What's new

Kenshi vs Kabal: The CHASE

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Mayo presents, a super salty breakdown of the Kenshi vs Kabal matchup.

[video=youtube_share;sjIvdgKTJGc]http://youtu.be/sjIvdgKTJGc[/video]

At the request of several Kenshi players, a 5 minute breakdown of the many ways Kabal can run all over Kenshi, followed by 30 minutes of casual fights between my friend and I. I imagine a pro-kabal being a million times worse, so if any of you Kenshi's actually do fight one, I hope this breakdown helps. In a way, my friend not being a Kabal mainer, and messing up inputs sometimes, actually made it MORE confusing to fight against. The lesson to be learned from this is that once a Kabal knows how to exploit the properties of Kenshi's specials, the entire game changes. The most crippling blow, in my opinion, is not having a true projectile. This allows Kabal to freely dash about the screen with minimal fear of being hit, and allows him to commit to his dash through the flurry and tk slash.

I would say it's just me doing bad against Kabal in general, but I don't do bad against him with my alternate characters. However Kenshi is another story. I don't suggest using him in this fight, but if you're going to, you need to understand exactly what is working against you.

Tolkeen

/wrists
This video is perfect, thank you. This should be added to teef's Kenshi guide, under the match-ups section (and that guide should be stickied). Your videos are always amazing. I would love to see more match-up videos like this one. (hint hint).

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
This video = badass :D
Yautjared, i like u :)

ty for being a respectful person throughout the board. shows a lot about ur real life characteristics, unlike others on this forums >>_>....and yes, i am completely serious haha.
wish all people are like u

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Yautjared, i like u :)

ty for being a respectful person throughout the board. shows a lot about ur real life characteristics, unlike others on this forums >>_>....and yes, i am completely serious haha.
wish all people are like u
well, what I can say ? Thank you !

I don't see reason to get flamed about MK9 discussion, since, I respect all type of players, and all skill levels ... and I think we are all here to share knowledge, to teach and to learn, about this cool game. I know how to separate real life from "virtual life" in internet forums, hehe :D

Take care !! :D

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
Hey I noticed on certain threads that they have a in depth breakdown on why certain match ups are bad in the srk forums for certain chars. Maybe we can eventually do a breakdown like that for Kenshi sometime teef. Kinda like a spoiler alert lol. It was good to have that when I was picking up bison the other day it also gave out option selects for bison to make match ups a little easier. What do you think. btw great video mayo I couldn't agree more with you in that match up. The other match up at times I could have issues with is Kung Lao and not a bad one but a good one the teleport for some reason seams to give kenshi's model a issue on spin around speed to punish it at times.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Hey I noticed on certain threads that they have a in depth breakdown on why certain match ups are bad in the srk forums for certain chars. Maybe we can eventually do a breakdown like that for Kenshi sometime teef. Kinda like a spoiler alert lol. It was good to have that when I was picking up bison the other day it also gave out option selects for bison to make match ups a little easier. What do you think. btw great video mayo I couldn't agree more with you in that match up. The other match up at times I could have issues with is Kung Lao and not a bad one but a good one the teleport for some reason seams to give kenshi's model a issue on spin around speed to punish it at times.
you know what. i was working on it from AGES!! i even have the script. but was just to lazzy to work on it due to many reasons (school, other projects, work...etc)

but i guess i am off for a whole month now! i am willing to do it. in fact will work on it and continue on it today. shall sticky my guide and post the stuff as soon as i am done.

also, help form anyone is more than welcomed! i am a mod here as well so i can take posts else were, move around...etc so it will be easier for sure with the help of other kenshi players :)

for starter, i shall put this on the matchup for kabal by Mayo for sure :)

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
I wouldn't mind helping you out with whatever you need teef I have alot of free time after work for the most part and I plan on starting my own stream with in the next day or two. Let me know what you need me to do.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Alright. this match can go 5 - 5 in my opinion. worst case scenario 5.5 - 4.5 kabal favor. none the less, this is hardcore 5 - 5

Why?

I shall talk about mayo's video soon though here are some stuff of why this is 5 - 5 on kenshi prospect:

- You bait the projectile sequence
- Good spacing is the essence of this match
- RK , late SC and 2,1 footsies can easily catch Kabal's Dash's. Making kenshi at med screen superb
- Kabal Cannot escape Kenshi OTG and corner pressure with EX SC, and f+3,2 mix up can hault Initial start of any dash after EX SC on block. making Kabal a victim to corner EX pressure
-You dont break in this game...u break against kabal = lose! meter management is a major key.
- Kenshi is a subject to pressure like any medium or larger hitbox char, though a definite advantages are cr+3~SC frame trap as well as his Armors. making kenshi anti Kabal's Pressure .

shall go with details on WHY and how exactly soon. though if u can figure them out from watching the matches, then u have good keen eyes.

Enjoy
incoming matches through this month:
-Sonya (Gamer blake and morty)
-Subzero (Zo-Od and shorry)
-Kitana (Mr.mil, and Wrath) possibly CD dominican as well
-Cyrax (varies players) possibly maxter as well
-Mileena (Zero effect and varies players)
- and some others who are not decided yet and will require re recording.

Part 3: AC1984 VS xxTeefxx

Part 4: AC1984 VS xxTeefxx

Kenshi VS Kabal . around 26 min in total.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Alright. this match can go 5 - 5 in my opinion. worst case scenario 5.5 - 4.5 kabal favor. none the less, this is hardcore 5 - 5

Why?

I shall talk about mayo's video soon though here are some stuff of why this is 5 - 5 on kenshi prospect:

- You bait the projectile sequence
- Good spacing is the essence of this match
- RK , late SC and 2,1 footsies can easily catch Kabal's Dash's. Making kenshi at med screen superb
- Kabal Cannot escape Kenshi OTG and corner pressure with EX SC, and f+3,2 mix up can hault Initial start of any dash after EX SC on block. making Kabal a victim to corner EX pressure
-You dont break in this game...u break against kabal = lose! meter management is a major key.
- Kenshi is a subject to pressure like any medium or larger hitbox char, though a definite advantages are cr+3~SC frame trap as well as his Armors. making kenshi anti Kabal's Pressure .

shall go with details on WHY and how exactly soon. though if u can figure them out from watching the matches, then u have good keen eyes.

Enjoy
incoming matches through this month:
-Sonya (Gamer blake and morty)
-Subzero (Zo-Od and shorry)
-Kitana (Mr.mil, and Wrath) possibly CD dominican as well
-Cyrax (varies players) possibly maxter as well
-Mileena (Zero effect and varies players)
- and some others who are not decided yet and will require re recording.

Part 3: AC1984 VS xxTeefxx

Part 4: AC1984 VS xxTeefxx

Kenshi VS Kabal . around 26 min in total.
@7: 50 , beautiful stuff teef. Won in the corner using only specials to build meter at the same time, godlike bro. Mind if I add you? my scrub zero desperately needs experience vs kenshi.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
After watching Mayo's vid, I'd honestly have to agree with Teef in that it's not that bad. Some of the points he makes against Kenshi's specials are actually huge positives. Not many characters can say they are capable of throwing a projectile-style special reliably to hit Kabal out of the air, tbh, and it's like the Jax scenario...Kenshi's corner game is brutal, and Kabal isn't a teleporter.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
@ Under_The_Mayo
Awesome fights teef. Why does he insist on constantly rushing you down. I don't see much dash cancels back into AA gasballs and saws. He doesn't commit to overheads or low saws in his dash cancel pressure, just chips you a bit and then you get out. I just don't understand why he plays on your terms... You were never punished for a blocked RK up close. And I never once saw a dash cancel into another dash to bait out your spirit charge. Also, I really like your AA reaction. I never go for the F3 2, just an RK. Personal preference I guess. I have some new hybrid combos to run by you too.

My fellow Kenshi friend...hehe, how u doin man :)? ty for commenting. first off , SURE i would like to see some new hybirds...i got some stuff myself u might enjoy :)

secondly....hmmm i really have to break this down with u so u can understand :

1- I don't see much dash cancels back into AA gasballs and saws
saws will be the only useful thing to do. and in such case it's a risk afterwards due to kenshi traps and that this close distance on block, kenshi can cause severe issues.
the saw in that case will be the exact same as a regular mixup of either MED or low with either Command grab or saw. the only diffrence is that you cannot armor in between against saw's...unlike over head command grab.

AC was succesfuly doin those if u didnt notice. not only that, i forced him to not used them that often due to punish and mind games break. if u noticed he used Over heads and throw's and in general mix ups. also this is part 3 and 4! there are part 1 and 2 ...haha
:) part one and 2 are EVEN more interesting but i am saving them for later cause i have a specific reason (for video purposes)

as for AA Gaseblast...nope! bad idea.
#- it can be ducked and punished
#- can be armored through

this is only good against jumpers from kabals mix ups (same goes for kabal's f+4). though....i didnt jump :) this is a part of why kenshi have a good oppurtunity against kabal

2- He doesn't commit to overheads or low saws in his dash cancel pressure, just chips you a bit and then you get out

NO he actually did if u notice. but again, it's a mix up mind game from both of us. i have the options to escape and he does have his options to pressure.
and i get out because i use cr+3 or just SC or ARMOR. pressuring kenshi when kenshi have meter is VERY deadly!
this is part of the problem in this match. u dont need meter to break, you need meter because it FLIPS situation. METER = Kenshi...and everythign for kenshi

If kenshi has meter, they will think twice before jumping at you or blindly rushing...and AC was doing a good job at it to be honest

3- I just don't understand why he plays on your terms

you mean why he didnt turtle? because it's a 5 - 5 situation in that case whether kenshi got meter or not! and just fyi...kenshi with meter, he will win the turtle game. and if kenshi got up close, kabal will think more than twice if kenshi has meter

4- You were never punished for a blocked RK up close

I never did RK up close :)...i did RK from max sweep distance. now punish that with kabal lol

5- And I never once saw a dash cancel into another dash to bait out your spirit charge

Why would i do spirit charge? kabal can stuff kenshi's Spirit Charge with his pokes especially with Standing 2~dash cancel.
hence comes cr+3~ spirit charge. a frame trap, and can be followed after by another frame trap . so ya...can has answers.
now in that case, why would Kabal dash cancel into another dash cancel? whats the purpose? for me to get him of me?

if you noticed thats why i dont do Spirit charge in between....it's either an armor move or cr+3~spirit charge....SC has a different purpose in this matchup against kabals rush down. can be used in this specific situation ofcourse, but i wont risk it due to the stuffing part (SC hurtbox is active on the 6th,7th or 8th frames...by means stuffable with fast moves in close distance)

6- Also, I really like your AA reaction. I never go for the F3 2, just an RK. Personal preference I guess.

Ty my friend!
yes, it's VERY USEFUL due to two reasons....more damage over all. and in corner ...remember the 2,1,b+2 thing we talked about :)? this is the perfect situation to use....Ideal is the word

take care mayo , and awsm Quanchi science video man! ...see u soon and keep in touch

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
After watching Mayo's vid, I'd honestly have to agree with Teef in that it's not that bad. Some of the points he makes against Kenshi's specials are actually huge positives. Not many characters can say they are capable of throwing a projectile-style special reliably to hit Kabal out of the air, tbh, and it's like the Jax scenario...Kenshi's corner game is brutal, and Kabal isn't a teleporter.

yup! ty for pointing those things out buddy

and it's like the Jax scenario...Kenshi's corner game is brutal, and Kabal isn't a teleporter.

those do add up. Three things that makes kenshi A tier in my opinion (YES! he can be from top 10 in my opinion)

1- Safe armors.
2- Amazing distance and corner game
3- Perfect situation in zoning and answer. making him a good space controller

This match can REALLY hit 5 - 5....worst case 5.5 - 4.5 kabal favor JUST due to the ability of leeching Meter from kenshi and turtle correctly while using correct baits and not falling for kenshi's space RK and SC traps

3 major things to put in consideration on how to beat kenshi...those are must know or do in order to crush him

A- His meter and the managment of this kenshi player of how or When to use meter
B- Knowledge of the distance and correct baits and traps
C- When to rush him and how to take control of spacing against kenshi to confuse any of Kenshi's rotation routenes

the characters in the game that can severely kill kenshi are in general....Mobile characters! of course, dont tell me reptile please! haha...rep vs kenshi is 5 - 5
i am talkin about other kind of mobility, the annoying space mobility....and as you mentioned , whcih was to the point! "TELEPORTERS"
So yes....raiden and kung and EVEN rain...are hard matchups for kenshi hands down (rain is slightly toned down of course compared to Kung and raiden...kung is by far kenshi's KNIGHTMARE!)