What's new

Kenshi - Highlights from S1LENT1 and TomBrady show

Lord_B

Noob
I'll try to update and fix these as I listen.

Here is the show link:
http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1/b/289581202

EX DB1, EX BF2, EX BF3 all have armor.
F2,2,B1 is safe. Can't duck this with or with out block.
EX DB1 has armor and is safe.
After landing EX DB1 can follow a combo with F3,2, BF2. (22%)
2,1,B2 is overhead and safe. If last hit lands can start a combo (can't hear)
2,1,F4 is low and safe.
Corner Combo X-Ray Jump in punch - F2,2,B1, 2,1,B2, DB1, 3, X-ray (50%) - Doesn't seem right I'll fix
Corner Combo No X-Ray Jump in punch - F2,2,B1, F2,2,B1, 1,1,4, DB1, 1,1,4, BF2 (39%) - Can have a negative edge on the 1,1,4.
Corner Combo No X-Ray F2,2,B1, 2,1,b2, DB1, F3,2 BF2 (38%) - No risk of negative edge
BNB Open Space F2,2,B1, Dash, F3,2, DB1, Dash, F3,2, BF2 (35%)
BNB Open Space X-Ray F2,2,B1, Dash, F3,2, DB1, Dash, 3 X-Ray (45%)

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
So after 2,1,b2 you can db1 then you can dash and hit them with f3,2 into shoulder charge. Does 31%.

Any more damaging methods?

You could also go into his f2,2,b1 after the db1 if you want. Less damage though.

You can get more damage on his 50% xray combo by doing: jump in punch F2,2,b1 2,1,B2, 3, DB1, 3,X-ray (52%)

You can always get a 3 after 2,1,B2 in the corner.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Got a 45% corner combo (w/ jump in punch). Can't take responsibility for it, there's a video of it around here somewhere. I just tweaked it a little.

Jump in punch, F2 2 B1, 2 1 B2, 1 1 4 xx db1, 1 1 4 xx bf2

Another 52% X-ray

Jump in punch, F2 2 B1, 2 1 B2, 1 1 4 xx db1, 3, X-ray.

Again, not my combos, just variations on what's out there, that I find work for me. Use if you like.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Got a 45% corner combo (w/ jump in punch). Can't take responsibility for it, there's a video of it around here somewhere. I just tweaked it a little.

Jump in punch, F2 2 B1, 2 1 B2, 1 1 4 xx db1, 1 1 4 xx bf2

Another 52% X-ray

Jump in punch, F2 2 B1, 2 1 B2, 1 1 4 xx db1, 3, X-ray.

Again, not my combos, just variations on what's out there, that I find work for me. Use if you like.
Is the timing on that first combo really tight at the end? Can't seem to get the 114, bf2 out at the end.

Well I figured out my problem, I was throwing in a db1 after the 2,1,b2 but now he's not high enough to hit him with the 114. wtf

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out. You have to hit the 114 immediately after the 2,1,b2. I was used to the negative edge combo in the OP and kept delaying it a bit.

I got a 52 % meterless combo, corner only. im just waiting to get my friends camera and not my stupid ass phone. imma keep them coming though

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
Yeah, u have to hit the 2 1 B2 as high as possible after F2 2 B1, then hit the 1 1 4 as soon as possible after the ground bounce. Do it a few times and you'll be solid.

not bad at all for me. the only problem with negative edge ive had was with noob combos but now i dont have that problem anymore.

u can get 49% no meter corner combo with jump in punch, and 52% with 1 meter.

My bnb meterless midscreen combo is:

F+2, 2, B+2, dash, 2, 1, up sword, dash, F+2, 2, B+2 for 34%

Am I missing anything, or is this the standard fare for Kenshi?

i think this is NRS' way of saying 'from now on none of our future characters are going to be able to do 50% miscreen combos' ahem *couch* skarlet *cough*

Cyrax Net reset / Kung Lao's EX hat reset = glitch that resets damage scaling and hit count but doesn't stop the combo (follow ups can't be blocked)

Kabal reset / Baraka reset = resets the combo/juggle, gets the opponent standing and vulnerable to another string or mixup (follow ups can be blocked)

They are both resets but are two completely different things. That was the confusion I think. Not sure what the guy was referring to though...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
42% no meter, no jps:

f22b1, njp, 4~db1, 4~bf3, db1~f2

Corner Reset (blockable):

f22b1, f22b1, wait then f22b1 OR f32 right when they land and they are hit OTG and popped up again. This is 100% blockable, but they MUST block or be hit. It eliminates any sort of wakeup or recovery or even holding down to stay grounded.