What's new

Just got back from my first local tourney

First of all, it was tag, and my partner wasn't really the greatest at one person, but he's alright with a few characters.
anyways
we rolled through the competition, there was maybe 25+ people there. it was great
we made it to the final fight, me(reptile), my partner(sub zero) and the other team (kung lao and cyber sub)
My partner starts and does pretty good, takes out the first guy, then dies, so its all on me to take out lao and i succeed.
round two was close but they take it with CSZ and my reptile.
I blow through him and out comes kung lao, he manages to finish me with a quarter of health left,
my partner(sub) comes out and kung lao immediately resorts to 2,4 low hat about 20+ times and takes him out for the win.
they got the prize money which consisted of $5 from everybody who participated and second place(my team) with nothing

so after all this i realized it takes no skill at all to win with kung lao.
thats the worst fucking way to take the win i think.

Reedoms

Noob
First of all, it was tag, and my partner wasn't really the greatest at one person, but he's alright with a few characters.
anyways
we rolled through the competition, there was maybe 25+ people there. it was great
we made it to the final fight, me(reptile), my partner(sub zero) and the other team (kung lao and cyber sub)
My partner starts and does pretty good, takes out the first guy, then dies, so its all on me to take out lao and i succeed.
round two was close but they take it with CSZ and my reptile.
I blow through him and out comes kung lao, he manages to finish me with a quarter of health left,
my partner(sub) comes out and kung lao immediately resorts to 2,4 low hat about 20+ times and takes him out for the win.
they got the prize money which consisted of $5 from everybody who participated and second place(my team) with nothing

so after all this i realized it takes no skill at all to win with kung lao.
thats the worst fucking way to take the win i think.
Should've blocked low.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
I dont think it's that Kung Lao takes no skill to be good, but that the same amount of skill it takes to play one character goes farther for Lao. Don't hate, he was just better than your friend haha. At least you didn't lose to a Sheeva spammer lol.

Join a singles tournament next time. You can't trust your friend in a tag tourney if he can't block low. 24 low hat wasn't that bad before the patch.