What's new

Kano Changes 6/7/11

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
I know it hasn't but if you have seen the first page of TYM the update is suppose to happen on Tuesday and I just thought we should discuss it before then and post-update. So the list said it was less safe on block but it's whiff speed might still be the same which IMO is a great change for i because it takes out the cheapness of it plus it keeps to tool of maneuvering with it to some degree. Discuss your feelings freely.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Eh. A lot of characters have quick recovery projectiles in this game besides Kano and great AAs. Kitana, for instance.

I would like to see some changes to Jax, Kano and Sheeva's x-rays though; they are all avoidable but I still feel they're cheap.

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
Lol that was pretty funny but no Kano projectile is the best in the game, wish EX hit all people when they are ducking but wht ever, I feel that their X-Rays are really easy to jump but I don't think there are to many complaining about it so NRS most likely will not change it for awhile or at all

cyke_out

Noob
I appreciate the heads up, but I wish things weren't so vague. I'd like exact frame numbers from the official patch notes. I'm sure NRS has frame data laying around somewhere.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Kano projectile is the best in the game
It's fast, but it's not the best. You can crouch and avoid it completly and punish Kano since every Kano player will throw out a horizontal ball randomly from full screen after knife spamming to attempt to get in close. Most people just don't think this way, that's the inherit problem.

they should make his Ex knives lift you higher instead of just being a lame combo ender ._.

glad for the upball nerf, i wonder whats the next thing ppl will cry about?

i also thought they said kabal was getting a buff?

Sequel

Boob Titbot
they should make his Ex knives lift you higher instead of just being a lame combo ender ._.

glad for the upball nerf, i wonder whats the next thing ppl will cry about?

i also thought they said kabal was getting a buff?
Now you guys will have to have skill to play Kano. : D

I appreciate the heads up, but I wish things weren't so vague. I'd like exact frame numbers from the official patch notes. I'm sure NRS has frame data laying around somewhere.
I think you'll have to D,F+1 it out of them.
Really I don't think I'm gonna notice a change, I forget to put my xbox online so often :p

Sequel

Boob Titbot
coming from the guy that uses kung lao
Kung Lao is free now. Don't be an idiot and get hit by spin. Kano can easily punish it on whiff and block. The problem I have with everyone that plays this game is they jump to much... no one understands ground game at all. If you jump, I'm going to SPIN. If you spam projectiles without proper use of spacing, I'm going to either teleport or dive kick.

If you see a low hat, neutral jump. Block low against Lao because his overhead mix up game is non existent. Players don't even understand why they cry for nerfs, they just blindly go about doing so without having any real skill to back it up.

Kung Lao is free now. Don't be an idiot and get hit by spin. Kano can easily punish it on whiff and block. The problem I have with everyone that plays this game is they jump to much... no one understands ground game at all. If you jump, I'm going to SPIN.

If you see a low hat, neutral jump. Block low against Lao because his overhead mix up game is non existent.
i dont know why you keep tryna teach me of all ppl shit, dont give a fuk about a game with shit online

and yea kung lao still takes no skill to use, kano always did

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I dunno if its just me but I don't think anyone really takes much skill or is hard to use in mk9. Some characters have better options then others but it mostly boils down to the person in drivers seat and their ability to read the opponent.

I would like to see some changes to Jax, Kano and Sheeva's x-rays though; they are all avoidable but I still feel they're cheap.
Sheeva's X-ray, and Sheeva herself, are more or less a joke at the moment. She's the slowest character in the game, her unblockable specials are both punished almost 100% against people who know what they're doing, there are tons of combos that ONLY work on her due to her hitbox, her BnB combo is stance-specific and doesn't work against women (I'm serious), and her mix-ups are terrible. About the only things she has going for her right now are the strong fireball and her f+4. So no, nothing about her is really cheap.

On top of that, her X-ray has inconsistent armor (I've been knocked out of it by a Liu Kang fireball and various other things).

P.S. I forgot to mention that she's free on wakeup :(

I dunno if its just me but I don't think anyone really takes much skill or is hard to use in mk9. Some characters have better options then others but it mostly boils down to the person in drivers seat and there ability to read the opponent.
agreed, i think fighters in general are like that

ppl just take shit too serious while i want a fun yet reasonable game

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only problem I had with spin is that some characters only can punish it for not much at all. Unless they changed it, Kung Lao can still do 10% chip that can be made safe. He still has one of the fastest specials in the game. He still has an incredible move for anti-air. He's still super good...just there's probably just the right amount of risk for a move like spin now (even though it wasn't braindead as is).

Kano...same deal. Proper amount of risk for such a move.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
The only problem I had with spin is that some characters only can punish it for not much at all.
This.

However, the kids who had the tools to punish didn't do so and have been crying nerfs ever since. That was my point.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Yeah. In those particular cases, it was basically "Just learn to punish"...but then again, who wants to learn anymore lol?

But I have no room to talk about punishment. My character punishes too much without much effort lmao.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Punish? What's that? Wait...spin can be punished? Hrmm... I thought everything Kung did was easy and safe like teleports and blocked dive kicks. No? Really? Hrmm... gee