What's new

Tech - Assassin Kitana Assassin Strike Set Up

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
Kitana assassin Wake up set up(1):

So I don't know how useful this will be but it looks cool so I'm posting it.

The goal of this set up is to confuse your opponent and mess up their wake up inputs. They can't tech roll and for some reason AS has no recovery but yeah for this to work you have to end in two iafs.

As the kitty player you will always end up on the opposite side but to stay on the same side just tap back and you be on the same side. Once they stop waling up I like to do "mix ups" off this such as iaFloat,b3,Grab,X-ray.

Again idk how useful this is, but what do y'all think

@GGA 16 Bit @xKhaoTik @SonicFox5000 @RunwayMafia @Konqrr @xWildx @Mr. Mileena @Espio @YOMI Trepound380 @Kitana Prime @Hollywood DMS @DarksydeDash

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Will definitely play around with this. I've been wanting to spice up my Kitana with some Assassin as it is.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
You can also still get a safe sharpen after the two iafs. I was doing it earlier today, along with this as well. It seemed like a mindfuck against my opponents lol

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
You can also still get a safe sharpen after the two iafs. I was doing it earlier today, along with this as well. It seemed like a mindfuck against my opponents lol
Seems that this variation is really all about mind games, especially with parry.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
I have a similar set up for mileena and I didn't get this much positive feed back .. smh -_-

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is awesome.

Holding parry on wakeup until just after the wakeup window elapses is great against most characters (not sub/reptile or other low attack specials). This beats wakeups and you let go right after the wakeup window and you can pressure if they do a short or long delay.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Wow I wish I had read this thread earlier. Time for some more ass...assin training

Holding parry on wakeup until just after the wakeup window elapses is great against most characters
Well this doesn't work well in Kitana mirror....her rising blade is an armored LAUNCHER that doesn't care about parry
For some reasons, Kitana's ass in RS, staff grab in mournful and throat slice ignore parry too (because she's considered air borne while doing those moves?).