What's new

Justin Wong vs. Sonic Fox Ft5 Online

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Everyone (including justin) knows the online in this game sucks so if you choose to play in that environment that is what you have to deal with. If you dont like getting burned dont play with fire. They will meet offline at some point anyway and we will see how it goes down with out lag
Ok? I just said I feel bad for him because of how bad their connection would have been. Having to preemptively block setups that require overhead or low guessing anyway because of input delay is a pain in the ass.
I'm surprised my post was misinterpreted so much.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i played ssf4 on xbox 360 2010-2011 and that was the best online experience for me.
online can be fun with the right netcode (and good game too) :D
if you have offline competition, thats nice for you :)
We've tried online competition with street fighter and it was pretty acceptable, and pretty fun, even with my shitty connection we, played and punish a guile player from portugal, he ended up rage quitting.
MKX we haven't tried yet, but we might, but as far as things go in this game, i don't see it as a mean to level up in order to play on a offline tournament.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
You really think that? It's generally regarded as being one of the better fighting game online experiences, and I agree with that. Rarely do I ever have a problem with input delay or my game turning into a slide show.
It's really not that good. Is it better than what people were used to in 2009? Yessir. But great? Meh. It was playable, and that's as far as I'd go with it. It just happened to be more playable than most other fighting games. Dropping 2 or 3 frame links you otherwise can do without much of a care in the world on the regular, missing reversals constantly, no anti-airs, mistimed focus attacks, etc.

Yeah, the delay could be minimized with a better connection. Admittedly, I don't have that kind of access. But 3S on GGPO working extremely well with a friend from Germany back in 2008, when my connection was only at 1mbps upload, is my opinion of great. Anything less is "playable".

That's probably why I don't think MKX is this super godawful online experience. I expected "playable at best", and that's what I got. Better than expected for me, actually.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
It's really not that good. Is it better than what people were used to in 2009? Yessir. But great? Meh. It was playable, and that's as far as I'd go with it. It just happened to be more playable than most other fighting games. Dropping 2 or 3 frame links you otherwise can do without much of a care in the world on the regular, missing reversals constantly, no anti-airs, mistimed focus attacks, etc.

Yeah, the delay could be minimized with a better connection. Admittedly, I don't have that kind of access. But 3S on GGPO working extremely well with a friend from Germany back in 2008, when my connection was only at 1mbps upload, is my opinion of great. Anything less is "playable".

That's probably why I don't think MKX is this super godawful online experience. I expected "playable at best", and that's what I got. Better than expected for me, actually.
In all honesty how would you compare the online experience of MKX vs SFIV in terms of playability, stability and functionality? You are kinda making it sound like they are pretty much equal in terms of performance.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
Awesome set, fox has some nasty mixups

SFIV online was never good.
What games ran better online? This isn't a challenge, I just haven't played a lot of FGs. I know KI is supposed to be really good, but I thought SFIV was supposed to be one of the best ones? I played on shitty-ass PS3 and I still thought it wasn't bad.

Zebster

How's my volume?

What games ran better online? This isn't a challenge, I just haven't played a lot of FGs. I know KI is supposed to be really good, but I thought SFIV was supposed to be one of the best ones? I played on shitty-ass PS3 and I still thought it wasn't bad.
Any fighter that uses rollback netcode runs better than SF4 online. This includes KI, Skullgirls, Marvel vs Capcom origins, Darkstalkers Resurrection (apparently the best of them all), and Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Online.

Then for games that do use input lag based netcode like MKX, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 runs much better online (and I don't mean in select situation either, I mean consistently even with bad connections on either players part due to how they implemented the netcode).

dont worry, ssf4 on xbl (not usf4) was one of the best online games of all times. thats the opinion of the majority of the fgc :)

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
In all honesty how would you compare the online experience of MKX vs SFIV in terms of playability, stability and functionality? You are kinda making it sound like they are pretty much equal in terms of performance.
They're pretty close. SFIV is really sensitive to delay, to be 100% honest. MKX is, too, but IMO SFIV is moreso. So it might have, like, what, 2-4 frames of delay less in my experience, but because the game is super sensitive anyway when it comes to everything, it still feels just as annoying.

As for games that ran better, I've heard nothing but good things about BlazBlue, though if I'm not mistaken, that's largely due to how the game handles inputs in the first place. Even then, I heard it still functioned better than SFIV. SFxT, tbh, was better after the fixes. That's by default, though, being roll back. VF5's netcode is really good, too. It's not foolproof, but it's by far the best delay-based experience I've ever had.

I've always gone to play SFIV, then just stopped because the online was just so annoying, IMO. I am not having issues with MKX, though, because the delay, to me, feels pretty close, but the game isn't nearly as sensitive and I didn't expect much out of the online anyway if it wasn't roll back.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
Yoooo I loved when they released 3SOE soooo hype!