What's new

[June 11-13] NYC Road to EVO 2 - UMK3 TO BE STREAMED AGAIN!

Noob
Taken from SRK: http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=222564

UMK3 WINNERS FINAL,LOSER'S FINAL AND GRAND FINAL TO BE STREAMED LIVE!

Lexington Marco LaGuardia Hotel
137-07 Northern Boulevard
Flushing/LaGuardia Airport, NY 11354
Phone: 718-445-3300
www.marcolaguardiahotel.com

Room are $109/night (double beds are the same price)

For people flying in from out of state, try to fly into LaGuardia Airport because the hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the airport and hotel.

For people taking mass transit to the hotel, it's a short walk from the 7 Train. you would get off at queens bound Main street flushing (last stop)

For those driving to the venue, the hotel has on-site parking.

==============================
Games will be:

Super Street fighter 4 Teams PS3
Super Street Fighter 4 Singles PS3
Tekken 6 PS3
Tatsunoko vs Capcom WII
Melty Blood Actress Again PS2
HD Remix PS3
Street Fighter 3 Third Strike PS2
Capcom vs SNK 2 PS2
Smash Brothers Melee GAME CUBE
Smash Brothers Brawl WII
Ultimate Mortal Kombat XBOX360
Marvel vs Capcom 2 ps3
==============================

This is an odd situation, as I cannot make it to this one...and it's, AT MOST, 25 mins from me. I'll be in NJ volunteering at the NJ Special Olympics.

Anyway, they're planning on running this on Xbox 360 which, as we know is extremely limited in terms of usable controllers/sticks, and overall an inferior version of the game.

Shock, I know you said you weren't making plans for this. They're running it on Sunday, if that's the case, can you make it? I know that John and Joe will be there for it. If you, Rob, John, Joe, and possibly Simon can make it, it will be a great little tournament.

Rob, if you want to go and Shock can't make it, one of us will give you a little rundown of how to run the tournament(if you want to) and how to set up the sticks/pads simultaneously on MAME.

Sorry I can't make this one this time... but who wants to go to this one?

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
[June 11-13] NYC Road to EVO 2 - UMK3

I have the money and the ambition, but sadly I don't have the time to take off...I just started my new job and I can't get time that early. Union jobs. Meh. ::|

S

SuGaR

Not this early, Septemberish is a possibility.

Dark_Rob

Noob

AC1984 said:
I'm there....
Simon, they are having the UMK3 tourney on sunday. Phil is going to talk to the TO about having Shock and I do it on MAME instead of xbox 360(yuck) If you want to come up saturday you could crash at my house(I live 15 minutes from the venue) We could get in plenty of casuals that night to. :)

AC1984

Kaballin!

Sounds awesome man, I'm already looking forward to it.

The stream should be back (at the earliest) 1pm. Good luck to those attending. I should have tried harder to get there. :(

AC1984

Kaballin!
Wow, It was an amazing experience again...yeah there were some input issues but i still had tons of fun and i don't have any regrets for nothing. Congratulations to Joe and Shock for the good performance and for the epic show they put.The whole time i was like WOOOOOW. UMK got great attention thanks to those two MK monsters. Thank you Rob and Johny Cage for the great time as well. Thanks to Chin and Sci for the good debut, I hope to see ya next time....Overall the event was great and i wish to see even better response at Summer Jam.

P.S. thanks Scheisse for recording the matches, I'm gonna enjoy them now with a cup of coffee...And last but not least I want to thank the viewers who supported UMK3.

Wow, amazing matches! That was so good to watch! Nice to see a good mix of characters being played at such a high level in a tourney. Anyone know what the viewing amount was on the stream at the time? Also what were peoples reactions in the chat on the stream?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
One might call it, the 15 year itch.

There are some pretty crazy combos mixed around those matches, so everything is worth a watch. Ermac 100% in my set with Rob, flashy Sonya combo towards the end of the finals with Joe, which I don't have a watchable copy of, but is available on the stream copies, and the full quality for them should be available soon as well. Also a repeat of my 63% Smoke corner back to corner combo from ECT2, I actually went for the LK this time but was too far. Ermac, pop up, RH, TP, slam, aaHPHP, aaHP, JK, LK in corner was nice too. Other random stuff, pressure scenarios, 4x Axe vs Rob, etc.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Shock said:
One might call it, the 15 year itch.

There are some pretty crazy combos mixed around those matches, so everything is worth a watch. Ermac 100% in my set with Rob, flashy Sonya combo towards the end of the finals with Joe, which I don't have a watchable copy of, but is available on the stream copies, and the full quality for them should be available soon as well. Also a repeat of my 63% Smoke corner back to corner combo from ECT2, I actually went for the LK this time but was too far. Ermac, pop up, RH, TP, slam, aaHPHP, aaHP, JK, LK in corner was nice too. Other random stuff, pressure scenarios, 4x Axe vs Rob, etc.
I still cant believe that 100% Ermac combo!...I was like Wha, what happened?? I was winning! lol Time seemed to stop and I was just helplessly watching my life bar dissapear...Awesome shit Shock, and a real crowd pleaser.

I really want to play you guys offline!

Good shit again guys, those tournament videos are nice. Nice Ermac Shock, can't wait to play you offline sometime!

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Vids from the rest of the tournament are up on www.youtube.com/theultimatemk and hopefully we'll get high quality footage from the finals soon. Whatever I uploaded were from matches I either wanted to put up, or matches from players who requested to be recorded because they want to see their mistakes. I will also upload the rest of ECT2 as soon as I get the vids from Rob, however, I am pretty certain at least something from that tournament is a single file I won't be able to upload to youtube, and I can't edit vids yet on this comp. Fortunately we usually stop recording every set in between usually, but I have to see the files again to know what's up.