What's new

Strategy Jumping.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Okay so I was in the lab and found that a deep J3 (Escrima) is very + on block. Probably around +10/11. This means that you can get a free B2/3/2/F2/D1. This begs the question: Should we be jumping more?
Pros of a deep J3:
- Easy way to apply pressure
- Can condition your opponent to not press buttons, leading the way to more frame-traps.
- Could be a possible mixup between Ji wingdings and Ji3?

Cons of a deep J3:
- Nightwing can be anti-aired reeaalllyy easily
- No need to jump as Nightwing has a strong ground game.

I've found a setup that uses a deep J3, will post it soon. What do you Dicks think?

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
Mello and I have been using this for a long time. We mess with eachother using j3 alot. You have to do a Delayed J3 though. We do D12 for the spaceing and if timed correctly the FWRdJ3 will cross up and you can controll it. I use this alot. @Shaazzyam also abuses it. If they dont block the delay j3 you get a full conversion to d1, EF, B2 that gives you the B2 set up. its verry nice and gets you out of pressure.

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Mello and I have been using this for a long time. We mess with eachother alot. You have to do a Delayed J3 though. We do D12 for the spaceing and if timed correctly the FWRdJ3 will cross up and you can controll it. I use this alot. @Shaazzyam also abuses it. If they dont block the delay j3 you get a full conversion to d1, EF, B2 that gives you the B2 set up. its verry nice and gets you out of pressure.
Damn that sounds sick, need to start using that for sure

gpmoney

if you get to patterned a Jb normal can stop you or if they read the jump in they can Frwd dash. It's rea;;y good the later you time it the better.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Even a high J3 is plus enough for D1 to stuff a reversal 6 frame Flying Uppercut..

Nightwing really does seem like he was built for kross ups and chip.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Even a high J3 is plus enough for D1 to stuff a reversal 6 frame Flying Uppercut..

Nightwing really does seem like he was built for kross ups and chip.
Excuse me. It's spelled "Khip".

I was in a stream chat and saw Paulo say something about NW's J3 being abusable or something. Who knows.

gpmoney

I've been abusing it since day1 >:p #hipster #whothefuckuseshashtags

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Excuse me. It's spelled "Khip".

I was in a stream chat and saw Paulo say something about NW's J3 being abusable or something. Who knows.
No.. "Chip" makes the "ch" sound..

Words like "kross" make the "K" sound...

It is fast and High priority so it is pretty good.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Speaking of jumping, there's a setup I have where you can make his J2 hit same side, but land cross-up. Idk if its known tho?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
So for the word "queen", you'd spell it "Kueen"? Thats just silly
No.. The "K" sound is more rigid than the start of the "Qu" sound. At least with my accent it is pronounced with a different mouthing and it is discernibly different.

Speaking of jumping, there's a setup I have where you can make his J2 hit same side, but land cross-up. Idk if its known tho?
Scorpion has this too. Didn't know NW had it...

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Didn't know that. Haven't played BF4... Only 3..
Yeah, BF4 was glitching in the beginning. There was a lawsuit against EA cause of ppl's unlocks were getting reset and the campaign was deleting the progress etc. I was playing the campaign the other day and it froze on me and glitched. I dont now how it is now though.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Yeah, BF4 was glitching in the beginning. There was a lawsuit against EA cause of ppl's unlocks were getting reset and the campaign was deleting the progress etc. I was playing the campaign the other day and it froze on me and glitched. I dont now how it is now though.
I heard about that.. Really sux for the players. Reminds me of the Diablo III komplaints...