What's new

Tech - Kenjutsu Kenshi MKXL new Parry Potential

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
The hypest parry I've had was parrying reptile's F412 and punishing with DB1 in the beta. I don't remember if I saved it tho.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Already said that in Kenshi general thread. Parry helps Kenjutsu, that's one of the reasons this variation is the only one worth playing if anybody wants to learn Kenshi.

You can make some really HYPE plays (got planty of those done in Beta) with parry but sad reality is - this is on a hard read, if you're mistaken on it -> you get rekt. It's a nice tool to have (even good) but it's not so awesome as some people think.

snort

Noob
Already said that in Kenshi general thread. Parry helps Kenjutsu, that's one of the reasons this variation is the only one worth playing if anybody wants to learn Kenshi.

You can make some really HYPE plays (got planty of those done in Beta) with parry but sad reality is - this is on a hard read, if you're mistaken on it -> you get rekt. It's a nice tool to have (even good) but it's not so awesome as some people think.
Everytime I see your posts its always about down playing, crying, and complaining about Kenshi.

Goat-City

Banned

Is Possessed not good now with that teleport buff?

Immortal

Blind justice....
Everytime I see your posts its always about down playing, crying, and complaining about Kenshi.
Downplaying? What are you talking about?

Kenjutsu is viable. Balanced is still crap, Possessed is okish, kinda gimmicky. I'm also one of very few players who stick with Kenshi from day 1, discovered quite some tech for him and beside Pig i'm probably the most known Kenshi player.

And not that this really matter but i kinda enjoy when people who done nothing with Kenshi tell me that i upplay/downplay/cry about him.
Feel free to pick up Kenshi and lets play mirrors i really enjoy them. Prove me wrong or refrain from statements about my opinion about character i put XXXX hours work, a character that basically is MK X (and been since MK: DA) for me.

Is Possessed not good now with that teleport buff?
I've already said that in general - Possessed is okish, kinda gimmicky. He is VERY meter dependent and they nerfed overall meter building. Teleport is decent but if you want mess with it - why not play Imposter Shinnok? He can do everything Possessed can do, just better (including a better teleport -> out of air).

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Downplaying? What are you talking about?

Kenjutsu is viable. Balanced is still crap, Possessed is okish, kinda gimmicky. I'm also one of very few players who stick with Kenshi from day 1, discovered quite some tech for him and beside Pig i'm probably the most known Kenshi player.

And not that this really matter but i kinda enjoy when people who done nothing with Kenshi tell me that i upplay/downplay/cry about him.
Feel free to pick up Kenshi and lets play mirrors i really enjoy them. Prove me wrong or refrain from statements about my opinion about character i put XXXX hours work, a character that basically is MK X (and been since MK: DA) for me.

I've already said that in general - Possessed is okish, kinda gimmicky. He is VERY meter dependent and they nerfed overall meter building. Teleport is decent but if you want mess with it - why not play Imposter Shinnok? He can do everything Possessed can do, just better (including a better teleport -> out of air).
I feel possessed builds the most meaningful meter

322 into his tele/OH/low into potentially tele JIp 421 does really well

Immortal

Blind justice....
I feel possessed builds the most meaningful meter

322 into his tele/OH/low into potentially tele JIp 421 does really well
I agree, i just think that Possessed is kinda invalidated by Imposter Shinnok, he basically can do everything Possessed can, just better.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I agree, i just think that Possessed is kinda invalidated by Imposter Shinnok, he basically can do everything Possessed can, just better.
I see why you think that way but it's not invalidating, just similar. Possessed has a full screen game, better damage, safe armor, more damage off of armor, and safer mixups.

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
Soul Calibur VI guest character: Kenshi

Also wouldn't ending the parries with Rising Karma give better damage?
Yoo i was just showcasing the potential of the parry as a move, i didnt wanna be repetitive by going for a full combo everytime :)
Unless you mean i should use balanced(rising karma) in that case i only messed around with kenjutsu