What's new

Question Just picked up Green Arrow

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
I could use someones help to run me down on the basics and a few solid bnbs that dont rely on ice arrow. If ur on xbox and wanna help msg me @ Jay Rupp
Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I could use someones help to run me down on the basics and a few solid bnbs that dont rely on ice arrow. If ur on xbox and wanna help msg me @ Jay Rupp

Didn't see this until now.

Here's some traitless BnB's to get you started.

F2D13, Dash, 223~Load Arrow (Kareful using this string because it's highly wiff punishable if they backdash or jump the first hit)

Mostly used as a punish: 113, J2, 223~Load Arrow

D1~Savage Blast

B2~4

B23

B13

For offensive damage he heavily relies on the Ice Arrow btw... but this is what you asked for.

PS: You kan also replace 223 with 111

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Didn't see this until now.

Here's some traitless BnB's to get you started.

F2D13, Dash, 223~Load Arrow (Kareful using this string because it's highly wiff punishable if they backdash or jump the first hit)

Mostly used as a punish: 113, J2, 223~Load Arrow

D1~Savage Blast

B2~4

B23

B13

For offensive damage he heavily relies on the Ice Arrow btw... but this is what you asked for.

PS: You kan also replace 223 with 111
Thanks for all that man, yeah I just wanted some fail safes incase I'm pressured with no ice arrows on deck. Thanks man.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Thanks for all that man, yeah I just wanted some fail safes incase I'm pressured with no ice arrows on deck. Thanks man.

When pressured it's generally better to D1 or block and AA.

If you kan get them to block a B13 or B23 then you kan kancel it into to load arrow. Standing Arrow on hit also grants you an arrow load.

The best go to normals are D1 and B2. Everything else is higher risk.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
When pressured it's generally better to D1 or block and AA.

If you kan get them to block a B13 or B23 then you kan kancel it into to load arrow. Standing Arrow on hit also grants you an arrow load.

The best go to normals are D1 and B2. Everything else is higher risk.
I really like d1xxSavage blast....I'm in the lab right now and I could see that getting some over zealous asses off me.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I really like d1xxSavage blast....I'm in the lab right now and I could see that getting some over zealous asses off me.
Yeah. It works well. I generally just D1 though as I like to stay in against most characters.

Don't know what range to to be in against match ups like Batman though. Character wins the match up everywhere.

While we're on the topic, who is currently banned as of now? and Zod and Scorpion were banned at one point right? Or am I just a giant coon?
Characters are only banned because they're new and people haven't learned the match up. (also in case of game breaking glitches)

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier

Add me XBL: Jimmypotato , Im usually only on, on weekends, but I would love to help out if we run into eachother.

One piece of advice I always give is, abuse the fuck outta J3 until they show you they can stop it.

On cross up you can do J3 223~hurricane bow for like 30% meterless, ideally you usually want the arrow reload, but this is a great string to push them into the corner or to end matches as most people don't know the damage it does. You can also catch D1~Arrow off a cross up jump 3 if you have an Ice Arrow loaded.

Even if they start blocking your Jump 3 cross up sometimes people won't know they can poke you after so I always go for a throw or D1~Arrow(SavageBlast depending on the situation)

I can show you some pressure stuff with normal arrow and ways to get away from people relatively safely as well.

My corner combo of choice is B2~UphavenBlast 11~SkyAlert 111~Hurricane bow, this does like 42% meterless. you can also just do 111~arrow reload but be ready for a wake up attack. Problem with this combo is there are about 6 characters it doesn't work on because the UphavenBlast will wiff, Zatana,Raven,Frost,Batgirl,Catwoman, and a couple others I can't remember right now.

There are many other tricks I use as well, He is a fun character but to get wins against the better characters in the game you really gotta know your gimmicks and work hard for the wins.

Just send me a message with your friend request

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
You can convert any knock down into an arrow load, so it shouldn't be too difficult to always have a special arrow out. Here's your combo with arrow:

F2D13xx4, dash, B3, JI3, walk forward, 223xxload arrow

Off of this, you can bait a wake up, or do a 50/50 into another freeze to do the combo, so it's almost a vortex, just without the standing resets. Your whole goal is to build meter for your super, then do one of his many setups to get an inescapable super that leads to 50-65% damage.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
You can convert any knock down into an arrow load, so it shouldn't be too difficult to always have a special arrow out. Here's your combo with arrow:

F2D13xx4, dash, B3, JI3, walk forward, 223xxload arrow

Off of this, you can bait a wake up, or do a 50/50 into another freeze to do the combo, so it's almost a vortex, just without the standing resets. Your whole goal is to build meter for your super, then do one of his many setups to get an inescapable super that leads to 50-65% damage.

you should mention this combo is done with freeze arrow, he was looking for stuff without freeze arrow

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
you should mention this combo is done with freeze arrow, he was looking for stuff without freeze arrow

Problem is that Ice Arrow is so superior to the other 2, that there is no reason to not stock it when you get the chance. The only one that comes close is Fire Arrow, and that's situational.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Add me XBL: Jimmypotato , Im usually only on, on weekends, but I would love to help out if we run into eachother.

One piece of advice I always give is, abuse the fuck outta J3 until they show you they can stop it.

On cross up you can do J3 223~hurricane bow for like 30% meterless, ideally you usually want the arrow reload, but this is a great string to push them into the corner or to end matches as most people don't know the damage it does. You can also catch D1~Arrow off a cross up jump 3 if you have an Ice Arrow loaded.

Even if they start blocking your Jump 3 cross up sometimes people won't know they can poke you after so I always go for a throw or D1~Arrow(SavageBlast depending on the situation)

I can show you some pressure stuff with normal arrow and ways to get away from people relatively safely as well.

My corner combo of choice is B2~UphavenBlast 11~SkyAlert 111~Hurricane bow, this does like 42% meterless. you can also just do 111~arrow reload but be ready for a wake up attack. Problem with this combo is there are about 6 characters it doesn't work on because the UphavenBlast will wiff, Zatana,Raven,Frost,Batgirl,Catwoman, and a couple others I can't remember right now.

There are many other tricks I use as well, He is a fun character but to get wins against the better characters in the game you really gotta know your gimmicks and work hard for the wins.

Just send me a message with your friend request
Will do bro I appreciate it. I found out that same bnb in the lab, 34% for no arrows or meter is pretty straight.