What's new

General/Other - Cutthroat Kano Cutthroat cake for celebration

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
Just to brag a bit: I got myself a Kano CT cake!

Why? I earned the Platinum Trophy. Especially the 10 wins in a row online and 1000 respect points were hard. Since I'm a beginner, it was a real struggle to get there and my gf promised me a cake when I got the trophy. (Plus I got a new job, and made it to assistant trainer at my wing chun fighting school, that's where the other terms are for.)

Edit: The pink stuff is blood, she made the knife brutality by accident.
Edit2: The cake is a circle which reminds us of course of the Kano Ball.

Last edited:

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Just to brag a bit: I got myself a Kano CT cake!

Why? I earned the Platinum Trophy. Especially the 10 wins in a row online and 1000 respect points were hard. Since I'm a beginner, it was a real struggle to get there and my gf promised me a cake when I got the trophy. (Plus I got a new job, and made it to assistant trainer at my wing chun fighting school, that's where the other terms are for.)
wing chun assistant trainer, still prefers raw brutal tactician rather than 3 shaolin douchebags. West wins

yummy cake

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
wing chun assistant trainer, still prefers raw brutal tactician rather than 3 shaolin douchebags. West wins
yummy cake
Not quite getting what you mean. You see WC as raw and brutal or rather not at all? There's a lot of difference between wing chun schools. Ours is very much focused on sparring, efficiency and cutting out the bullshit (Wong Shun Leung). If you watch WC on youtube, you'd rather go for other fighting sports.

Cake is yummy, that's true enough :)

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Not quite getting what you mean. You see WC as raw and brutal or rather not at all? There's a lot of difference between wing chun schools. Ours is very much focused on sparring, efficiency and cutting out the bullshit (Wong Shun Leung). If you watch WC on youtube, you'd rather go for other fighting sports.

Cake is yummy, that's true enough :)
I think he means it's funny that you do WC and would choose a character like Kano instead of someone like Liu or Lao.

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
I think he means it's funny that you do WC and would choose a character like Kano instead of someone like Liu or Lao.
Oh lol!! Didn't read it that way. Now I get it.. haha! Yes. I've learned that Shoalin stuff is lame and doesnt work at all in a combat situation. (I've trained Shoalin Wushu for 2 years, Kickboxing for 5 years and now WC for 6 years). Plus! Kano has almost the same knives we train with.

Hidan

Oh lol!! Didn't read it that way. Now I get it.. haha! Yes. I've learned that Shoalin stuff is lame and doesnt work at all in a combat situation. (I've trained Shoalin Wushu for 2 years, Kickboxing for 5 years and now WC for 6 years). Plus! Kano has almost the same knives we train with.
Man, there is no such thing as lame shaolin stuff. Kung Fu has evolved through millenia, wing chun is effective nowadays for a number of reasons (narrow paths/alleys, usually unarmed opponents and generally the current urban culture). In 20 or 50 years something else will take its place. In any case shaolin wushu, wudang and everything else that's considered an origin has fathered wing chun, hung gar, choy lee fut and whatever else ppl choose to learn these days. It's just that older stuff need more time to get through your system (there is a reason for that) and you need a formidable body to pull them off (even more time) so it's not practical to learn them, but they are not lame.

about the knife comparison
wing chun's butterfly knives are tools that fit the triangular theory of wing chun and help improving your moves in unarmed combat, you won't be using these anywhere. Toys against some mercenary with handmade sabotage blades

Don't get me wrong here, I respect your art, but it has that downfall that makes ppl think that there isn't anything else out there

Last edited:

OmeMark

Ps4 / Kano
Man, there is no such thing as lame shaolin stuff. Kung Fu has evolved through millenia, wing chun is effective nowadays for a number of reasons (narrow paths/alleys, usually unarmed opponents and generally the current urban culture). In 20 or 50 years something else will take its place. In any case shaolin wushu, wudang and everything else that's considered an origin has fathered wing chun, hung gar, choy lee fut and whatever else ppl choose to learn these days. It's just that older stuff need more time to get through your system (there is a reason for that) and you need a formidable body to pull them off (even more time) so it's not practical to learn them, but they are not lame.

about the knife comparison
wing chun's butterfly knives are tools that fit the triangular theory of wing chun and help improving your moves in unarmed combat, you won't be using these anywhere. Toys against some mercenary with handmade sabotage blades

Don't get me wrong here, I respect your art, but it has that downfall that makes ppl think that there isn't anything else out there
Not meant to offend anyone and lame might have been the wrong word. In my experience Shoalin Wushu is mostly for show. It's not practical in a real life situation. Especially not for me since I'm not that acrobatic. I'd rather see some effective kung-fu like Pak Mei. There's cool shit out there. Here in The Netherland not many people train Wing Chun, it's very low profile.
Do you do any martial arts?

Hidan

Not meant to offend anyone and lame might have been the wrong word. In my experience Shoalin Wushu is mostly for show. It's not practical in a real life situation. Especially not for me since I'm not that acrobatic. I'd rather see some effective kung-fu like Pak Mei. There's cool shit out there. Here in The Netherland not many people train Wing Chun, it's very low profile.
Do you do any martial arts?
Did when I had the time, now I'm fooling around whenever I find someone who does