What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Btw with anyone using a kameo that has an ambush, I highly recommend 43(3) xx db2 as a fantastic escape tool on block. 4 has 12 frames of startup which isn't great, but this acts as a great way to side swap and get the hell out of dodge option in the corner. I only recommend it if using a kameo with an ambush (like Goro) for safety or using in extremely rare cases if you don't have that available to guarantee safety because Square Wave has a TON of recovery in this game.

DavesHotnJuicy

jmack_215
Btw with anyone using a kameo that has an ambush, I highly recommend 43(3) xx db2 as a fantastic escape tool on block. 4 has 12 frames of startup which isn't great, but this acts as a great way to side swap and get the hell out of dodge option in the corner. I only recommend it if using a kameo with an ambush (like Goro) for safety or using in extremely rare cases if you don't have that available to guarantee safety because Square Wave has a TON of recovery in this game.
Can you make a video demonstrating

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Can you make a video demonstrating
Out of pocket this afternoon, but will tonight (if my shitty memory reminds me). Main thing is that 4f3(3) puts Kitana into the air alongside having a bit of knockback on block before she lands, making Square Wave start higher and go over the opponent's head which leaves you most of the screen away on the other side as Square Wave doesnt hit them.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Goro and Kitana are so fun together jfc.

Any other kameos worth checking out? I saw KP using Stryker for the zoning game

Hot_DNA

Noob
I'm sorry b2 is a horrible button.. I make the right read 90% of the time but the active or start up frames are so bad and I end it getting hit

VELL1

Noob
So, what can we do to combo from DF1?

I feel like it's a pretty neat thing to have, but outside of a corner I don't think it's possible with Sonya.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Is it? Its not a true blockstring, they can armor through it. If you dont spend meter, the fan disappears. Its not bad, but you cant overuse it.
Yeah, B2 fancy flick is super good, and if they can't armor, you're usually out of range

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
So like, what's her deal? What kind of character is she?
An ok stagger character with literally no 50/50s (don't anyone chime in saying "4f334 is an overhead!" like it matters), good zoning just by sheer options available, and stupid damage potential off every touch with 0 meter involved. Kitana is guaranteed to remove 25-40% of your life off every stray touch meterlessly if she hit confirms appropriately so I've found her best as a neutral-heavy defensive character that capitalizes well off conditioning people and frustrating them into making mistakes. I understand that sounds whatever in a game where everyone does tons of damage, but Kitana doing it meterlessly at all times means she's able to dump meter into weird pressure options and breakers constantly. Also, her sweep is one of the dumbest buttons in this game and I will continue to piss everyone on PC Kombat League off with it.

TL;DR: character that relies heavily on good fundamentals and will shred the opponent's life bar meterlessly.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
So like, what's her deal? What kind of character is she?
I feel like she’s super dependent on a kameo. It’s kind of a double edged sword. One the positive side, she can have so many different play-styles based on who you’re using. For example, Goro gives her great pressure with his plus frames, combo extenders, a 50/50 with b3 Unblockable setups with stomp/fan trap. Sub turns her to a strong zoner who can’t be zoned, while also boosting her damage and giving her setups with fan trap. Scorpion turns her into a damaging hit and run character

On the negative side of things, it kinda means she has no identity. Personally, I don’t feel like she does anything worth while by herself. Yea she does damage, but so does everyone else. She has NO overhead (I cannot understand why they took it away from her), so she has to rely heavily on her staggers, which she’s good at, but again, a lot of characters have great staggers. Her zoning is good tho, I’ll give her that

Basically, she’s a character who relies on a kameo, but she benefits from quite a few. Without a Kameo, she’s basic af.