What's new

Tech Jump kick + tele combo ender

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
This is something i have been trying out just a little today. Im not sure if anyone has discovered this before but if so then just ignore me for being ignorant. With rain for the most part with rain you want to end combos with water gun or bubble for the ability to continue pressure or keep them standing.
However this is not always possible or sometimes you may wanna mix it up. I was inspired by TylerLantern and his combos that end with a wiff reptile dash to add pressure which helped him a lot at the tournament he won last night.
With rain i use this most after an EX-RH-43bubble-43lightning-jk tele. It does 33% and teleports you right behind them on their wakeup almost like smokes wiffed tele.
It is just another idea for something to help rain have a lot more options available. Let me know what you guys think.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Ya, I saw you do this to me in the match we just had. It sounds pretty good, and your the first person I've heard talk about it. Afterwards you could do his over head starter or that low sweep, both start with b2. Or If your confident they wont wake-up you could start RH pressure. Though I don't know if this is as effective as Smokes because he can do his after every knock down and it may be better because his takes longer for him to be right behind you, so if you didnt wake-up your most likly gunna eat a block string.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This is something i have been trying out just a little today. Im not sure if anyone has discovered this before but if so then just ignore me for being ignorant. With rain for the most part with rain you want to end combos with water gun or bubble for the ability to continue pressure or keep them standing.
However this is not always possible or sometimes you may wanna mix it up. I was inspired by TylerLantern and his combos that end with a wiff reptile dash to add pressure which helped him a lot at the tournament he won last night.
With rain i use this most after an EX-RH-43bubble-43lightning-jk tele. It does 33% and teleports you right behind them on their wakeup almost like smokes wiffed tele.
It is just another idea for something to help rain have a lot more options available. Let me know what you guys think.
hey man wanna get some games in tonight?

Sorry we didnt talk more, i needed to get focused lol

Hope you all had a great time, thanks for coming out

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
hey man wanna get some games in tonight?

Sorry we didnt talk more, i needed to get focused lol

Hope you all had a great time, thanks for coming out
Yea im free anytime and it would be nice to actually be able to play at my normal ability. That controller i was telling you about will get here on monday so by the time ATL Revival comes around ill be ready to play at my best.
And no worries i know you had a long road ahead of you last night and you had to be focused. Thanks for letting me use your controller and helping me out. Walker also without him i wouldnt have been able to play lol

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Ya, I saw you do this to me in the match we just had. It sounds pretty good, and your the first person I've heard talk about it. Afterwards you could do his over head starter or that low sweep, both start with b2. Or If your confident they wont wake-up you could start RH pressure. Though I don't know if this is as effective as Smokes because he can do his after every knock down and it may be better because his takes longer for him to be right behind you, so if you didnt wake-up your most likly gunna eat a block string.
Yea the mixup is most likely what i would go for. It can also panic people into trying to wakeup frantically and do something unsafe which can be easily baited out. It just adds another way for rain to continue the pressure that gets in peoples' head.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Need to find out how we can JiK into ex-tp. There is a damn trick with this that I can't find out.

Also, crossup + tp (a bit like PL does with KL) can be a good stuff.

I love the way king use tp with Rain

BookBurning

Voidwards
JIK teleport is pretty good but teleport is good on almost any oki situation.

JIP crossup teleport is gimmicky though because you're essentially throwing away your frame advantage and guaranteed pressure for no reason and unlike Raiden's teleport, Rain can't really bait with his on reaction to force a whiff punish.

That's just my 2-cents though. I'm old now and don't know things anymore lmao.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
Just an announcment i will be using this character more frequently then i usually used to, i will be grinding matchups out with him in the coming months to try n harness his full potential...
Next time you come up for a Dallas local, I'll try my best to make it out, and we can get some games and talk about Rain. good to hear you're putting time into Rain