What's new

Question - Kenjutsu Kenjutsu Kenshi Help

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
Can anyone tell me about kenjustu kenshi, what to do, etc.
I've got a friend just starting out who wants to use him and want to help him understand stuff
but don't use kenshi myself.
thanks

I would honestly be surprised to find a single kenjutsu Kenshi user in the whole forum :/
He has a nice OH special and his force push is really good but aside from that he's for sure in the top 5 worst variations in this game.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
kenjutsu is the mix up variation,do not listen to anyone,just improvise,it is a 50/50 situation with good zoning,the best thing in a game is to play someone you like and not the one that the forums make you!

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
is so odd to see kenshi and sucks in the same sentence:coffee:
I was really into kenjutsu, but he feels like he's missing specials/strings to be a complete character.

Kenjutsu is a spacing character with a few mix-ups. If you play him as a pure mix-up character against someone that knows they can punish spinning blade, then you are going to be eating full combos all day. Spinning blade is insanely good for anti-airing far jump-ins and whiff punishing.

He can punish opponents for being too aggressive with ex-spinning blade and ex-db4, both yielding about a mediocre 25%. Against close jump-ins I like to do ex-db4 but be careful you can sometimes miss because of the short hitbox it has.

He has pretty good corner control as you can choose to end combos in bf3 to reverse side or db4 to keep them on the same side. While bf3 does 2%-3% more damage as an ender, it leaves you negative so I personally like to use db4 most of the time.

I believe his bf3 is the worst bf3 across his variations. It feels like -1000, doesn't reach fullscreen, doesn't combo off EX, and leaves you at negative. I have no idea what this move is for in neutral. Use bf2 for neutral instead, it's safe and leaves you advantage.

His rising blade is OK if you can consistently do 1 frame links to extend combos. Otherwise meh. Also be aware that comboing off of rising blade and spinning blade is dependent on where the opponent is. e.g comboing off an anti-air ex-spinning blade might not work.

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
Kenjutsu is a spacing character with a few mix-ups. If you play him as a pure mix-up character against someone that knows they can punish spinning blade, then you are going to be eating full combos all day. Spinning blade is insanely good for anti-airing far jump-ins and whiff punishing.

He can punish opponents for being too aggressive with ex-spinning blade and ex-db4, both yielding about a mediocre 25%. Against close jump-ins I like to do ex-db4 but be careful you can sometimes miss because of the short hitbox it has.

He has pretty good corner control as you can choose to end combos in bf3 to reverse side or db4 to keep them on the same side. While bf3 does 2%-3% more damage as an ender, it leaves you negative so I personally like to use db4 most of the time.

I believe his bf3 is the worst bf3 across his variations. It feels like -1000, doesn't reach fullscreen, doesn't combo off EX, and leaves you at negative. I have no idea what this move is for in neutral. Use bf2 for neutral instead, it's safe and leaves you advantage.

His rising blade is OK if you can consistently do 1 frame links to extend combos. Otherwise meh. Also be aware that comboing off of rising blade and spinning blade is dependent on where the opponent is. e.g comboing off an anti-air ex-spinning blade might not work.
thanks, you've been helpful

omooba

fear the moobs
I've got a friend just starting out who wants to use him and want to help him understand stuff
thanks
don't listen to these guys kenjutsu's not as terrible as the make it sound. Don't get me wrong still sucks compared to mk9 kenshi but there's a lot you can do with him. He's got nice 50/50's and a corner vortex. i wouldn't zone that much with him but i would ocassionally throw in that bf2 cus it's almost full screen and it keeps your oponent in check

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
thanks
You saw I knew what I was telling you about kenshi;)

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
You saw I knew what I was telling you about kenshi;)
His B32 seems really good its a low start that can hitconfirm into combo or leave at -4
but apparently in a hotfix they're raising telepush recovery frames?

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
His B32 seems really good its a low start that can hitconfirm into combo or leave at -4
but apparently in a hotfix they're raising telepush recovery frames?
and making d1 8 frames not 9 which is epic