What's new

Kharacter Krisis

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
I currently play Reptile, but I seem to have trouble using him effectively. I am new to playing fighting games as far as fundamentals go, and have read the guide posted by Tom Brady several times. I put plenty of time into practice mode with him, and see my results pay off but I kind of feel like he is more geared towards Intermediate to Expert fighting game players. I really like the character, but I feel at this moment he might not be for me, and in my opinion he feels very setup heavy, and high risk low reward.

Has anyone ever felt this way about a character before, and what did you do to deal with this dilemma. Do you think the character would not be recommended for someone with my skill level, at least right now?

I felt the same with Takeda, really wanted to like him even pre-launch but struggled with him day 2. After randomly trying out Jax I instantly felt at home. Even though I can't do half of what he's capable of I'm willing to stick it out learn as much as my fingers and brain can manage.

This is my 1st real fighter also.

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
I felt the same with Takeda, really wanted to like him even pre-launch but struggled with him day 2. After randomly trying out Jax I instantly felt at home. Even though I can't do half of what he's capable of I'm willing to stick it out learn as much as my fingers and brain can manage.

This is my 1st real fighter also.
Takeda did look interesting. Good luck with Jax and MKX. Hopefully you can find some help on the forums.

I main Liu Kang, I thought he was awesome when they first showed him off. Plus he complements my playstyle of rushdown with the ability to zone too. I also play Kano, he's also fun and quite strong. But i'm suuuuper hype for Jason, gonna take him in the lab and not come out till I'm da bes :16Bit