What's new

Jumping Neutral Punch into Health Boost

Hey guys new to the forums! Found something in the lab today where you can do a jumping neutral punch and have enough time to get a Skeletal Boost out once you recover. A health boost will stay on you and recover health. Problem is if a damage boost comes out it cancels the effect, same goes for the EX version, except it keeps the health boost up and cancels the damage. I guess they really don't want Quan to get a damage boost off!

Umm, on block or on a hit? Because if on a hit chances are the opponent can just use a wake up attack before you regenerate any health to make it worth it instead of a combo.

Off of a hit. I haven't fully tested it but i would imagine some characters with very fast wake-ups punish the boost or stop the health regen on block. It seems be the safest way I have found to get a skeletal boost off. Also if they try to wake-up attack and you block you can punish for damage. There are probably ways to stop this, but as of now i haven't found another way to get a skeletal boost off effectively. Maybe something that only works on characters without fast wake-up moves.

Swoops

Noob
The safest way I've found to get a boost so far is to end any juggle with just a j.4. Puts them so far away though and I really think Quan is better when he's in the opponents face with resets/mix ups/rune traps. You'd think they would've given him more opportunities to throw out boost, but it's so slow. Maybe after a f.4?

Yeah i don't think the jumping neutral punch is worth it now over the damage. I was more interested in the way the damage boost disappears off Quan. Ending with j.4 seems to push them much farther but i feel as if they can still punish. It's really annoying not being able to get a boost off effectively, feel like Quan would be 100 times better if you could.