What's new

jump/kick starters in regular MK3?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
They don't combo in MK3, this was added in UMK3.

It is however, possible to get them to connect so close to the ground that you land and recover before the comboed hit limit breaks, and feed into a ground combo. This is blockable. It is possible to perform blockable relaunch combos in MK3.

krsx

Noob
Shock said:
They don't combo in MK3, this was added in UMK3.

It is however, possible to get them to connect so close to the ground that you land and recover before the comboed hit limit breaks, and feed into a ground combo. This is blockable. It is possible to perform blockable relaunch combos in MK3.
Even in the corner? It just seems to connect from punch / kick starter to ground combo more quickly in the corner...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Because they don't have anywhere to move backward on the contact. You can get punch starters on the female ninjas in the corner with some characters in UMK3 that you normally can't.

The hits combo, but the system doesn't recognize it as an unblockable chain.

krsx

Noob
I see, makes sense.

Can you get those walk up (and maybe even a short burst of run) and punch starter to auto combo pop up + repeat in MK3? Even if it's blockable? I'm talking about that latest relaunch style in a the latest vids, I think I've seen Reptile, Sonya, Jax etc. doing it - especially against Sheeva...

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I don't think so seeing as you're coming up and not being as close to the ground as possible. It might be possible in the corner on Sheeva.