though again, it's in the post above). It can also very easily be ended early with 43(3) xx Fan Lift instead of 4 xx Fan Lift, J112 to instead do a very far Wind Bomb into far Fancy Flick for a reset to full screen into 33.75 chip as with any other combos like this.

11 xx fK, bdf4u, microdash 4f3(3) xx bf1, delayed J2, microdash 4 xx db1, J112
11 xx Sub Freeze, very far Wind Bomb, microdash 4f3(3) xx Fan Toss, delayed J2, microdash 4 xx Fan Lift, J112

Last edited:

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
anyone have a scorpion kameo bnb video? i know Dragon is using scorpion kameo for the extra damage. i want to practice some scorpion bnbs but need to know what they are

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I want to play this team, but I'm having a hard time connecting anything off the Jax grab for her combos. The timing either feels strict or I'm not able to really move because it feels stuck after I input B2 to cancel out Jax. If anyone can help, it's much appreciated.

Edit: I just figured it out. It was my timing with the Dp special. Still anymore tips or ideas appreciated.

Last edited:

vcuzzo23

Looking for the MAWWPP Bucket!
What are your guys go to Bnbs for the Corner with her?? I been going with:
--- 2412 DB1 DB1B 4 DB1B 4 DB1B 11 db1b..
--- b24 db1b db1b 4 db1b 11 db1b.

They are kinda difficult to hit online though.

Those are my two go to Bnb but looking to see if you guys got anything else? I was looking mostly into meterless and meter combos to keep it universal for all of us to refer to. I know we all use different kameos.

Last edited:

kostikla

Noob

Those are my two go to Bnb but looking to see if you guys got anything else? I was looking mostly into meterless and meter combos to keep it universal for all of us to refer to. I know we all use different kameos.
I’ve been using

2412~DB1B (delayed) J4 4~DB1B 4~DB1B 11~DB1B for roughly 388 damage. Pretty easy to lab and to adjust if things go south and I mess it up

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium

I've found doing [non-B24 starter] xx db1, j11 xx db1b, 4 xx db1b, 11 xx db1b is more consistent to do online than the full standing combo in the corner off any non-B24 starter. It also gives a teensy bit more damage at 397.35 instead of 395.80 off 2412. The j11 version of the combo feels considerably more lenient on timing things to me so definitely my preference. Just remember to do the j11 on your way up as soon as you can instead of waiting to the top of your jump arc.

B24 is always gunna be the standing combo though so same here as what you put. Main trick on this one is needing to wait a tiny moment after the second db1b before doing 4 xx db1b or else the lift will miss.

For meter combos, I really don't see a point as Kitana unless you're trying to end off a round with unbreakable damage. Her scaling goes out of wack REALLY quickly when you start stacking lifting stun states so you're often spending a bar to get 2-3% additional damage at most. I'd rather have that meter for armor, breaker, or Fancy Flick / Fan Toss amp block gimmicks.