What's new

Combo Video - Cybernetic Kano - Both A brutality combo edit

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)

Check it out! Feedback appreciated, I plan on doing more of these for other characters =]

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
Lol, good time remapping, May wanna put more then one in a video though. Like do all of a character's brutals or 2 or 3 at least.

edit: looks like your blacks got crushed in the video too. if you just exported as a default h.264 MP4 or something that's probably why, the compression can crush the blacks.

Gengar

Lol, good time remapping, May wanna put more then one in a video though. Like do all of a character's brutals or 2 or 3 at least.

edit: looks like your blacks got crushed in the video too. if you just exported as a default h.264 MP4 or something that's probably why, the compression can crush the blacks.
Thank! I think the concept of putting more than one is actually pretty good. I will toy around with the idea for sure. regarding the blacks, i did just export as the default, but it could also just be the CC that i used on it as well, made it darker and on this particular stage the darkness in the background is pretty heavy

FlappyDaniel

Yes, when you color correct you need to make sure not to crush the blacks or whites or a lot of your image is hard to see like it is here, the contrast is too high. I could tell because I assume you used after effects for like your logo and the time remapping.

Gengar

Yes, when you color correct you need to make sure not to crush the blacks or whites or a lot of your image is hard to see like it is here, the contrast is too high. I could tell because I assume you used after effects for like your logo and the time remapping.
yeah, i use AE for most of this stuff. I sync everything up in vegas and then move it over to AE to add effects and CC, then put it all back together in vegas. The logo is actually just a PNG image, just put it on top of the footage in vegas and animate it.

FlappyDaniel

PNGs hold transparency so that's definitely the best idea for that (though you could do in AE easily too). I started with Vegas way back when I started editing too. When you do Levels for color correction move the sliders to within the Leftmost and rightmost peaks (Black and white). I'm talking about the leftmost and rightmost arrow right under the waveform. You would move the left arrow to right to the right of the cyan peak and the rightmost arrow right to the left of where the read waveform trails off (just a bit to the right of the middle arrow). Hopefully my explanation makes sense typed out lol.

Edit: This aint my picture this is just a random one off google of levels.

FlappyDaniel

I believe AE also has like a "Broadcast safe colors" filter that you can play with that will help your darks from being way too dark.

Gengar

Sweet, i did not know about that. your explanation was sound tho, i understood =]I use magic bullet looks for CC, i used to try to do it on my own but looks did all the work for me, granted some of the values could prob use some extra tweaking to get it right instead of sticking with the presets. will adjusting those values affect the CC done by looks? I wanna say as long as i apply the CC that has those adjustable values AFTER i put the looks filter on it should work, but i could be wrong.

I really need to get better at using AE exclusively, im just comfortable with vegas and find it easier to do stuff like syncing there, tho i cant say ive made any truly solid attempts in AE. most of the editing i do is for Gears of war

FlappyDaniel

You shouldn't edit in AE, so you're doing that right. I would actually apply the levels I explained BEFORE adding the magic bullet stuff. But I would be careful with over"Correcting" it with the magic bullet stuff. Magic Bullet is geared towards live action and cinematic applications, you'll find just the levels adjustment I explained to be pretty powerful in most cases. Saturates your colors without crunching your whites or blacks.

edit: I've been editing for like 11-12 years now so I know Vegas,premiere,Final cut, Avid.. Premiere is definitely ideal to work in if you're also working with AE, so consider moving to premiere for your editing if you have a creative cloud subscription or something.

Gengar

I second this
I agree, its a great idea, some of them I cant do tho. The point would be to over edit the combos with a flashy finish, but some brutals only work on block such as Kanos EX air ball and things like Cassies gun and other projectile brutals also dont work in combos. Ive tried doing a combo with quan ending in a full screen trance to get his fireball one, but i cant get it to go off mid combo. id have to skip some, but the idea of doing more of a brutality showcase for each characters flashy brutality combos, where applicable, sounds like a good idea to me.

FlappyDaniel

Some would definitely be hard, I'd be willing to dummy for you tho if you wanted on some harder ones. You could just edit around his on block one, Make it like a "HAHA FUCK YOU ANYWAY!" moment or something, idk.

Gengar

You shouldn't edit in AE, so you're doing that right. I would actually apply the levels I explained BEFORE adding the magic bullet stuff. But I would be careful with over"Correcting" it with the magic bullet stuff. Magic Bullet is geared towards live action and cinematic applications, you'll find just the levels adjustment I explained to be pretty powerful in most cases. Saturates your colors without crunching your whites or blacks.

edit: I've been editing for like 11-12 years now so I know Vegas,premiere,Final cut, Avid.. Premiere is definitely ideal to work in if you're also working with AE, so consider moving to premiere for your editing if you have a creative cloud subscription or something.
Alright, sweet. thanks for the info! i dont have a cloud sub currently but ill def keep that in mind as something to look into

Gengar

Some would definitely be hard, I'd be willing to dummy for you tho if you wanted on some harder ones. You could just edit around his on block one, Make it like a "HAHA FUCK YOU ANYWAY!" moment or something, idk.
yeah, ill have to think about how i want to put it together like that, cuz i would be willing to just have the on block brutaity by itself if i was able to incorporate it well, they def wont work standing on their own, but a good breakdown with kano takling someones top half off while its slown down could work amidst other flashier combos

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
that shit is absolutely epic my dude. i think i enter the buttons too fast almost to the point of button mashing, how do u time it perfectly and keep ur composure enough to follow thru to the end? i need help for real