What's new

Video/Tutorial Kabal & Kratos Toasty Boost Tag Combo

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
This is a Toasty Boost combo I threw together when I was messing around in Tag mode with Kabal & Kratos. Some of you have probably seen my old Kabal & Kratos tag combo video. This combo is like some of those from that video, but this combo features a Toasty Boost. I even threw in a little stage transition at the end for fun.

For those who have not seen my Kabal & Kratos tag combo video that was posted on Machinima Respawn, here it is. I actually took a lot of time on it, so its a pretty good video. It was posted almost 1 year ago, but Kratos and Kabal were already completey patched.

wtf, it changed level from day to night? .... is this possible on other levels? change rooftop day to night, lol so much for zoning advantage

Very amazing, Mr. Lantern!

You're right, that's so messed up! Is that a tag assist exclusive thing, or does his EX Bow always lose over 1 bar? Alien Substance ?
Made some tests: Apollo's Inferno costs more than one whole bar (104.011% is my estimation) when used as a Tag Assist.
(Thanks Aidan for your Meter-Building Data!)

I also tested the "Tag Assists take 1.4.011% of a bar" thing with Cyber Subby 'n Sektor, and they are also affected by this; this leads me to the conclusion it is universal across all Tag Assists.

Tested on the PS3 and PSV versions of MK9.

Tag assists use more than one bar of meter... So in a tag combo you can only do 2 tag assists only with a max bar.
Ah, well that seems to be an intentional feature of Tag Assists then.
it took 8 times watching to realize the clock disappears. the health is the same, the positioning is the same, who he's comboing, etc
Clock disappears? I assume Tyler did not want to go for another Toasty Boost for the beginning of the second clip and went to practice mode; if only because Dan Forden isn't guaranteed to give Kabal free toast after that B+1,2,1.

TylerLantern

POWER OF FEAR
Ah, well that seems to be an intentional feature of Tag Assists then.

Clock disappears? I assume Tyler did not want to go for another Toasty Boost for the beginning of the second clip and went to practice mode; if only because Dan Forden isn't guaranteed to give Kabal free toast after that B+1,2,1.
Yeah, that is exactly what I did. I just did the transition for fun. I meant to do the combo with no time so it would look perfect, but I didnt want to re-do the combo because it takes forever to get a Toasty Boost.

And yeah, every Tag assist chained to a string takes a little bit more than 1 bar. I guess they did this to stop 3 tag assists from being done in 1 combo.