What's new

Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox Movie

I'm also curious, are there any good ones on Netflix I should watch? Preferably not Batman or Supermans stand alones, since I hate those two.
I've heard good things about Wonder Woman (about 2009 i think) and Green Lantern: First Flight is cool, but i don't know if they are in Netflix.

RavenDSkull

Lost between choices.
About the movie: despite not going into the individual series (which are pretty good) and changing things to adapt to a shorter plot, I actually liked it. A good portrayal of Flash, nice fights, and the central plot is mostly intact.

187x

Noob
What films are better? I liked this one a lot and def want to check out more DC animated films.
some of my favorites no order
-
superman batman apocalypse
batman under the readhood (my favorite)
superman batman public enemies (my favorite)
superman doomsday
justice league crisis on two earths
justice league doom (was alright)
superman vs the elite
batman the dark knight returns
batman mask of phantasm (90s classic)

How could you forget the excellent Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker? Probably my favorite film out of any DC animated feature.

But this movie was on point. As a Flash showcase, it totally delivered to me more than the usual Batman/Superman fare that we get and the Wonder Woman/Green Lantern stories that were released earlier. Flash feels fast for once. It's not really a Justice League movie, despite the title, but features plenty of heroes and villians in unique roles like the fun story in Crisis on Two Earths.

The film at least felt longer than the usual 75 minute limit that was placed on previous films, which usually messes up the pacing and forces them to rush the story, which this film didn't suffer from, other than maybe not exploring Barry's alternative life as much as they could have.

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
What films are better? I liked this one a lot and def want to check out more DC animated films.
Animated movies
Batman: Mask of Phantasm
Superman: Doomsday
Wonder Woman (2009)
Superman/Batman apocalypse
Batman: Under the Red Hood
Green Lantern: Emerald Knights
Batman: Year one

DC Showcase original shorts
Jonah Hex
Spectre
Green Arrow
Superman/Shazam: Return of Black Adam
Catwoman

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I watched this yesterday. I was really pleased with it, as it stuck pretty damn close to the story and was very entertaining for me to watch.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
it must be super hard to walk the line of .... do we cater to adults... or to kids?
Since ya know.... both read/watch these things.

That has GOT to suck. Such a limitation.

Reedoms

Noob
Best dc animated film yet
That's a stretch. Under the Red Hood and New Frontier are easily better plot and animation wise.

it must be super hard to walk the line of .... do we cater to adults... or to kids?
Since ya know.... both read/watch these things.

That has GOT to suck. Such a limitation.
Most people who actually buy comics are people in their early to late 20's. Kids don't read comics anymore. They play vidya games and watch movies about them.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
That's a stretch. Under the Red Hood and New Frontier are easily better plot and animation wise.

Most people who actually buy comics are people in their early to late 20's. Kids don't read comics anymore. They play vidya games and watch movies about them.
they have the comics in digital form
and if I had a kid, i'd def. introduce them to these comics as well as the old ones.

its just a fine line you have to walk ... because they are hero's. Kids want to be hero's, want to look up to them, be them. You have to teach kids strong right and wrongs. Stealing money is bad, killing is bad etc etc

Adults also want to look up to them, see how they handle moral situations. We caught the joker... now what? Jason Todd is murdered...
WW hits on Superman..... what about Lois Lane. More adult oriented morals... because we know that killing is bad.

See what i'm saying?

Reedoms

Noob
they have the comics in digital form
and if I had a kid, i'd def. introduce them to these comics as well as the old ones.

its just a fine line you have to walk ... because they are hero's. Kids want to be hero's, want to look up to them, be them. You have to teach kids strong right and wrongs. Stealing money is bad, killing is bad etc etc

Adults also want to look up to them, see how they handle moral situations. We caught the joker... now what? Jason Todd is murdered...
WW hits on Superman..... what about Lois Lane. More adult oriented morals... because we know that killing is bad.

See what i'm saying?
Not really. Most 'kid oriented' books sell less than 10k a month digital or not. Hell, most major books can't break over 150k anymore since Marvel fucked over the industry a few decades ago. People just don't read comics anymore. It doesn't help that the only place you can buy them is either online or in specialty shops.

Cylith

Amazonian Speed Force
While I did love the movie, I felt sometimes the violence got a little much and some of the character designs felt very awkward, especially Aquaman. I still prefer Doom and Crisis on Two Earths, but this one was awesome all the same.

That costume for Wonder Woman though... god damn was it awesome~
That costume is in her concept art. NRS thought about it and said no essentially. Probably because the Ami-Comi is similar, but not as good as this one IMO.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
I loved it. I liked the violence. I thought the story was good. I'm hoping that they do another movie involving Thomas Wayne & The joker. That left me wanting more. All they gave us was a little teaser scene. I didn't like that Aquaman looked like he belonged in the WWE though lol.

Might seem shallow saying this, but the main appeal for this movie for me was the violence. The ridiculously moral/ upright super heroes and so called sadistic villains that never manage to brutally take people lives in other comics/movies made me tired of this genre in general. Seeing the exact opposite is what made this movie refreshing and entertaining.

Gruff757

The Gruff
Might seem shallow saying this, but the main appeal for this movie for me was the violence. The ridiculously moral/ upright super heroes and so called sadistic villains that never manage to brutally take people lives in other comics/movies made me tired of this genre in general. Seeing the exact opposite is what made this movie refreshing and entertaining.
have you read superhero comics lately? shit gets crazy man

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
It was interesting to see the different take on all the heroes. Especially WonderWoman, how could she do...to...and start..

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Is Cyborg something of a writers pet these days? They seem to make him the most capable person on the team in everything besides maybe Batman. I like Cyborg just noticing especially in this and Justice League Doom that everyone's all like "oh Cyborg you're so awesome, you're the hero we deserve" not to mention apparently he's a founding member of the Justice League now.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.

And buy toys and apparel.