What's new

Kano Bio-Magnetic Pull Unlisted Move

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist

I'm not sure why it isn't shown in the move list, but it is possible to cancel Kano's Blade Toss in his Bio-Magnetic Pull if you have it equipped, even after the amplified version.

To perform it just press db1 after bf1 or bf1AMP.

The cancel is quite resource heavy though at the price of 1 bar, 2 if you amplify the projectile first, but it does combo which is pretty nice.

Considering that Bio-Magnetic Pull is still +1 on hit, the 1 bar version might still have occasional use. The 2 bar combos on the other hand are so not worth it.

Keep in mind though that the cancel is not possible with Optic Blast.

I don't think Bio-Magnetic Pull is in any competitive variation, so most of you probably won't care, but I'm quite happy with this find!

Last edited:

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Yeah I found this move fairly early after getting the game and messing with Kano variations. Another reason why I think NRS should add a third tourney variation so no abilities are overlooked and there's more choice.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Or let us customize ourselves and save themselves from the hassle :DOGE
The only thing I don't like about that is in an actual tournament, you could have absolutely no idea what your opponent has... so you're anticipating a special and a different one comes out instead. The thing I like about tournament variations is you know what comes with what, so there's no surprises when you've seen a certain matchup before.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
The only thing I don't like about that is in an actual tournament, you could have absolutely no idea what your opponent has... so you're anticipating a special and a different one comes out instead. The thing I like about tournament variations is you know what comes with what, so there's no surprises when you've seen a certain matchup before.
Agreed. It's the only issue they could work on. They should've from the getgo, tbh, since custom variations were so advertised. I presume somewhere down the line it'll be worked out though.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
People posted clever UI ideas that would solve that issue. Regardless custom variations in tournaments have been discussed a lot already.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
ya, i'm not sure why they don't have a summary of the gear/abilities for each character on the loading screen like they did for Injustice2. I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up in a future update

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
People posted clever UI ideas that would solve that issue. Regardless custom variations in tournaments have been discussed a lot already.
From what I've seen, pretty much everyone in the tournament scene is in favor of customs in a tournament setting. Hopefully that has some influence.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Anyone think having custom variations will delay tournaments? You'd probably have to sign into your profile and all that, how many people forget their passwords? People blaming their loss on not being able to sign in and use their customer loadouts.

I can already see the meltdown. Lol

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Anyone think having custom variations will delay tournaments? You'd probably have to sign into your profile and all that, how many people forget their passwords? People blaming their loss on not being able to sign in and use their customer loadouts.

I can already see the meltdown. Lol
Again: check out the UI ideas provided by the community. They solved that issue too.

What a crazy thing to not have listed as possible anywhere in the game.

I know Shao's amplified annihilation has 246 frames of cancel advantage shown in the practice mode frame data, but I couldn't get it to cancel into anything.

Lokheit

Noob
Erron's moveset doesn't say that for unmodified rifle you can hold 4 to recharge extra bullets (it's just not as fast as the kustom version) and that if you hold up after any move that normally ends the stance, you keep the stance going.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Erron's moveset doesn't say that for unmodified rifle you can hold 4 to recharge extra bullets (it's just not as fast as the kustom version) and that if you hold up after any move that normally ends the stance, you keep the stance going.
Shit, I didn’t know that.
Thanks.

kantboy-2

Ripper
I've used that since getting the game.

Another cool thing it does is that if you toss a knife and the opponent ducks, you can call back the knife to hit them from behind if they rise to try to punish if they are around mid-screen range.

Also cool; any knife stuck to the opponent gets pulled out for additional damage from bio-pull.

Sorry if you covered that in the video, but I can't watch it at the moment.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I've used that since getting the game.

Another cool thing it does is that if you toss a knife and the opponent ducks, you can call back the knife to hit them from behind if they rise to try to punish if they are around mid-screen range.

Also cool; any knife stuck to the opponent gets pulled out for additional damage from bio-pull.

Sorry if you covered that in the video, but I can't watch it at the moment.
I was just about to talk about it!! In fact, I had to delete my post because I had not seen yours jajaja.
Perhaps, this cancel was intented to be some kind of zoning or setup tool. I´ve been messing around with it, but I haven't found anything interesting yet as the knife comes back very slowly. The only thing that could have some interest is that I was able (in the lab) to start a combo from a knockdown after the knife hit the opponent in his way back. Have you find any circumstance in which it is really useful to start some combo or pressure?