What's new

KEEP IT CLASSY 2014 (03/29-30-2014) Edmonton, AB

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Well, since MPT isn't around, I thought I'd make this thread for him.

Keep it Classy 2014 (03/29-30/2014 - Edmonton, Alberta)
Date: Saturday March, 29th -30th 2014.
Venue Opens at 11:00 am

Hosted by ...
Edmonton Gamers
Comic Book & Games Club of Macewan University

Will be streamed on Our live stream channel found here
http://www.twitch.tv/edmontongamers

Registration will start at 11:00 AM Tournament will Start at 1:00 PM

Location: MacEwan 10700 104 Ave NW City Center Campus, Building 6 Cafeteria
Edmonton, Alberta

Venue Fee: $5.00

Game Entry for Super Smash Melee: $10.00
Game Entry for Super Smash Bros Brawl: $10.00

Game Entry for Super Street Fighter IV AE: Singles: $10.00
Game Entry for Injustice Gods Among US: Singles $10.00

Game Entry for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: Singles $10.00
Game Entry for King of Fighter 13: Singles $10.00

Game Entry for Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike: $10.00
Game Entry for Pokemon X/Y: $10.00

PRIZE DISTRIBUTION
60/30/10

General Tournament Format and Rules
http://www.edmontongamers.com/general-tournament-rules

Pokemon Rules
http://www.smogon.com/xyhub/tiers

All times for games will go as fallows

Day 1

Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012: 1:00 PM
Pokemon X/Y: 1:00 PM
Injustice Gods Among Us: 1:00 PM
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1:00 PM

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3: 3:00 PM
Super Street Fighter 2 HDR: 3:00 PM
King of Fighters XIII: 3:00 PM

Day 2

Super Smash Bros Melee: 1:00 PM
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Top 8: 3:00 PM
Super Street Fighter IV AE 2012 Top 8: 4:00 PM

@Jimmypotato
@BiPolarExxpress

^I don't know who else on TYM is in the surrounding area, but if you guys do, please let them know. Pretty happy with the venue choice. Hopefully, we can get a good turnout like the last one.

Can't speak for @Jimmypotato but not sure if I'll be making this one. Drove 3 hours just to bring the only setup to play on. Literally would not of had a tournament if jimmy didn't bring it. 6 hours worth of driving and gas money to add two people to a pool we normally have just isn't really worth it. I cant really remember the last time we had edmonton guys come up here for injustice. Might reconsider but probably not going.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Not to mention we ran our own tournament, yet still had to pay the venue fee. Just left a bit of a sour taste.
I can agree with all of that. We definitely got the shaft last time. That was my first tourney, so I have no idea if it's always run that way or not, so we'll see how they do this time. I don't know these guys well enough to tell them how terrible of a job they did, but I think MPT does, so hopefully he'll make sure it's run smoother from here on.

I can agree with all of that. We definitely got the shaft last time. That was my first tourney, so I have no idea if it's always run that way or not, so we'll see how they do this time. I don't know these guys well enough to tell them how terrible of a job they did, but I think MPT does, so hopefully he'll make sure it's run smoother from here on.
Who knows. Maybe I'm spoiled lol. But here we have matches on stream/projector. A setup or two for casuals and they run the brackets. I literally just pay and do nothing. Its in a bar so we just relax play casuals and tourney matches. Tbh they just wanted the money and could of cared less if we even had a tournament. I mean the amount of people stuffed into that nasty shop is ridiculous. I mean cmon you can do better then a tourney in a pot shop lol

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
Who knows. Maybe I'm spoiled lol. But here we have matches on stream/projector. A setup or two for casuals and they run the brackets. I literally just pay and do nothing. Its in a bar so we just relax play casuals and tourney matches. Tbh they just wanted the money and could of cared less if we even had a tournament. I mean the amount of people stuffed into that nasty shop is ridiculous. I mean cmon you can do better then a tourney in a pot shop lol
Lol No arguement there. There is a second group involved this time throwing it and they actually booked part of a university for this one. So the venue has at least improved. And cheaper venue fee to boot. lol Don't know how that works.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
It's my sons 3rd birthday that weekend so I won't be able to make it.

We will be having another Pub Fight tourny here in calgary on the Sunday of the May long weekend though.