What's new

Kabal vs Cyrax

Can someone explain to me why Kabal vs Cyrax is labeled as being in Kabal's favor? I had to stop playing my Cyrax friend online because it just seems like I can't win at all. Why would I spend countless hours working on nomad dash cancels and instant airs when I die after being caught in one net? Cyrax can just throw nets all day and hope for his net to land. My 8% gas blasts are nothing compared to his 70% or higher resets. I think we can all agree that after watching EMP VSM Maxter and EMP Perfect Legend, it's obvious that Cyrax has the advantage in this matchup. EMP Perfect Legend looked completely helpless against Cyrax. Should I start counterpicking Cyrax or should I just accept the fact that he is #1 in the game?

Stop shooting iagb like a moron.
Thanks, friend.

Be smart with your zoning and you'll see why he has the advantage.
I wish it was that easy. Are you saying that Cyrax' damage has absolutely no effect on this matchup? You do realize that he can kill you with one touch, right? I mean, I could always do an enhanced nomad dash when I see a net, but even then I'll only be able to get 23% unless I decide to finish the combo with the overhead blades instead of the reset (which is starting to look like a good option in this matchup).

Lulzlou

Noob
Thanks, friend.

I wish it was that easy. Are you saying that Cyrax' damage has absolutely no effect on this matchup? You do realize that he can kill you with one touch, right? I mean, I could always do an enhanced nomad dash when I see a net, but even then I'll only be able to get 23% unless I decide to finish the combo with the overhead blades instead of the reset (which is starting to look like a good option in this matchup).
Cyrax's damage is a problem yes, but its still in kabals favor. Where you are wrong is ending the combo with the overhead instead of the reset. The reset gives kabal a lot of options since he is forced to block afterwards and leads into a mix up. Ending the combo with the overhead just gives him more meter instead of you. Only enhanced dash when you need the life lead, thats the only point in the mu imo. Also only throw a saw when you react to him throwing a bomb a tad bit late.

If you are just a troll, which I'm assuming you are, then I love you.
If not, tell your cyrax friend to play me online.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Iagb make this match a problem but a very patient cyrax that exploits all of his best options is very hard to fight. This is still in kabals favor

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Easy.

Kabal doesn't need Meter to beat Cyrax.
Kabal builds Meter beter than just about anyone in the game.
Kabal plays keepaway with Cyrax better than anyone in the game.
Therefore, Kabal can play the distance game with him better than ANYONE in the game.
None of his attacks can, on reaction, beat EX Nomad Dash pressure reset. None of them.
D1 is 6 frames, but it's negative on block ans susceptible to anything.
D4 into Saw or Ragdoll seems like a good idea, but against a well-timed Kabal...no. Just...no.

Momentum

Proud owner of the briefcase hitbox
To be honest I feel this is a 6-4, not a 7-3. Most people make it on the assumption that Kabal outzones cyrax.
Any decent cyrax player won't TRY to zone you. He'll be patient and just crouch under your iagbs until he's close and that's where the risk/reward is far in cyrax's favour. I
t takes 26 gas blasts to build 1 bar of meter. Only an absolute cleft needs that many gas blasts to get close enough to a kabal player
Saw isn't an option either as 2 of cyrax's options around it lead to 100% damage

The problem with this mathup is that Kabal can build too much meter forcing you to go through an obstacle course. it's not only gas blasts, it's the saws and his dash/fake/retreat gimmicks. You can get in but you have to be careful. You have to do alot of guesswork. One wrong guess and you're back to square one . By the time you get him he has enough meter to break and begin the running away process again. You can't zone or you get blown up, and teleporting gets you blown up. Did I mention Kabal has an armored bullshit cancellable dash that can be used to counter zone, counter poke, flash parry into another reset, etc.? Kabal is a bullshit broken character, as is Cyrax, but Cyrax is clearly at a disadvantage in this match.

Momentum

The problem with this mathup is that Kabal can build too much meter forcing you to go through an obstacle course. it's not only gas blasts, it's the saws and his dash/fake/retreat gimmicks. You can get in but you have to be careful. You have to do alot of guesswork. One wrong guess and you're back to square one . By the time you get him he has enough meter to break and begin the running away process again. You can't zone or you get blown up, and teleporting gets you blown up. Did I mention Kabal has an armored bullshit cancellable dash that can be used to counter zone, counter poke, flash parry into another reset, etc.? Kabal is a bullshit broken character, as is Cyrax, but Cyrax is clearly at a disadvantage in this match.
Cyrax is at disadvantage but its definitely not as hard for him as johnny cage is for jax.
You can jump the saws on reaction from outside jump distance
As for the totally broken enhanced dash? It does cost 1 bar of meter which I'll remind you is 26.83 gas blasts. Which is probably about 2 guesses the cyrax player has to make to almost kill you (if he doesn't want to teleport).
As far as i know if the cyrax player reads an iagb and teleports, he'll just have to eat a block string and that's actually a great situation for the cyrax player. Up close there are so many openings for a net, even random ones. The risk reward is ALWAYS worth it up close

Edit: Oh and cyrax doesn't even have to guess from outside jump distance. So it's not like he's going to eat 50 gas blasts trying to make the right reads

Lulzlou

Noob
Cyrax is at disadvantage but its definitely not as hard for him as johnny cage is for jax.
You can jump the saws on reaction from outside jump distance
As for the totally broken enhanced dash? It does cost 1 bar of meter which I'll remind you is 26.83 gas blasts. Which is probably about 2 guesses the cyrax player has to make to almost kill you (if he doesn't want to teleport).
As far as i know if the cyrax player reads an iagb and teleports, he'll just have to eat a block string and that's actually a great situation for the cyrax player. Up close there are so many openings for a net, even random ones. The risk reward is ALWAYS worth it up close

Edit: Oh and cyrax doesn't even have to guess from outside jump distance. So it's not like he's going to eat 50 gas blasts trying to make the right reads
If you think kabal wins this match up by brain dead zoning then you are wrong lol

its 7-3
Cyblax is 6-4

Momentum

If you think kabal wins this match up by brain dead zoning then you are wrong lol

its 7-3
Cyblax is 6-4
I never said he wins it by "brain dead zoning".
I'm just saying it's really not that difficult for a very experienced cyrax to get in on kabal and once he's in the risk/reward favours cyrax

Lulzlou

Noob
I never said he wins it by "brain dead zoning".
I'm just saying it's really not that difficult for a very experienced cyrax to get in on kabal and once he's in the risk/reward favours cyrax
If you are zoning right the cyrax's problem isn't how he is going to get in. He should be thinking what is kabal going to throw at him. Teleports are too unsafe unless he read the kabal player is going to use iagb many times in a row.

B Pryme

Noob

its 7-3
Cyblax is 6-4
7-3 lololol you know that isn't right. How many high level cyrax have you actually played? I'm not gonna lie it's a tough matchup for rax but no way is it 7-3 against robo rax.

Momentum

If you are zoning right the cyrax's problem isn't how he is going to get in. He should be thinking what is kabal going to throw at him. Teleports are too unsafe unless he read the kabal player is going to use iagb many times in a row.
If cyrax is outside jump distance he can react to what projectile is being put out. He doesn't even HAVE to use teleport.
Just to clarify i'm not saying that Kabals zoning is bad vs cyraxbut it's not as good as everyone thinks. Essentially kabal CANT use saw. If he trades with a net he eats ~80%. That means he
just needs to get the trade 1 out of 10 times to be even

Lulzlou

Noob
If cyrax is outside jump distance he can react to what projectile is being put out. He doesn't even HAVE to use teleport.
Just to clarify i'm not saying that Kabals zoning is bad vs cyraxbut it's not as good as everyone thinks. Essentially kabal CANT use saw. If he trades with a net he eats ~80%. That means he
just needs to get the trade 1 out of 10 times to be even
Why do I even have to throw anything out if I have a life/meter lead? Cyrax can throw nets/bombs all day when I have the lead but that doesn't do anything if I'm being lame as fuck.

7-3 lololol you know that isn't right. How many high level cyrax have you actually played? I'm not gonna lie it's a tough matchup for rax but no way is it 7-3 against robo rax.
You are right, my opinion doesn't matter because I haven't played a lot of Cyrax's.
J360

Momentum

Why do I even have to throw anything out if I have a life/meter lead? Cyrax can throw nets/bombs all day when I have the lead but that doesn't do anything if I'm being lame as fuck.
If you dont throw anything out he gets beside you. then you have to worry about nets

Momentum

he can't throw anything out safely if he has to come to kabal.
he doesnt need to be safe though. Thats the point. kabal has to guess right 3 times more than cyrax up close.
If you even try counter poke and he does d1~net you're practically dead. That respect off everything grants the cyrax player so many options

Lulzlou

Noob
he doesnt need to be safe though. Thats the point. kabal has to guess right 3 times more than cyrax up close.
If you even try counter poke and he does d1~net you're practically dead. That respect off everything grants the cyrax player so many options
d1~net? There is a 17Frame gap on block between the d1 and the net. I'll f4 that d1 every time.

He does need to be safe. The fact that he has to come to kabal gives him a lot of room to make mistakes.