What's new

Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox Movie

Just got done watching it and WOW it was amazing. I really loved it, I didn't think I would like it too much as I don't like the Flash all that much but wow you get connected with the character so much. Changing one moment in time can change everything in the world, damn that's crazy.

Also etrigan was a total BAD ASS

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
Got to see it before official release....
It's mediocre. There's way too much left untouched compared to the original source material which is MONEY.
It is one of those movies that would have been great had it been made 6 years ago and by a different team. A lot of the story gets lost in the action. Still, it is a very pretty movie (HA!). I looks good. The parts of the story that aren't lost are awesome.
Read the comic books or buy the trades.
I mean, the story is only 3 years old.
I have a couple of comics and it is much more coherent.
And this is by far NOT the greatest DC movie ever made or greatest story DC has ever told. I was kinda disappointed but I AM A NERD!

Reedoms

Noob
Got to see it before official release....
It's mediocre. There's way too much left untouched compared to the original source material which is MONEY.
It is one of those movies that would have been great had it been made 6 years ago and by a different team. A lot of the story gets lost in the action. Still, it is a very pretty movie (HA!). I looks good. The parts of the story that aren't lost are awesome.
Read the comic books or buy the trades.
I mean, the story is only 3 years old.
I have a couple of comics and it is much more coherent.
And this is by far NOT the greatest DC movie ever made or greatest story DC has ever told. I was kinda disappointed but I AM A NERD!
There's only so much you can fit in an hour and half movie. I think they fit in enough of the story for it to be good on its on and touched up some of the stupider shit (Lex being eaten by Krypto just to show how evil he was) but they could've fit more of the Project Superman stuff in. He sorta just flew off and appeared at the end for no reason.

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
There's only so much you can fit in an hour and half movie. I think they fit in enough of the story for it to be good on its on and touched up some of the stupider shit (Lex being eaten by Krypto just to show how evil he was) but they could've fit more of the Project Superman stuff in. He sorta just flew off and appeared at the end for no reason.
The movie was shit. That's my opinion. If you like it, good for you.

Not really. Most 'kid oriented' books sell less than 10k a month digital or not. Hell, most major books can't break over 150k anymore since Marvel fucked over the industry a few decades ago. People just don't read comics anymore. It doesn't help that the only place you can buy them is either online or in specialty shops.

also doesn't help when you can get them digitally AND free (if u know where to look) at that.

Just got done watching it and WOW it was amazing. I really loved it, I didn't think I would like it too much as I don't like the Flash all that much but wow you get connected with the character so much. Changing one moment in time can change everything in the world, damn that's crazy.

Also etrigan was a total BAD ASS

droppin rhymes like there was no tomorr-oh wait. bwahahahaha.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I have it and it's awsome as hell. It's easily one of DC's top animated movies at this point imo.

Red Venom

The Main Man of TYM
FUUUU guys I just saw this movie, it made me feel really bad for Supes and because of Injustice I've had a huge hatred for him LOL

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Is Cyborg something of a writers pet these days? They seem to make him the most capable person on the team in everything besides maybe Batman. I like Cyborg just noticing especially in this and Justice League Doom that everyone's all like "oh Cyborg you're so awesome, you're the hero we deserve" not to mention apparently he's a founding member of the Justice League now.
DC has been pushing Cyborg pretty hard since the New 52 relaunch in 2011. They made him a founding member of the Justice League and a much larger player in the overall DCU. I'm surprised they have yet to give him a solo series yet.

I'm not exactly sure the why behind the decision to push him, but I'm glad they did. Cyborg is a character I've always liked. He was awesome in the (now not so) New Teen Titans, and of course the Teen Titans animated show.

Edit* Totally forgot to actually respond to the original point of this thread.

I've never gotten around to reading all of Flashpoint (I want to!) I know a decent bit about it, but I'm not sure how accurate the movie was.

I'm of two minds about it:

As an adult fan of DC, I really loved it. It was an interesting take on the characters. Probably one of my favorite DC animated movies.

As a guy who has a kid sister who's really into the DCAU, I'm bummed I can't watch this with her. It is WAY too violent for her to deal with at her age. Especially because it's her freaking heroes doing some F'd up stuff.

Dapman

Currently playing as Lex Luthor.
I saw the movie and enjoyed the different take on many significant events. However, there was one thing that not only made me feel deeply saddened, but actually left what felt like a hole somewhere inside of me for the duration of this movie.

As a male of our species, I am incapable of crying or showing any kind of outward sadness. But... seeing Superman in his state, and knowing that he would never become the beacon of hope that he was meant to be almost made me shed a single, manly tear. What happens when you take everything from the man who could've had it all? Well, we got our answer in this movie.

Without the moral guidance of his adoptive parents and the trials of his "correct" life, the Man of Steel was relegated to being a thin, confused, frightened mess of a being. I think the saddest part about this whole movie was that he probably survives the destruction of the Flashpoint world, left only to the cold emptiness of space.

Reedoms

Noob
As a male of our species, I am incapable of crying or showing any kind of outward sadness. But... seeing Superman in his state, and knowing that he would never become the beacon of hope that he was meant to be almost made me shed a single, manly tear. What happens when you take everything from the man who could've had it all? Well, we got our answer in this movie.

Without the moral guidance of his adoptive parents and the trials of his "correct" life, the Man of Steel was relegated to being a thin, confused, frightened mess of a being. I think the saddest part about this whole movie was that he probably survives the destruction of the Flashpoint world, left only to the cold emptiness of space.
The book goes more into detail on his life and it's pretty damn depressing. He met Lois a few times since her dad worked at the area but then they just shut him off from any human contact except for a few scientists.