What's new

Khrome character Push Thread

The thing is I didn't come up with liquid metal concept, it was a community suggestion back at MKO when the Khrome statue was released publicly. The only thing I did was be the first one to draw Khrome in the way I saw fit, which was a white ninja because MK doesn't have one yet.

Didn't know. You should have stated that from the beginning!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I...honestly could see Chrome working. We haven't had a T-1000 character yet in MK and if Ed Boon went in on this the way he did with Ermac to create something out of odd accidental things it'd be cool by me. I know I'd like a character who could shape shift body parts into blades , shields, or hammers...or who could mirror projectiles back at folks :D

Plus...it could be MK's very own Dhalsim stretch character. Imagine giant chrome liquid serpent arms flying out to grab or strike you from afar. It'd be great.

Visually there is a lot of potential here. Hope someone at Nether Realm has their imagination sparked by this.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
No, because that fan on MKO is the one who came up with the idea.

Unless NRS comes up with the liquid metal idea COMPLETELY WITHIN THE COMPANY it will never happen. So actually you constantly talking about it is making it less likely to actually happen.
It was an error that came from the production of a Smoke statue that the character came from.

Smoothies/hankypanky1/noobsmoke_mk took the idea and ran with it.
----------
Wait...

Nvm.. misread. Lol

khrome

Master of The Universe
No, because that fan on MKO is the one who came up with the idea.

Unless NRS comes up with the liquid metal idea COMPLETELY WITHIN THE COMPANY it will never happen. So actually you constantly talking about it is making it less likely to actually happen.
A user came up with the idea he should be like the T1000 from The Terminator. I came up with the idea he should be like the T1001 character, which is more advanced than the first. Why can't NRS make a T1002 character, which is more advanced than the other two. NRS would give him more abilities so he should be more advanced that the other two. Can't NRS do it this way?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
A user came up with the idea he should be like the T1000 from The Terminator. I came up with the idea he should be like the T1001 character, which is more advanced than the first. Why can't NRS make a T1002 character, which is more advanced than the other two. NRS would give him more abilities so he should be more advanced that the other two. Can't NRS do it this way?
No. If they made any kind of liquid metal ninja the fan would be able to sue(he probably wouldnt but they wouldnt risk it).

Its a cool idea but if I had to guess I would say they have the finalized roster already, they just like to keep it a secret so they can reveal everything. If they were to put in a liquid metal ninja it would have to be the next MK(unless they thought of that idea before anyone) and even then they could run into legal issues.

khrome

Master of The Universe
No. If they made any kind of liquid metal ninja the fan would be able to sue(he probably wouldnt but they wouldnt risk it).

Its a cool idea but if I had to guess I would say they have the finalized roster already, they just like to keep it a secret so they can reveal everything. If they were to put in a liquid metal ninja it would have to be the next MK(unless they thought of that idea before anyone) and even then they could run into legal issues.
The person with the original idea needs to patent the idea for it to be copyrighted otherwise NRS can make a liquid metal ninja.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
As long as he/her doesn't come before these 3, which clearly needs developement, be playable and already exists, and some of us have been waiting for them since 2002:

Ooops, forgot this guys too:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
But the original idea originated from a Smoke statue mishap. The company that made 'Khrome' statue gave it to Ed Boon. Our ideas started off from the statue.
You should have put that into the original post then instead of implying it was your idea. Regardless the only thing they would do is make the Khrome statue a character, which would be boring considering it is just a palette swap.

khrome

Master of The Universe
You should have put that into the original post then instead of implying it was your idea. Regardless the only thing they would do is make the Khrome statue a character, which would be boring considering it is just a palette swap.
How exactly did Ermac come about, I want to know the ins and out of the whole story, I know he started from a glitch.

khrome

Master of The Universe
I just thought of this...Khrome's 3 variations could be

1. Male Khrome

2. Female Khrome

3. Shapeshifting Khrome like Shang Tsung, but Khrome can shapeshift into more characters than Shang Tsung could. Say I choose Shaeshifting Khrome, then I can choose 1, 2 or 3 so that each time I shapeshift into another character it will always be the variation I chose. So basically it's a variation of a variation.

Last edited:

Subby Z

Noob
I just thought of this...Khrome's 3 variations could be

1. Male Khrome

2. Female Khrome

3. Shapeshifting Khrome like Shang Tsung, but Khrome can shapeshift into more than Shang Tsung could.
Smoothies are you hankypanky?

This is bad because 1. We already have cyborgs so and plenty of em (cyrax, sektor, smoke, sub-zero, kano, jax, kabal) . We don't need another metal based character.

2. He's not even really a white ninja, just a lighter shade of grey or silver. Jesus Christ. Scorpion wore gold in some games. Should we make an all new gold ninja? How about Red since Ermac is more burnt orange. What about teal blue?

3. As my point above proves, we need no more pallet swaps. As if Tremor isn't brought up enough on a daily basis now we get this shit.

Stop trying to make Khrome happen. It's not going to happen.

khrome

Master of The Universe
Smoothies are you hankypanky?

This is bad because 1. We already have cyborgs so and plenty of em (cyrax, sektor, smoke, sub-zero, kano, jax, kabal) . We don't need another metal based character.

2. He's not even really a white ninja, just a lighter shade of grey or silver. Jesus Christ. Scorpion wore gold in some games. Should we make an all new gold ninja? How about Red since Ermac is more burnt orange. What about teal blue?

3. As my point above proves, we need no more pallet swaps. As if Tremor isn't brought up enough on a daily basis now we get this shit.

Stop trying to make Khrome happen. It's not going to happen.
Noone can manipulate metal in MK. Oh Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Sub-Zero is made of metal??? Khrome is like T1000 and T1001 Terminator. Go through the whole thread, all the videos and pictures I cared to share. It won't make you look ignorant if you know more about the concept. I've also updated my previous post.

Last edited:

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Who says the character HAS to be a "palette swap"? What if they just give the power to a completely new character? Tremor and Khrome are actually pretty neat as far as powers go. If its the outfit that bothers someone I'm sure they'll have an alt. I'm thinking about it from the power potential, not what the character looks like.

khrome

Master of The Universe
Who says the character HAS to be a "palette swap"? What if they just give the power to a completely new character? Tremor and Khrome are actually pretty neat as far as powers go. If its the outfit that bothers someone I'm sure they'll have an alt. I'm thinking about it from the power potential, not what the character looks like.
Khrome needs to blend in like Martian Manhunter. Looking like SIlver Surfer wouldn't fit because Silver Surfer travels on a surfboard. MK is about ninjas so it makes sense to make him one, right?

Maasik

Noob
Funny how quick people on here are to shit on anything that's "outside the box" or away from the norm..

I think it's an interesting idea. A ninja who can use his limbs as weapons, literally.. and maybe could have some kind of defense buffing move implemented because of his armor-esque skin.

Also I don't see why Khrome being "another palette swap" is so terrible. Especially considering how many fan boys characters like Ermac, Reptile, Noob, Tremor, etc. have accumulated while they are themselves.. palette swaps (or at least started out as such).

The "I'd rather have ______ instead" argument is also moot.. because all mentioned would be returning characters, while Khrome would be a new character. So what's with all the negativity? Why not support people trying to give to the community with new ideas instead of tearing them down?..