What's new

Kitana General Discussion

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
sry meant 38 if I’m not mistaken. 3f444 df2 scorpion far fireball assist, 4, fan lift, and then her air combo I think it’s 122. You can do it off 2312 starter as well.
I forget you can do ambush assists at literally any time, including off pirouette. Too used to using only Frost.

Appreciate the info

Elias6999

Mournful Master
where do you get the Plus from? her 1 is -5 and her 11 is -7 I believe. Overall her strings seem to be really bad again, just like in 11. Maybe I am wrong, its early
I’ve been using it as if it’s plus this whole time then lol. I guess it still works as a stagger (without following up 11) if you mix it with 112.

i think she’s pretty good this game. Her strings are WAY better than 11 lol

VELL1

Noob
I feel if a cameo can't make her 112 turn into a combo, it's not a good cameo for her. I've been using Sonya so far, it's about 330 for her 112 with one cameo and 360 for her 24. But I don't use much of her cameo outside of her combos.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Annoying things to get used to as Kitana:
  1. Aerial fan does not move you backwards. Trying mixups of blocked jump-ins into aerial fan is a death sentence. Will take ages to remove this muscle memory
  2. Pirouette is negative on hit as an ender to most combos after lots of juggling. Great damage option but you generally lose your turn in the corner. Don't do it.
  3. No fan combos. Seems NRS has decided this isn't a thing anymore. Interesting they made Fan Lift a projectile on its own though.
  4. Up fans go away when you get hit unless amplified. They also loop back a bit at the end of their arc. Just all around a weird move. Adore how ridiculously low it puts Kitana to the ground, though.
  5. Square Wave is probably the worst charge attack in the game for recovery. Don't do this for movement unless you've got some ambush set up for safety.
  6. Combo scaling is a bit wonky. It's generally much better to keep combos short and sweet. Haven't found a good use for J21 ever because of this. Also means her combo structure is rather boring without kameo input.
  7. The gigantic range of most D4s means there's minimal opportunity to stagger into backdash. You'll likely just get caught.
Note that none of this is me complaining about her balance state. In a whiny mood at the moment and these are just weird parts of her kit that have pretty consistently annoyed me.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Frost has been fun to utilize, but I think I'll be dropping her starting tomorrow. Having 0 ambush assists is looking to be a deal breaker as it means no combos off 112 and no complementary screen coverage while zoning. Got all the kameos unlocked as of tonight so will peruse while labbing tomorrow.

Thinking maybe Scorpion and Sonya to start out. Will go from there.
Try out sub as well. His freeze last longer than frost so you get stuff like 2412, freeze, BDF4F (far), F12, BF1 (hits into wind trap), J2, dash 4, DB1, J112 for 41%. He also let's you reset into wind trap oki off of anything w/ freeze. Ice armor nullifies sareena knife assist and counter zoning.

Last edited:

Hot_DNA

Noob
I have been using Sareena as a kameo but I'm thinking Motaro or Sektor will be better.. Zoning with Motaro is annoying af especially wit the tele.. I tried Goro for like 5 mins but I wasnt getting the hang of it lol I could not get his kameo to combo off of 112...

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Try out sub as well. His freeze last longer than frost so you get stuff like 2412, freeze, BDF4F (far), F12, BF1 (hits into wind trap), J2, dash 4, DB1, J112 for 41%. He also let's you reset into wind trap oki off of anything w/ freeze. Ice armor nullifies sareena knife assist and counter zoning.
Yeah, I've been using Sub now. Did a stint with Goro for a day or so and liked it, but Kitana needs wakeup safety so shoulder charge is where it's at for me atm. Especially in a game with yet another cancerous fucking pressure Johnny to deal with.

DYNA$TY

Edenia lives!
Yeah, I've been using Sub now. Did a stint with Goro for a day or so and liked it, but Kitana needs wakeup safety so shoulder charge is where it's at for me atm. Especially in a game with yet another cancerous fucking pressure Johnny to deal with.
Wait, charge has iframes on wakeup?

I have been using Sareena as a kameo but I'm thinking Motaro or Sektor will be better.. Zoning with Motaro is annoying af especially wit the tele.. I tried Goro for like 5 mins but I wasnt getting the hang of it lol I could not get his kameo to combo off of 112...
You have to use Down Kameo to get the combo with Goro off 112. It puts him just out front of Kitana, short of jump distance. It's honestly the easiest kameo to combo off of the ones I've tried so far.

For the record: Me = bad at the game. So if I can do it, you guys definitely can.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I’ve been meaning to experiment with Sub, but I’m just so in love with Goro that I have a hard timing playing with anything else, lol. Maybe I’ll dabble in it for specific matchups, make Sindel’s life even worse.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
If you call horizontal Cyrax and then b4, Cyrax will pick them up and launch them back towards you for a full kombo.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Sub Zero and Goro seem to be her strongest Kameos first impression wise. How we feeling about Stryker though?

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
What is everyone using her meter on mainly?

She definitely does not seem to need much meter to be more threatening. Characters like Li Mei are fairly dependent on it - luckily she builds it fast.