What's new

Question Just wondering...

Harlequinnj

"Trying to make me laugh?"
Not sure if anyone else thinks the same, but I noticed earlier that I got grappled several times whilst I was lying down in Tantrum Stance -

Yeah, that's right....

Is this a legit thing, a bug/glitch, a random occurrence (similarly to some projectiles hitting you, then missing you every other time when ducking) or what??? Because it's pretty stupid and defeats the object of my thinking (tantrum - enemy whiffs grab - punish with cartwheel - combo) and the whole point of her being able to lay down in the first place (to dodge high/mid attacks/throws/projectiles)

I just need to knoowwwwwwww

BlackRam

Noob
You might have already verified, but a few questions:

Did this happen online?
What character grabbed you? (Man this question just doesn't seem right....)
Were you fully on the ground? I know I can be in the process of hitting the ground and still get caught in a grab or a bat zipline.

Harlequinnj

It happened online and I was fully on the ground (she was doing that adorably cute thing with her legs)

The first time it was Flash, and the guy was a noob so he didn't bother to punish me with a special or whatever, so he just randomly pulled out a grab and when i saw it grabbed me out of the stance i was like wtf!?

The second time is was Grundy (i was trying to trick him into attacking so i could whip out a cartwheel, cause all he did was spam swamp hands and mash his health chain....) and it was even worse, because he grabbed me out with his trait and he ended up winning the match because I couldn't wager :/

It just annoyed me, because if this isa legit thing then a Grundy player could literally just endlessly grab me out of tantrum stance and fuck me up with a chain grab, or any of his grabs for that matter!

D

Deleted member 9158

Her legs may be high enough for the game to register the hitbox for the grab. the grundy thing, you can't crouch that so maybe that's why he got you the TS?

Harlequinnj

Hmm, never thought about that...

Damn if that's actually the legit reason why, then...NRS SORT OUT YAH DAYM HIT BOXES!

D

Deleted member 9158

Hmm, never thought about that...

Damn if that's actually the legit reason why, then...NRS SORT OUT YAH DAYM HIT BOXES!
I've noticed highs and mids knocking me out of TS from time to time as well, but mostly on the way down into the stance where her hitbox is still normal. You take shit as you go with Harley apparently lol

Harlequinnj

I've noticed highs and mids knocking me out of TS from time to time as well, but mostly on the way down into the stance where her hitbox is still normal. You take shit as you go with Harley apparently lol
Hmm, never been physically hit out of trantrum stance before, just these random grapples...

I guess that's how it goes with Harley, better not whip out TA's on block then i suppose

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
What character grabbed you? (Man this question just doesn't seem right....)

It was Nightwing and he grabbed my no no special place!!!

In all seriousness find out what characters are doing this to you and go in ractice mode and record them and see which moves are actually able to do it whould be good for all us Harley users

BlackRam

Noob
Highs and mids get me all the time online, mostly when I am being risky or sloppy. So now I try to use the kick portion to open the person up for the rest of TS. Which may not be ideal. Still new to Harley.

D

Deleted member 9158

Hmm, never been physically hit out of trantrum stance before, just these random grapples...

I guess that's how it goes with Harley, better not whip out TA's on block then i suppose
It works better in combos or as a whiff punish. I love standing at a little further than mid screen, and using her Silly slide and cancelling it into TS for mix ups. It's a glorious thing when I do it right

TheSpore

Highs and mids get me all the time online, mostly when I am being risky or sloppy. So now I try to use the kick portion to open the person up for the rest of TS. Which may not be ideal. Still new to Harley.
hey curious actually, can you TS 2 and then TS 1 in a combo, never tried it?

Harlequinnj

She's great and has so much tech to be discovered, but he only thing I still wonder about is the us of her TS2. I can't seem to find any use of it besides mixing up on block as they seem to fall for it often. But seeing as you can get hit out of TS, i'm not sure it's that ideal anymore :/

D

Deleted member 9158

Yeah, I like to use it at about mid-screen for whiff punishes, or straight off a J2. Here's something that'll help you

J2 3 TS 2, followed immediately by : vertical J2, Ts 1 (then followed by anything you usually combo off of after like B3 or a FJ2. The TS 2 knocks them down, letting you have just enough time to do another J2 which is an overhead. 9/10 people are crouch blocking after the TS 2, so it's a pretty decent mix up.

Harlequinnj

It works better in combos or as a whiff punish. I love standing at a little further than mid screen, and using her Silly slide and cancelling it into TS for mix ups. It's a glorious thing when I do it right
Hmm, i seeeee

Also, ditto, i don't know what i'd do if she couldn't cancel Silly Slide. Sometimes, it almost makes me glad when i accidentally input silly slide instead of tantrum... cause I just cancel it and most of the time get a confirm.

TheSpore

She's great and has so much tech to be discovered, but he only thing I still wonder about is the us of her TS2. I can't seem to find any use of it besides mixing up on block as they seem to fall for it often. But seeing as you can get hit out of TS, i'm not sure it's that ideal anymore :/
We should explore the use of TS2 it honestly seems like it has a good use to it.

BlackRam

Noob
I use TS2 mostly as a change up or my finger slips...

Though there is post showing TS2 being used as an "evade" using it loosely, against a Bane charge.

TheSpore

Fan of the crazy here as well.

Personally, I like my Harley in the Classic costume only. It just looks so much better.
The classic to me it is cool looking, but it looks kinda weird in game to me, I prefer the Arkham skin