What's new

Khaos Reigns Story Trailer - NOW LIVE!

Scott Naylor

Comments

fuck yeah, Sektor gameplay looks pretty damn cool and good ! Also that fatality was a truly homage to MCU Iron Man, lol ! :laughing:

Looks very cool! Excited for the new variants of stages - and new kameo moves as well!

Hope this comes with lots of (unique) new skins as well.

Sektor looks pretty meh stylistic wise, but I think that's kinda Sektor in general, he/she is just a cyborg/cyber suit with a projectiles and a flamethrower so nothing spectacular. Was hoping the new era would change that, maybe more interesting flame thrower action or completely new cyber suit tools, but looks like not really so far, mostly just rocket boot stuff.

Is it just me or are they pulling the old MKX trailer trick where they speed up the gameplay footage? The game looks faster in this trailer, and its not just Sektor because we've seen her strings before in the other teasers

The Iron Man reference was the only thing I didn't like about the fatality.
The Fatal Blow I loved, but I've always loved the rapid, multi-hit Xrays like Jacqui and Liu Kang had in X
That's fair. I did get a really big Iron Man/MCU vibe from the fatality for sure. I was like, "...I've seen this somewhere before." lololol

I don't dislike multi-hitting FBs/Xrays, it's just it was so bland! But how do you make a multi-hitting FB not bland, right? I guess I can't be too hard on that when I look at it like that.

Either way, the fatality was dogshit in comparison. xD

I feel like cyrax is a LOT closer gameplay wise to their original design that sektor?

Sektor has mostly been about good projectiles and mid/fullscreen conversions with really long buttons.

NuSektor seems to have flight as a major part of her kit, and another "in there" character, and the fatal blow is just lame and bland in comparison to even kameo Sektor's fatal blow?

I think they nailed cyrax, but I'm not feeling Sektor in the slightest so far.

Edit-

Ehhh the buttons/range stuff might be there and just hidden in their need to mostly show off combos, but like...watching sektor get a fullscreen knockdown and then dash in repeatedly feels wrong. Hoping it's just trailer.

Oh also it's fucking WEIRD that given bihan is one of the only 100% bad guys in the story right now that they seem to want to go the "must save bi han/must be loyal" route? It's...acting like he isn't an unrepentant asshole for the entire story?

Looks like Sektor might have a very easy to tech throw.

Jax tanked a projectile while sliding up to choke out Darrius. Thats incredible

Well, she doesn't seem like OG sektor at all, so I guess I will just ignore the name and hope to get some other palette than red. Considering her a brand new character, she is quite ok, but I liked the yellow-supersoldier a bit better.

I feel like cyrax is a LOT closer gameplay wise to their original design that sektor?

Sektor has mostly been about good projectiles and mid/fullscreen conversions with really long buttons.

NuSektor seems to have flight as a major part of her kit, and another "in there" character, and the fatal blow is just lame and bland in comparison to even kameo Sektor's fatal blow?

I think they nailed cyrax, but I'm not feeling Sektor in the slightest so far.

Edit-

Ehhh the buttons/range stuff might be there and just hidden in their need to mostly show off combos, but like...watching sektor get a fullscreen knockdown and then dash in repeatedly feels wrong. Hoping it's just trailer.

Oh also it's fucking WEIRD that given bihan is one of the only 100% bad guys in the story right now that they seem to want to go the "must save bi han/must be loyal" route? It's...acting like he isn't an unrepentant asshole for the entire story?
Sektor is probably a bad guy and is loyal to Bi-Han, another bad guy.

Not unprecedented in the series.

Sektor looks pretty meh stylistic wise, but I think that's kinda Sektor in general, he/she is just a cyborg/cyber suit with a projectiles and a flamethrower so nothing spectacular. Was hoping the new era would change that, maybe more interesting flame thrower action or completely new cyber suit tools, but looks like not really so far, mostly just rocket boot stuff.
one of the hardest characters to come up with anything interesting ngl.
maybe they should focus more on normals and less on specials, at least that's how MK9 sektor got some interesting stuff going for him, the leg lift for an oh/low mix was pretty great, i haven't seen on this sektor