What's new

K&M - "High Level" Matches

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
I think you’re exaggerating a bit, but I agree overall. Not a fan of comeback mechanics in general. In a casual setting or vs the AI, sure. I actually hope that fatal blows are turned off in competitive play or the damage is toned down but I doubt either will happen.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
FBs in that build did have armor, just not all the way through startup. So at least you can stuff it unlike most ultras in sf4.

I mean its 1 to 1 a tekken 7 rage art, so its not intolerable, but they suck in T7 anyway. Same with ultras.

I think one per match will reduce the monotony of it enough. If it gets stuffed it shouldn't recharge. Then there's some resource management there.

Last edited:

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
To clarify, I just don’t like the idea of fighting games rewarding losing. I understand this mechanic is similar to mechanics in other games that are well received, and I’ve yet to play the game, but I’m not crazy about it.

It makes sense in the context of Johnny Cage or Jason where it is a unique character trait that their damage potential is.....amplified......lul.....when they’re critically injured. But as a blanket ability, I’m not sure.

I fully acknowledge I could end up loving the mechanic and it could lead to more competitive and hype sets, but I worry about character archetypes that are designed to get out to a life lead and then protect it (zoners, defensive characters) and how it could affect that.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
i really want to see more Geras gameplay, at high level. He is the most interesting character of them all.
This is not high-level, but it’s interesting. You get to see how his moves work, and it’s pretty awesome. This guy went into a tower on very easy, just to test out the moves and explain them. It got me even more interested in the character for sure.

Last edited:

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Am I really the only one not worried about FBs at all?

I cannot understand the outrage at all. FBs dont even seem to have invincible frames or armor. So why would it be such a danger? In Tekken we would get Ragearts every round and we all were fine with it.

Just wait until we get more information.
Because the internet needs outrage to survive.

Now...
RAAAAAAGE!!!

CG Nino

Noob
These sets kinda worry me a little. I just think the "Fatal Blow" mechanism could be anti-hype.

If we look at how FB is used in these fights.. I think it is showing a real issue in how matches are brought to a conclusion.

Remember FB becomes available when YOUR health drops...

Situation A
  • Round 3
  • No one has used FB
In this situation hurting your opponent is actually a huge disadvantage. As soon as they get to FB territory from you damaging them. They have FB and you don't and then they can one shot you. So in a Round 3, and both with FB up.. the person playing better is probably likely to loose more often. As they will drop the other down quicker, and in all fairness by they time you have FB up from them damaging you, you have done enough damage to them that your FB is going to one shot the person playing better. Or you bring them down to chip territory.

Situation B
  • Round 3
  • One player has FB, one player has spent it
In this situation, the person that has spent the FB is practically out of the running to win. If they play well, they face FB threat, while they do not have the ability to do the same back. It is basically the same situation as A, but if the FB dose not one shot kill, there is no answering FB risk. The person without FB is effectively fighting with 1/4 of the bar missing.

Its just an ultra that can only be used once per game, or a rage mechanic in tekken. I wouldn't worry about it. All games have some type of comeback mechanic now, it's unavoidable, the good thing is this one is only applicable ONCE per GAME instead of once per round like most games. It's a good implementation of a mechanic most people don't like but will basically always be done in modern games. The good news is it is not armor frame one so it is less strong then other games, it is a big combo extension essentially but you have some decision making in which round to use it so it has a little thinkums behind it where others are free in other games every round. People hated fadc ultra in sf4 as well, but that's because you got it for free separate from your meter like this game, that was guaranteed every round though unlike here. It's ok!

The game looks gorgeous, but man, those animations and movements look so heavy. It almost seems like Im watching a wrestling a game. I was instantly in love with all of NRS's modern games at their reveals, but this one Im on the fence on.