What's new

Kenshi Kombos

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Without an ambush kameo I don't think it's possible to get into sandwich straight from balanced stance, but it's not always necessary. For non-kameo combos into sento you're looking at pretty much anything into bf3, 4 db1. In the corner, you can do any starter into bf3 4 bf3 4 db1
Do b2 db1 instead of 4 db1. It gives you more hit advantage

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
I'm trying to lab different combo paths into sento sandwich using the rising karma jump cancel and different kameo ambushes but I'm not really finding anything for kameos that would be worth taking over Cyrax/Kano/freezers, but someone with better creativity / better execution than me should try, I'm almost positive there's something there.

Starter into EX bf3 / sento call cancel mid goro punch sento 3 looks like it should connect if timed perfectly but I can't make it happen.

Baconlord

I'm trying to lab different combo paths into sento sandwich using the rising karma jump cancel and different kameo ambushes but I'm not really finding anything for kameos that would be worth taking over Cyrax/Kano/freezers, but someone with better creativity / better execution than me should try, I'm almost positive there's something there.

Starter into EX bf3 / sento call cancel mid goro punch sento 3 looks like it should connect if timed perfectly but I can't make it happen.
Off the top of my head I known Jax and Stryker work with the rising karma jump cancel.

wsj515

Off the top of my head I known Jax and Stryker work with the rising karma jump cancel.
Awesome what’s the Stryker route? I know the Jax one but it seems like Jax isn’t bringing much to the table vs. other kameos that don’t require the jump cancel, unless I’m missing some degenerate groundpound setup

Baconlord

Awesome what’s the Stryker route? I know the Jax one but it seems like Jax isn’t bringing much to the table vs. other kameos that don’t require the jump cancel, unless I’m missing some degenerate groundpound setup
The basic route of starter, ex rising karma, jump cancel db1, ambush, sento 3 seems like the universal route for a lot of kameo's. Also I haven't found the perfect set up yet but there's definitely some disgusting potential with Kenshi Jax because ground pound doesn't hit sento. You can do stuff like set up sento and grind pound in the corner, neutral jump, and use negative edge to meaty them with sento while the ground pound is coming. Also just doing a blockstring into db3 in sento stance will let Kenshi avoid Jax

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
IDK if it's because I'm exhausted from no sleep or if I'm not just thinking, but each time I've tried to do block sting pressure with Kano ball at the end of it to call out sento, I get hit unless I do it after each knockdown.

JDE

Yeah that’s basically it but you need to do EX bf3 in order to jump cancel the db1, then sento 3 dash 4 db4
I have trouble with this with everyone that I tried. I know who I want to use him with. Just this link for the sento launcher I haven't been able to get to connect. So far, Kano, Stryker, Jax, & Sektor are who I was interested in with him besides Sub-Zero & Frost by default. I'll consider Sareena too. I got combo links with them outside of the sandwich links I haven't looked into yet since I'm still breaking him down; but know what it looks like.

JDE

@wsj515 @Baconlord Why does it always feel stuck when I try using db1 after things like ex db2b, Kano knives, b2 xx sento xx or Ex bdf3 into Jax grab then sento? Am I not doing the jump cancel right or something? I've even tried delaying these inputs, still haven't been able to get the sento launch.

Edit: I finally got 1 to connect with the Ex db2b with Jax. Finally figured out the Kano knives timing too. Took a slight delay after the launcher.

Last edited:

Baconlord

@wsj515 @Baconlord Why does it always feel stuck when I try using db1 after things like ex db2b, Kano knives, b2 xx sento xx or Ex bdf3 into Jax grab then sento? Am I not doing the jump cancel right or something? I've even tried delaying these inputs, still haven't been able to get the sento launch.

Edit: I finally got 1 to connect with the Ex db2b with Jax. Finally figured out the Kano knives timing too. Took a slight delay after the launcher.

I don't think there's an easy answer, it's just a hard combo that requires tight execution.

wsj515

What optimal(s) do you folks use on a start setup 141~BF3, B2 into Sub Zero freeze?
You definitely want to be hitconfirming 14 into freeze - but I'm assuming this is a situation where they're taking the last hit of 141 in order to avoid EX bf1, and ideally you do sub freeze instead of db3:

You'll get max damage (36%) by doing 141~freeze, dash forward db1, (rb) 4 (rb release) sento 3, j2 f4 sento 3, 4~db4
max sento time 141~freeze, db1 dash forward twice (rb) 4 (rb release) sento 1, 42 sento 2, f4

not sure if actually optimal but max damage off bf3 seems to be - 141~BF3 b2~freeze, (rb) 42 (rb release) sento 3, 4~db4
max sento time - 141~BF3 b2~freeze, db1 sento 3, dash forward twice 42 sento 2 f4