What's new

Tech - Kano Kano OS test

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
Disclaimer: big post coming up. I did not try out Cutthroat, also I'll clean the formatting tomorrow, I'm extremely tired posting this. Also, TURN DOWN SOUND, I didn't realize how loud I had my game when recording.

Alrighty, so since I wasn't able to sleep tonight I went into the lab pretty hard (as I usually do) to find out some option selects. Boy do I got a lot of shit to tell you guys. If you aren't aware already @UltraDavid found some wonky ass tech the other day with Kano, which then applies to a select few other characters/variations. Basically if you do a specific input (universally 2, 4, and f3 across the board for Kano) and input bf123, you'll be able to OS an ex Kano ball.

So what that in mind I wanted to see how far you could push this wonky ass tech out, and here are my findings.

THIS IS UNIVERSAL ACROSS ALL VARIATIONS, BUT I TESTED SPECIFIC SPECIAL MOVES:
(whiff/Commando choke) if you do bfdf123 you'll ALWAYS get ex knives.
(whiff/Cybernetic eye laster/upblast) if you do bfdb123, you will ALWAYS get ex up ball

If you input df right after bf123, you'll get ex knives, on rare cases you can sometimes get a regular knife on block, with ex Kano ball on hit.

If you input db right after bf123, you'll get ex up ball on block, with ex Kano ball on hit.

For some reason after 4, if you input dbf123, you'll get one of these options on block. upball, knives, command throw, with I believe ex Kano ball on hit. I presume the faster you input dbf is what option the game decides to give you.

with 4, if you do bdbdf123, you'll get regular knife throw on block, Ex Kano Ball on hit

For cybernetic, you can do b2 bf123 3 (It's either this or b2 3 dbf123) You'll get the string on block and ex kano ball on hit.

Across all variations, if you do 2 bf123 f3 (It's either this or 2 bf123 hold forward for 3, OR 2 f3 bf123) You'll get the full string on block and ex Kano ball on hit.

Now this is all I remember, so let me go into some other stuff I was curious about.

I found out you could buffer in ex moves into normals, and whatever ex move you inputted will only come out on an opponent's reversals.

I wanted to see if you could delay buffer other moves on someone's wake-up to see if you could stuff armored moves. With the finding of knifeblock/ballhit I was expecting to see Ball come out if an armored move pops up. That...wasn't the case. Knife throw was the only thing that would come out no matter what I did at the start of the OS. So the game treats armored wake up moves as if the opponent is blocking. But this only applies to the OS..slightly.

So with that in mind, I wanted to see if I could do a HKD, then do a meaty b2 or b1 and input bf123, wait a second, then input ex laser, ex command grabs, or kano ball...Which didn't work at all.

However there's a VERY tight timing where you can do a HKD, a meaty b2 or b1, input bf123, wait slightly, then input ex up ball. What happens is if they block the meaty nothing comes out, if it hits ex kano ball comes out, and if they decide to reversal with armor ex upball comes out. Why do I not have a video of this? Because I literally couldn't recreate it after I did it one time on accident.

Weird right? Hopefully this gets some of yall to test this out so we can really either abuse the system to the fullest. Thanks for reading :)

Tl;dr: Kano be broke yo.