What's new

Kabal And The Pad.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
So I can't help but think Kaballin' would be easier if I changed up my configuration a bit.

Two questions:
1. What layout do you guys use?
Change your block to R1? Punches on 1 & 3? Hold the pad upside down?
I know a lot of folks take issue with the default scheme, so I figured I'd query.

2. iAGBs: easier in the D-Pad or analog sticks?
I can mash them on the pad, but they're a bit too inconsistent for my liking.

I don't change anything. I use a WWE Brawl pad. IAGB's are hell of a lot easier to do on pad, pretty much everything is compared to the analog stick.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I'll give it a shot, amigo. I don't know how I feel about playing him regularly, but I'm gonna feel like an unaccomplished asshole if I don't figure him out and learn how to make use of him.

Do you have an actual main? You pick up a new character every week lol.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Or so he says...

*cough* ermac *cough* :p
Lulz.
Mac's where the majority of my focus is at the moment, but he can't be #1. Needs psychic bombs.
My list goes: Cy, Lao, and in no particular order, Mac, Sub, and Quan.
My desire to Kaball is solely to prove to myself that I can.
At this point, I feel like I'm doing myself a disservice not figuring him out.

archon

Noob
I have block set to L1 (with stance switch on R2), though this was just to prevent excess wear on my PS3 pad's trigger. It might make Nomad dash cancels easier since you'd be cancelling by holding back + block with the same hand. You'd also be activating the dash with your right hand hitting 4 and cancelling it with your left; the actions would be separated in a weird psychosomatic way.

For IAGBs, hit up+back, back 1. The Playstation d-pad is fine for this. I'm used to the motion from doing instant air-dashes with Twelve in Third Strike, though. Like anything, just turn on input display in training mode, try your moves, and see what's going wrong. Check your inputs and correct errors.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I don't know how I feel about playing him regularly, but I'm gonna feel like an unaccomplished asshole if I don't figure him out and learn how to make use of him.
My desire to Kaball is solely to prove to myself that I can.
At this point, I feel like I'm doing myself a disservice not figuring him out.
Same reason why I was practicing him...

PS: Oh, and Krayzie uses default PS3 pad and configuration.. He's very consistent too.

Ironheart

I just recently picked Kabal back up, and doing NDCs on pad has been hit or miss for me. IAGB works fine offline, but online the timing is a little weird so sometimes i dont get it out at a low enough point to hit grounded opponents. I just recently switched the block button to R1, and it makes NDCs easier, but I also end up doing EN moves by accident more often. I'm gonna try Archon's method later today though

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
pad is good if you can co-ordinate your fingers to alternate well. Try doing:

bf4 - b(blk) - f4 - b(blk) f4 etc and you should be able to pull the cancel off each time with negetive edge/input leniency taking care or the rest for you, thats really the basis of most of his cancels, just fast fingerwork and not getting mixed up (pushing b4 and sweeping will probably not be that great)

I didnt even know people actually change their configurations for Kabal. He's not that difficult, I pull off 2~NDC all the time. What I suggest doing is just practicing IAGBs for awhile and then move on to the ndc pressure. I went from using a brawl pad to ps2 pad and it's a hell of a difference but I can play on both of them. Just takes a little time.