What's new

KItana confirmed on the Kombat Kast this week and her Bio! - Official Press Release

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
You wanna see her.
I wanna ser her father :mad:
Dang, King Jerrod would be some pretty incredible DLC, I must admit. The avenues to make it happen in the lore are there, either through Ermac's dissolution or time bullshit ... a brand new character that's existed in the lore for so long suddenly appearing in the flesh would be super hype, right?

That's totally who you mean, yeah....? :p

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Pretty sure she was a cgi model.
narrr... I do not think so. I mean the bit with her jumping all over the place was.. that is how special effects work. RDJ dosen't fly about on wires.. they just CG a verison of him as IronMan... BUT that close up of her just before she charges and the boddy shot befre the jump.. that is a woman in costume.... See tthe start with Scorpion.. that is a man in costume as well.

I would be astounded if that is how it looks in the game.. I simply do not believe it. Just do not get your expectations to high.

PoloExpress

The Luckiest Unlucky player you'll ever meet.
I want to be Frost so bad but I have a feeling they won't reveal her at all, making the next Kombat Kast be all about D'vorah, Kitana and Cetrion, along with Shao Kahn next week
Cetrion already had her breakdown last week. 16bit did it with Game Informer in an exclusive video.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
They've already confirmed that Cetrion will also be appearing on the Kast. GI is also going to have breakdowns of D'Vorah and Erron Black later on, and they're obviously not being spared the Kast either.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
That’s cool but wasn’t it obvious? Lol.. D’Vorah, Kitana and frost are the only ones left aren’t they? The last week will probably be Kahn and the Kombat Pack.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Frost is going to be secret unlockable because noone knows about her!!!! How can she be on the Kast?
That's the point, it'll be a Frost reveal. That's....sorta how reveals are supposed to work.

It's gonna be exactly like last week.

2 Characters we knew of already (Erron & Noob / Kitana & D'Vorah) and then a character reveal (Kollector / Frost). Watch the title be 'Kitana, D'Vorah and ???" If they're going to show Cetrion they'd tell us beforehand because that wouldn't be a reveal or anything to keep secret. It might be Cetrion, but we'll have to wait and keep an eye out in case they tell us or give any hints.

Cetrion already had her breakdown last week. 16bit did it with Game Informer in an exclusive video.
Tyler confirmed that she's going to be in a Kombat Kast. Erron Black and D'Vorah are Game Informer exclusives too and they're still being shown off on KKs.

Um.... am I missing somthing... but the girl in the trailer IS a woman.... as in a girl wearing CosPlay... that wasn't game footage.... was it? It was live action with CG effects....like I dunno... Capitan Marvel.
No that's definitely just really good CGI. Just like the first MK reveal trailer with Scorpion and Raiden.

if thats how she looks like in the game, best looking character by far
she has hate in her eyes and i'm obsessed with this video

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It's obviously not in-engine stuff, anyone can tell that much
exactly... but read the thread... not exactly "anyone".... many people in this thread think that is how she looks in the game.

I just want people to be clear that this AIN'T in game and isn't a reprsentation of how she looks in game. unless they shot the add and THEN made the head model so it looked like the actress.

It's obviously not in-engine stuff, anyone can tell that much, but that stuff's well within the realm of pre-rendered CGI.
Right, obviously that's not how she's going to look in the game.

They're specifically made CGI characters for this advertisement.

exactly... but read the thread... not exactly "anyone".... many people in this thread think that is how she looks in the game.

I just want people to be clear that this AIN'T in game and isn't a reprsentation of how she looks in game. unless they shot the add and THEN made the head model so it looked like the actress.
No, i don't think anyone thinks that's how the "actual character model'' is going to look in the game, but it's going to be the same design/aesthetic, which is what people are reacting to.

PoloExpress

Tyler confirmed that she's going to be in a Kombat Kast. Erron Black and D'Vorah are Game Informer exclusives too and they're still being shown off on KKs.
Seriously? So technically a repeat Cetrion breakdown, following D’Vorah and Frost
(Assuming there’s no other surprises)

Not bad tbh, I kinda just wish they wouldn’t fly through special moves and custom variations as they’ve done with the past two streams

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Um.... am I missing somthing... but the girl in the trailer IS a woman.... as in a girl wearing CosPlay... that wasn't game footage.... was it? It was live action with CG effects....like I dunno... Capitan Marvel.
MK11 uses photogrammetry image capture technique, so, the woman in the trailer sure is the real model they used to model/design Kitana in the game, so .... ;)

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069
MK11 uses photogrammetry image capture technique, so, the woman in the trailer sure is the real model they used to model/design Kitana in the game, so .... ;)
hey uh... how do you know that? are you maybe the acteress who uh plays catana in the trailer huh?

PoloExpress

I'm guessing that after this week we're getting two more streams, so what is left for them to show us?:

HYPE AF Shao Kahn showcase stream
DLC Skins and gear (like those international ones)
The Krypt

We should be getting fost, kitana, and d'vorah this week. I think that's it for the base roaster that we know of, right?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
See that fight scene?

People want another live action movie but fuck that, that’s terrible.

Give us a high quality animated movie like that, where you don’t have to adhere to the limits of realism or toning shit down.

It would also allow them to stick to canon instead of making a separate move canon that has a bunch of dumb shit in it like the old movies and MK Legacy.

I could potentially see them doing Cetrion with Shao Khan given Shao's history with the elder gods. I think this KK all hinges on if Frost is gonna be revealed before the game comes out or if they want to keep her a "secret".