What's new

Kano, Jax, Erron, and Baraka's Command Grabs Nerfed in Today's Patch

Oh Blood Lunge? Hmm.

Can't you just finish the string and Punish them if they think you'll do Blood Lunge? That would also put them in Blood Lunge/b2 Range too right?

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
im more irritated that geras tick throw is still a mid. this shit seems weird especially since they took alot of jax tick throws. now anytime i d1 i have to make a guess whether they will d2 or sit on it.

Edit: yeah at this point im just maining kabal. least he can semi deal with zoning.
what are you talking about? Geras spike throw isnt a command grab.

Last edited:
Today's patch made it so certain highs that weren't being Krushing Blow D2'd now properly get Krushing Blow D2'd.

Before today, high command grab could not be Krushing Blow D2'd.
Now they can. This is pretty huge to be honest.

--------------
Kano:

Before, the recovery on Kano's command grab made it so the opponent neutral jumping or D2ing wouldn't put Kano in a terrible position, but now D2ing him has become a huge opportunity for damage against him in every round considering his dependance on his command grab.

D1xxCommandGrab or 24xxCommandGrab on hit could be punished with D2 Krushing Blow now.

I have to admit I'm sad to realize that it was a "bug" and not actually intended for him not to get Krushing Blow D2'd....
Good thats how it supposed to be in the first place

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Oh Blood Lunge? Hmm.

Can't you just finish the string and Punish them if they think you'll do Blood Lunge? That would also put them in Blood Lunge/b2 Range too right?
The lunge has always been a guess. The difference now you are risking 40-50% KB combos for a command throw. The risk reward is super out of his favor now.

At the moment, if Kano does D1xxCommandGrab or 24xxCommand grab on hit the opponent could mash out D2 and it'll Krushing Blow.

So if Kano makes these incorrect command grab reads and the moves hit, he'll eat 35-50%.

That's a monumental nerf to Kano, even if it was a bug. FeelsBadMan...
not saying kano didnt get hurt but throws beat lows, you cant mash but must duck until the throws active frames are over.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
What is Kano's recovery on whiffed cmd grab? It seems safe from what I have seen in Combo Breaker.

Because Jax's recovery on whiff is massive and full combo pubishable

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I don't think NRS would do this.

If they made Lumbar Check into a mid then they'd have to either nerf the recovery or the startup because at the moment, if the opponent neutral jumps to avoid a command grab setup, Kano will still be safe. If Lumbar Check was a mid then it would literally be unpunishable in it's current state.

They'd have to nerf the startup time or the recovery.
Geras's command grab is a mid and it shits on lumbar check in every possible way so screw it and make lumbar check a mid.

Misky

Clinch should be a command grab
im more irritated that geras tick throw is still a mid. this shit seems weird especially since they took alot of jax tick throws. now anytime i d1 i have to make a guess whether they will d2 or sit on it.

Edit: yeah at this point im just maining kabal. least he can semi deal with zoning.
'Semi'