Kabal Top 5

• Sure...

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
Was in a lab with kabal and found this cool tech with kabal that can easily distort opponents wakeup game, and if getting hit opponent will still take damage from the Saw blade.

i do Sweep, Dash and instantly cancel with ground saw

Here's a short video

New? Old? Viable?

Discuss

It's a bit old and new. Kabal has many ways to disable wakeups.
But this is the first ti'me that I've seen him to it meterless.
Have you tested against people or the AI?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
ya might want to take into account with some of the wakeups that the invincible frames dont work right on ex wakeup attacks in training mode unless tab is set to human

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
The saw still hits or they take damage
invincible, its not like with armor where they take damage.
like with jax dash punch the saw hits cause he flies the other way but im pretty sure mileena ex tele would not of been stuffed with 20 invincible frames on it.
what happens to the setup on tech roll also?
im guessing if they choose to lay on the ground the saw otgs and picks them up?

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
invincible, its not like with armor where they take damage.
like with jax dash punch the saw hits cause he flies the other way but im pretty sure mileena ex tele would not of been stuffed with 20 invincible frames on it.
what happens to the setup on tech roll also?
im guessing if they choose to lay on the ground the saw otgs and picks them up?
Yeah i guess you're right. if using EX dash u can still do this if they roll and the saw otgs.
Seems like its more of a gimmick but its still a nice way to mess up the wakeup game

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
mix this up with throws, f4's and flash parry's, that outta give em hell ;D

eskuAdradit0

"Thanks" button abuser.
if they just hold block after the knockdown dont you get the nd blocked and full combo punished?
...ND is not an OTG. I don't think that happens unless they stand up right when kabal is close to them, but then they could risk it and stand when kabal throws his buzzsaw.

Old yes, Viable...not really....if they don't tech roll, it will work...if they they tech roll and block (which happens 95% of the time) Kabal is screwed
You can see if they roll before the dash can come though. Then again, i don't see sweep being used all that much. This might happen once in a blue moon and catch them.

AC1984

Kaballin!
I use the sweep all the time.....I don't go for that after playing Maxter and my buddy Swift....they all know how to deal with it.....If you wait for tech roll, the whole point of reversing the wake up is gone....When you sweep them, do the dash as fast as possible and take a risk....thats where the trick works.....

Lulzlou

Noob
I figured out a sweep set ups back before ECT4 in june. The problem with it is that people usually respect kabal after the sweep. What I usually do now is dash over and d3 to pick them up. Its match up dependent as far as effectiveness goes. A good example is when JC is trying to get in, sweep to start the set up. From there you can either walk back then continue zoning or dash over him for even more options. It works best against characters that try to get in on kabal.

I've actually tried it against a human and it works well. There is a lot of wakes up you can blow up even if there is a tech roll involved.

This is how you deal with tech rolls. Its tough to do for the timing because you can mess up and get blown up for it.

AC1984

Kaballin!
Good stuff, as u mentioned....the timing is tough so imo the risk is not even worth it. most of the cast can punish it big time...the only time i would attempt that is to get out of the corner or something.....after 212 however i would totally attempt the crossup thing...

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I was going to post about the tech roll but AC and Lulz beat me to it.

You also have to be careful against characters who can punish a blocked Saw. Even Kitana's slow ass 11 frame standing 2 can punish it for 50%.