What's new

Just some things I thought I'd share.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Hey guys it's been a minute since I've actually made a thread but I figured I would take a moment and let you guys know how my progress with some new tactics I have been working on as well as some new block strings and stutters I have been using.

I will start with one of the newer things I have been testing that has been VERY effective for me, and that is anytime I hit a grounded opponent with an acid hand, I double dash past the knocked down opponent then I d4 acid hand. I have found this blows up TONS of wake ups. Not only does the other person have to know to reverse the input but also even if they get the input right most of the time it gets stuffed by the d4 acid hand. This has done wonders for me in matches and if you decide to only take one thing from this thread I highly recommend this. d4 acid hand is a great tool to check opponents and is Reptile's #1 footsie tool imo, so use this well!

I have been toying with a lot of stagger strings lately too and I have found a couple that I really like and will probably start applying to my game permenantly. I have been going with the standard Chris G standing 1 stutters into other strings and it has been paying off, and I have been mixing that up with the 321 string staggers too, and throwing in some d3's and throws in between to keep the opponent on his toes. One particular series I have been using is 1 3 d3 321... This has been really helping my block strings become more effective and damaging.

Lastly I just want to talk about Reptile's AA game, this is a part of my game I have really wanted to improve on along with my footsies. I have to say I really underestimated how good his AA's are standing 1 ffb in particular, I catch JIP's with it a LOT! If you guys can take the time to learn when to use this and how it could get you a lot farther. I also want to go back and talk about d4 AA's because I know it isn't new but I don't see many Reptile players use it at all and I have no idea why?!

Truthfully I land d4 forceball more consistently than 1/2 fball as aa. I always catch them with 1/2 to low I guess.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Truthfully I land d4 forceball more consistently than 1/2 fball as aa. I always catch them with 1/2 to low I guess.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah If they end up anywhere below Reptile's chest in the air when the standing one hits, you pretty much have to ex yer ffb.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Yeah man mine too, it's just too good when you start doing it correctly honestly!
I can only reliably do D4 Acid Hand as an AA or Anti crossup....

I have massive problems doing D4 forceball from a crouching position (this annoys me when punishing Lao's teleport too) but I can do it straight off the bat from standing. Does anyone else have that problem or tips on getting the forceball out?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I can only reliably do D4 Acid Hand as an AA or Anti crossup....

I have massive problems doing D4 forceball from a crouching position (this annoys me when punishing Lao's teleport too) but I can do it straight off the bat from standing. Does anyone else have that problem or tips on getting the forceball out?
That is a mechanic thing I think. When you are in a crouching state and you try to go into d4 ffb, you HAVE TO DO THE WHOLE INPUT, no shortcuts. So for Reptile you would have to do d4 bb3 to get the ffb to come out. Standing you can shortcut and it makes it easier with d+b+4 b3. At least that's what it seems to be like for me, I could be dead wrong lol.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Also a side note because idk where the fuck to put this but has anyone else noticed that if you do an EN SFB, elbow dash forward, then use normal invisibility, you can block the view of your forceball and it looks like it disappears?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Also a side note because idk where the fuck to put this but has anyone else noticed that if you do an EN SFB, elbow dash forward, then use normal invisibility, you can block the view of your forceball and it looks like it disappears?
Nah I had no idea! I might start looking into this, oh chef...you always cooking up crazy schemes!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Awesome thanks dude! You da man!
Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Okay totally separate from what I was saying earlier, but has this been found?

Basically you can time an Elbow Dash through the opponent on wakeup with the same timing whether they roll or not, and it will make their wakeups go backwards.

Works off of BnB and Elbow Dash at least, not sure what else it works off of.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Okay totally separate from what I was saying earlier, but has this been found?

Basically you can time an Elbow Dash through the opponent on wakeup with the same timing whether they roll or not, and it will make their wakeups go backwards.

Works off of BnB and Elbow Dash at least, not sure what else it works off of.
I've known that you could do this but I have never seen it done consistently or seen a setup for it, VERY NICE!! lol sorry it took a minute to reply my computer at work is slow as fuck at watching videos.

EGP Wonder_Chef

I've known that you could do this but I have never seen it done consistently or seen a setup for it, VERY NICE!! lol sorry it took a minute to reply my computer at work is slow as fuck at watching videos.
Yeah the timing isn't that hard at all I can do it like 50% of the time right now, I'm sure it would be 100%ish after practicing it for a while.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I haven't seen a consistent setup other than this one, but I've known it was possible for a while. I just did it manually.

I want to see the forceball hiding thing.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Yeah the timing isn't that hard at all I can do it like 50% of the time right now, I'm sure it would be 100%ish after practicing it for a while.
Awesome I am going to probably take a bit today and look at that too. It's nice to see that we are still trying to come up with fresh ideas here. (Lord knows the character could use it lol.)

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I haven't seen a consistent setup other than this one, but I've known it was possible for a while. I just did it manually.

I want to see the forceball hiding thing.
Yeah no joke that setup sounds interesting as hell...THE POSSIBILITIES!!! Not that this one isn't I'm actually really glad we found a way to apply this!

EGP Wonder_Chef

Eh it isn't as good as I made it sound, it only works on the left side and doesn't quite fully hide the forceball. I'll post a video right now.